[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (7 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Parma capture Corradi - Report
Tuesday 2 August, 2005

There are reports that Bernardo Corradi will be Alberto Gilardino’s replacement at the Stadio Tardini this season after agreeing a loan move from Valencia.

The former Chievo and Lazio hitman had been looking for a move back to Serie A and was linked with a series of clubs, including Inter, Milan, Sampdoria and Fiorentina.

There was also Premiership interest from Manchester City, but the Italian international wanted a return home following his disappointing spell in Spain.

The 29-year-old netted just three goals in 21 La Liga appearances and made it clear he was unhappy with the experience.

Corradi is a classic centre-forward and the natural replacement for Gilardino, who joined Milan last month in a £17m move. Valencia will continue to pay a percentage of his wages during his loan period.

Meanwhile, Parma have lost today’s pre-season friendly against Swiss outfit Basle 2-1. Youngster Rosina was on target for the Gialloblu, but Delgado and Petric sealed the scoreline.

Roma were also in action and beat Bolzano 3-1 with goals from Vincenzo Montella, Cerci and Corvia. Antonio Cassano and Francesco Totti played one half each, but were not fielded in the same line-up.

Toro appeal rejected - Messina back in A!
Tuesday 2 August, 2005

The verdicts are in from the TAR tribunal and it’s not good news for Torino, Perugia, Salernitana and Napoli – but Messina are back in Serie A.

Messina’s appeal has been accepted and the Sicilian club is readmitted to the top flight after a lengthy legal battle. Theirs was always the most solid position out of all the bankruptcy-threatened sides and supported by the local council.

The Lazio tribunal examined appeals against financially troubled clubs’ exclusion from Serie A and B, but mainly reiterated the verdict given by the football authorities.

This means that Torino are still out of the top flight, while Perugia and Salernitana will not be allowed to register for Serie B.

"We remain confident," stated Granata President Attilio Romero. "We had already been working towards having the right paperwork for the State Counsel on August 9."

Torino registered for the Championship with a bank draft that later proved to be false. The club claimed it was the victim of fraud, but has so far been unable to find financial backing to cover their £27.5m debts

In all 16 motions were handed to the TAR today – five of which were from Napoli in a bid to highlight ‘irregularities’ in the accounts of Arezzo, Ascoli, Brescia, Pescara and Vicenza – but all were rejected. Benevento have also been excluded from Serie C1.

The situation is still in the air, however, as the clubs can all lodge one final appeal to the State Counsel on August 9 - before the fixture lists are drawn up on August 12.

That date could also prove decisive for Messina, as the FIGC will probably lodge their own appeal to the State Counsel in order to have Messina excluded from the top flight.

Football clubs in Italy must prove their financial stability before registering for the new season. If they fail to do so, they are excluded and pushed down a Division to start again under new ownership.

Samuel thanks Nerazzurri
Tuesday 2 August, 2005

Walter Samuel has explained why he chose a return to Serie A with the Inter jersey and admits his experience in Madrid was a failure.

“I chose Inter because they proved that they wanted me at all costs,” revealed the defender in his presentation press conference this evening. He has been given the Number 25 shirt.

“I was treated with respect right from the start of negotiations and that was very important for me. I know everyone here and have played alongside them either at club level or internationally. This will be of great help to me and my family.”

Samuel has already made his mark on Serie A as the centre of Roma’s defence, but his one-year spell in Spain did not live up to expectations and he has returned for £10.4m.

“I would have liked to stay at Real Madrid until I’d achieved something, but it was a difficult year for everyone in the team. In any case, a disappointing experience like that will help me to win with Inter and I have no regrets. I don’t hold grudges against Real and you’d have to ask them why I wasn’t appreciated there.”

The Wall will be able to make his Nerazzurri debut in the Champions League preliminary round clash with Shakhtar Donetsk next Wednesday.

“If I am to play in the Ukraine then the choice lies with Coach Roberto Mancini,” added the Argentine. “I haven’t been training for the last few days, but I want to play right away because I know how important these games could be for our campaign.”

Samuel could also be joined by former Real Madrid teammate Luis Figo, who has been in negotiations for a free transfer.

“I don’t know if Figo will arrive here,” he admitted. “He went on a summer tour with the rest of the Madrid side and I have no idea how this situation will end up.”

