It it true? We want Lampard? I Agree! (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Lampard for Trez isn't a fair direct swap. I'd rather take straight cash for Trez and buy some players

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
Moderators shouldn't this be in the Transfer thread by anychance

I hardly doubt that Chelsea will release Lampard since he is ENglish and they lack a lot of English players in their starting 11...

its only him and Johnson, Terry and Bridges....

And also Chelsea wants to have a core of English players that pull the team forward so I think its out of the question
First of all they will never accept a bid
and even if he would have some kind of a clause

Chelsea would offer 50% more in wages then our top offer just to make sure he stays....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sutnop ] ++
Moderators shouldn't this be in the Transfer thread by anychance

I hardly doubt that Chelsea will release Lampard since he is ENglish and they lack a lot of English players in their starting 11...
Didn't seem to bother them in the Vialli days, I don't think it'll bother them now.. as long as they get the results. The situation was even worse back then!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Lampard for Trez isn't a fair direct swap. I'd rather take straight cash for Trez and buy some players

i know, but IF lampard is coming to juve, then it's going to be straight swap with trez, imo.

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    Okay, I haven't heard... to be honest, I still dont know Emerson.

Is Lampard and Emerson alike?

If Juve give away Nedved to Chelsea, then we definitely need to have Lampard going our way. Trez going to Chelsea will hurt us, but it should compensate if they give us around 15M.

But yes, I agree that Lampard is similar to Maresca. I think we could use them on rotation if not together.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

i know, but IF lampard is coming to juve, then it's going to be straight swap with trez, imo.
    that would be a very.. unwise .. trasnfer eva... trezeguet is a proven serie A performer... for a direct swap with Lampard who just had a breakthrough season?.. he at least worth Lampard+15 min ......

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by epitaph ] ++
    a good midfielder but there is no way in the world he is worth £11 million!
    come to ask me i think he is worth even more ....best player in the PL this season IMO ...ok Henry might have done a bit better but if you see this guy play you would understand ...he is amazing

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    Okay, I haven't heard... to be honest, I still dont know Emerson.

Is Lampard and Emerson alike?

If Juve give away Nedved to Chelsea, then we definitely need to have Lampard going our way. Trez going to Chelsea will hurt us, but it should compensate if they give us around 15M.

But yes, I agree that Lampard is similar to Maresca. I think we could use them on rotation if not together.
    lampard wont replace nedved though. they differ in style of play. it all comes down to our coach. deschamps plays a 4-4-2, lampard can suit that, but with maresca there, is there a need for him? this is the whole point, lampard isnt a NEED, he is a WANT...and i think we should ignore wants at the moment and go for needs first. Ie. a creative playmaker, world class DM and defenders.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I doubt so too. He's a fine player, and will only improve with time. Is suspect Nedved was no better at his age.

As for the probability of him being available, well it's rumoured that he's unhappy at being on less money than bit-part players like Crespo despite being the linch-pin of the team. He was linked to Man Utd already, but that's unlikely as he'd be competing with Scholes for a position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)