[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (5 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Figo walked out of RM training to settle terms with Inter...

Lol, it was all a mistake... but a silly one too. Poor Martins, from 20 to 27!
Just a few years with Inter will do that to you.

Edgar Davids was 31 when he joined Inter last season. Now he's 43.

Marion

Jul 3, 2005
I would say RM is bigger player's grave. They bought most expensive playas and look at them now they are turned into mid-class player's :groan: though I don't really know I should cheer or cry...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Nonda won't drop Roma

Saturday 6 August, 2005

Shabani Nonda has no intention of walking away from Roma, regardless of the transfer embargo verdict, insists his agent.

“Nonda will not leave the capital, as that just wouldn’t be honest,” said representative John Dario on Radio Radio.

The former Monaco hitman is one of several new signings whose status is in doubt following FIFA’s transfer embargo on Roma. The appeal to the TAS tribunal in Switzerland should come to a head on Monday, prompting rumours Nonda is looking for a less troubled move elsewhere.

“The Giallorossi believed in him when many other clubs doubted his physical fitness,” added Dario. “We will not forget that.”

However, the confirmation of the transfer block would mean Nonda and teammates Rodrigo Taddei and Samuel Kuffour would be unable to play for Roma until next season.

“If the TAS decision goes against us, then Nonda could work out a loan deal with Roma and another club so that he won’t be left in the stands for an entire campaign. In any case, his desire is to play with the Giallorossi – if not this term, then the next.”

The transfer embargo was imposed following Philippe Mexes’ controversial switch from Auxerre last summer and prevents Roma from signing any new players for the next two transfer sessions.

Although Nonda, Taddei and Kuffour penned their deals before the embargo was put in place on June 30, their contracts only legally began on July 1.

From Channel4.com

I think this is putting desperate in a more decent manner :D

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
Roma have announced that they have won their appeal against the FIFA ruling that prevented them from registering new players.

The appeal was heard by the Court of Arbitration for Sport over a ban imposed following a dispute over the signing of Philippe Mexes from Auxerre last year.

The decision now means that new signings Samuel Kuffour, Rodrigo Taddei and Shabani Nonda can be registered ahead of the start of the season.

FIFA imposed a year long ban in July which stopped them registering any new players after Auxerre demanded compensation for the loss of Mexes.

It was also ruled that the Ligue 1 outfit should be compensated to the tune of €8m for the breach of contract.

The acceptance of the appeal comes as a surprise, considering that CAS had turned down Roma's first appeal last month.

It also puts further doubts over the future of striker Antonio Cassano.

The explosive Azzurri international is out of contract next summer and a contract extension is no closer to being agreed.

Prior to their transfer embargo, Roma had been expected to accept a player plus cash offer from Juventus for Cassano.

However, following their signing of Patrick Vieira it is not yet known whether the Bianconeri will make a renewed bid.

From Football Italia(Channel4.com)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Messina safe, Toro turfed out Tuesday 9 August, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Messina have won their final appeal and will play in Serie A, but the top flight closes its doors to Torino.

The Sicilian club had originally been excluded from the Division due to financial irregularities, but the TAR tribunal of Lazio accepted their appeal that the paperwork was valid and today’s State Counsel decision also went their way.

Bologna and the FIGC had lodged motions to push Messina out of Serie A, a move which would’ve promoted the Rossoblu in their place.

“This is a great victory for sport,” stated Messina President Pietro Franza. “My first thoughts are for the players who have suffered and held out during this pre-season uncertainty. There were moments of real tension, but they are over now. It’s our duty to win back the credibility that our image has lost in recent weeks and strengthen the squad in the final days of the transfer market.”

Torino were not so fortunate, as their appeal has again been rejected and the club will not be able to play in Serie A this season. The Granata’s registration included a bank draft covering a £26m debt, but it later proved to be false. Accepting that Toro were not aware of this, they were given extra time to find the financial guarantees, but were unable to do so.

“Tomorrow we will present a new bank draft and, though I don’t know what it’ll achieve, it will at least show we acted in good faith,” said President Attilio Romero. “We do not deny our responsibilities, but we did everything possible to resolve the matter. We ran into continual obstacles when we were so close to a conclusion.”

The Stadio Delle Alpi squad will nonetheless apply for the ‘Lodo Petrucci’, a rule allowing a bankrupt club to start again in a lower Division with new owners, so Torino will return to Serie B despite their promotion.

Perugia and Salernitana have also been excluded from Serie B, while Benevento (C1), Imolese and Rosetana (C2) are ruled out. The State Counsel did accept the appeals put forward by Gela and Sassari Torres, who will play in Serie C1.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
New season fixtures on hold Tuesday 9 August, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday’s proposed formulation of the new season’s fixtures has been stopped as a result of Genoa’s on-going struggle to avoid demotion.

The calendars for the 2005-06 campaign were set to be published later this week, but that now looks unlikely to happen.

A Genoa tribunal court has successfully ordered the Italian Football Federation to suspend the composition of the fixtures.

The move comes just 24 hours after Genoa failed in their attempts to be re-instated into the Italian top-flight.

The port club were demoted to the Third Division earlier this summer, after the Serie B champions were found guilty of alleged match-fixing in the final game of last term against Venezia.

The Stadio Marassi outfit unsuccessfully appealed to the Federal Appeal Commission (CAF) on Monday which seemed to bring an end to the saga.

But the Italian season has been thrown into further chaos, with just 19 days to go before the scheduled start, as Genoa are now attempting to prove their innocence with the help of a civil court.

"There have been other situations in football in which different measures have been taken to that of Genoa," said Alessandro Repetto, President of the Genoa Province.

"Several come to mind, such as (Roma's Philippe) Mexes' case, and (Juve doctor Riccardo) Agricola's case.