Inter are also in the headlines as they are the best club side in the world at the moment. That’s according to the Iffhs (International Federation of Football History and Statistics), which puts them top of the July ranking with 294 points ahead of rivals Milan on 270. European Champions Liverpool are in third place.

Football Italia

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++
Messina those bastards i still remember when one of thier players grabbed nedved's cock, atleast it won't be boring
I remember their right-back.. Zoro or something like that.. he was a right bastard.. kept fouling our players every other second.. :groan:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Figo Fails To Agree Terms With Inter
8/3/2005 3:14:00 AM
Luis Figo has failed to agree personal terms with Internazionale after travelling to Milan in a bid to organise a transfer from Real Madrid.
With the Spanish club’s blessing, the Portuguese international went to Italy with his advisers as he sought to move along a switch to Roberto Mancini’s side.

But he returned empty handed after the two sides failed to bridge the gap over the wages that Inter were prepared to pay and those that Figo was demanding.

The former Barcelona star will not join up with the Madrid squad at their training camp in Austria and wait for further news from Milan.

A move wll have to completed in the next 48 hours if Figo wants to play in Europe for Inter as the club are set to register 25 players for the Champions League on August 4.

Figo was said to be keen on a move to Liverpool, but the deal was scuppered when Madrid refused to allow him to join the Reds on a free transfer and instead slapped a €3million price tag on his head.

There is also reports in Spain that Valencia could make a renewed effort to sign the 32-year-old, but they too have been put off thanks to the transfer fee and salary demands.

"We do not think that chasing Figo at the moment is necessary because the price is so high," said Valencia president Juan Bautista Soler.

"But if the coaching staff really want him and the price is lowered slightly then we could talk."

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Paolo Montero Intends To Return Home
8/3/2005 3:02:00 AM
Former Juventus defender Paolo Montero claims to have ended his European journey and fancies a move to Argentine club San Lorenzo.
The Uruguayan hard man has expressed his desire to continue playing soccer for a further few years in South America and his intention is to play a season in Argentina before returning to his former club Penarol where he wishes to retire.

This is a similar move to that of former Sevilla star Dario Silva who signed for Argentine club Colon de Santa Fe today, and like Montero hopes to retire from professional soccer at Penarol.

Montero (33) comments on the idea of returning to South America:

“I am thankful for everything I was given in Italy but have not accepted any of the new contracts offered to me after playing in Europe for 13 seasons.

“I moved to Italy when I was 19 and I think it is time to return. I fancy the idea of moving to Buenos Aires because it is very close to Montevideo, just 25 minutes by plane.

“At the moment I am training by myself, but I am hoping to start training for a club as soon as possible”.

Argentine media claim that Montero will travel to Argentina later this week to begin negotiations with San Lorenzo.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Paolo Montero Intends To Return Home
8/3/2005 3:02:00 AM
Former Juventus defender Paolo Montero claims to have ended his European journey and fancies a move to Argentine club San Lorenzo.
The Uruguayan hard man has expressed his desire to continue playing soccer for a further few years in South America and his intention is to play a season in Argentina before returning to his former club Penarol where he wishes to retire.

This is a similar move to that of former Sevilla star Dario Silva who signed for Argentine club Colon de Santa Fe today, and like Montero hopes to retire from professional soccer at Penarol.

Montero (33) comments on the idea of returning to South America:

“I am thankful for everything I was given in Italy but have not accepted any of the new contracts offered to me after playing in Europe for 13 seasons.

“I moved to Italy when I was 19 and I think it is time to return. I fancy the idea of moving to Buenos Aires because it is very close to Montevideo, just 25 minutes by plane.

“At the moment I am training by myself, but I am hoping to start training for a club as soon as possible”.

Argentine media claim that Montero will travel to Argentina later this week to begin negotiations with San Lorenzo.
he could have trained with juve in this time.. instead of miccoli...

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
NFA is full of incompetent fools!

What kind of site is this? http://www.nigeriafa.com ?

Then look at the offending page: http://www.nigeriafa.com/eagles players.htm

Notice the discrepancy about Seyi Olofinjana?

They have given Garba Lawal and Martins the same date of birth as Isaac Okoronkwo. In real life (not NFA's site), Lawal was born in 1973. You can also read on the website that Julius Aghahowa was born on the 121st of February.

Can you imagine? I am so pissed off!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)