"We hope that we can suspend the sporting sentence by taking our case to Genoa's tribunal."

It’s unclear at this stage what the Federation will do or when we will definitely know which sides will be playing in what Division next term.

Meanwhile, Genoa have been handed a one-game home stadium ban after their fans caused the abandonment of their Coppa Italia tie over the weekend.

Fans threw flares on to the pitch in protest at their demotion, resulting in Catanzaro being handed a 3-0 victory and safe passage to the next round.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
These thing is getting very confusing!!???

I don't know wich team is in Seria A for sure, wich teams is under investigation, wich was send to Serie B, wich was send to C...

Maybe after this end is over there will be only 10 teams in Serie A!!! :eek: :D

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Toro stars begin exodus
Wednesday 10 August, 2005
Just days after the final appeals were rejected, players from Torino, Perugia and Salernitana are flooding towards other clubs on free transfers.

The bankruptcy of these three sides means that they must start again through the Lodo Petrucci – allowing a club to begin with new owners one Division down – but this effectively frees all their existing players from their contracts.

It’s reported that Lazio have pounced on the situation to sign both Perugia central defender Guglielmo Stendardo and Torino’s promising 24-year-old midfielder Gaby Mudingayi.

“We took the news of our exclusion from Serie B very badly, but now everyone has to take their own path,” said Perugia goalkeeper Zeljko Kalac.

“I heard reports that Milan wanted me and that would be a dream come true. I wouldn’t mind being Dida’s understudy, as he has extraordinary class, but in football anything can happen. Roma also want an experienced ‘keeper and I fit the bill, while that would also be an extraordinary experience.”

Some of the other stars affected by this situation include Toro’s Brazilian youngster Andre Pinga, who is tracked by Reggina, Livorno and Messina, Under-21 international Antonio Floro Flores is interested in Udinese, while Perugia duo Marco Di Loreto and Do Prado are close to Fiorentina. Salernitana winger Davide Bombardini is a target for Bologna, so he would remain in Serie B this season.

Meanwhile, the Turin council has taken the first steps towards a future for the Granata, as Mayor Sergio Chiamparini has set himself up as the guarantor for the new owners. So far, the potential patrons of a ‘new’ Torino are local lawyer Pierluigi Marengo, businessmen Sergio Rodda and Luca Giovannone.

These are the teams that will be in Serie A and B next season, pending the result of Genoa’s civil court action:

SERIE A

Ascoli, Cagliari, Chievo, Empoli, Fiorentina, Inter, Juventus, Lazio, Lecce, Livorno, Messina, Milan, Palermo, Parma, Reggina, Roma, Sampdoria, Siena, Treviso, Udinese

SERIE B:

Albinoleffe, Arezzo, Atalanta, Avellino, Bari, Bologna, Brescia, Catania, Catanzaro, Cesena, Cremonese, Crotone, Mantova, Modena, Pescara, Piacenza, Rimini, Ternana, Torino, Triestina, Verona, Vicenza

Cannel4.com

Treviso and Ascoli in serie A??? interesting...

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
hummm... I just realice that if Ascoli plays in Serie A, there will be another bianconeri in Serie A...

That will be:

Unidese, Siena, Ascoli and Juve

Too many copycats :groan:

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I really dont get how this is right, those clubs were stopped from playing because of there finacial situation...so someone tell me how its legal now that there only potential source of income is leaving now on free transfer?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Fixtures lists set for Tuesday Friday 12 August, 2005

Genoa’s legal attempts to block the new season have been temporarily thwarted as the Serie A, B and C calendars will be drawn up on Tuesday.

This week the club – demoted to Serie C1 and handed a three-point penalty as a result of a match-fixing trial – forced the postponement of Thursday’s planned fixture list compilation by appealing to the Genoa TAR tribunal.

However, today the Lazio TAR ruled that Genoa’s civil courts have no jurisdiction over sporting matters – a legal loophole closed after the Catania chaos two years ago.

The FIGC has announced that the Serie A, B and C calendars will be drawn up at 1pm UK time on Tuesday August 16.

The appeal was made possible by the intervention of Mario Macalli, President of the Serie C Lega Calcio. “I see no reason to wait,” he noted. “The more time passes, the worse it will become. I represent the interests of 89 clubs in Serie C1 and C2 who have the right to play after obeying all the rules and they deserve to start their season.”

Genoa reacted furiously to the news that their legal strategy had, at least temporarily, failed to get them reinstated to the top flight. “I have nothing to say,” blasted President Enrico Preziosi. “The whole issue speaks for itself, really.”

The Rossoblu’s lawyer Franco Coppi insisted, “This decision opens up a serious conflict between sport and the courts of law. If the FIGC wants to go ahead and draw up the calendars, it will suffer the consequences.”

The date set for the Genoa TAR tribunal to discuss the matter with the FIGC is also set for Tuesday August 16, so this latest summer of chaos in Italian football is not over yet.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Nigeria duo Olorunleke Mathew and Obinna Nsorfor are hopeful of winning a deal with Chievo.

The pair have linked up with the Italian outfit on trial this pre-season and want to remain with the club.

Mathew believes his contract will be finalised by the end of the week.

"I know everything will work out very soon by the grace of God," explained Mathew to Kick Off.

"I've played all the friendly games involving the club since they started their pre-season.

"I am presently in camp with the other players, there are just a few things left to sort out, and we'll see how things are in the next few days."

Nsorfor, like Mathew, has enjoyed his time in Verona and is hopeful of extending his stay with the Italian outfit.

"Leke and I are doing our best to earn contracts with Chievo," stated Nsorfor.

"They are treating us well, they've shown us great respect and that is a positive sign."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)