IT Crowds - the best comedy TV show ever! (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
god forbit you should relate to anyone from the computer industry
On my ass like a loan shark, Bes :D

I do relate to certain things about the show, it's not all distant. But on the whole it's not funny, because the characters are caricatures, not real. Or at least not like the people I know and have met in the "industry". It may be amusing to some to think that computer geeks have no confidence and no motor skills and hate sports with a passion (there is actually an episode on the show where one of the characters has to kick a football and it's like torture to him), but here we are on a football forum that I started because I was playing a lot of footie and I got interested in Serie A.

And more importantly, the show is not even about computer stuff or working in IT and fixing people's computers most of the time. It's about awkward social and cultural statements that I don't relate to very much.

If you want to see something a lot more real to me then you have to see Office Space. It kills.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
On my ass like a loan shark, Bes :D

I do relate to certain things about the show, it's not all distant. But on the whole it's not funny, because the characters are caricatures, not real. Or at least not like the people I know and have met in the "industry". It may be amusing to some to think that computer geeks have no confidence and no motor skills and hate sports with a passion (there is actually an episode on the show where one of the characters has to kick a football and it's like torture to him), but here we are on a football forum that I started because I was playing a lot of footie and I got interested in Serie A.

And more importantly, the show is not even about computer stuff or working in IT and fixing people's computers most of the time. It's about awkward social and cultural statements that I don't relate to very much.

If you want to see something a lot more real to me then you have to see Office Space. It kills.

alright alright, you know i am only trying to annoy you. but i will see office space

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
alright alright, you know i am only trying to annoy you. but i will see office space
I did, right after seeing Martin's post, it had some IT humour probably which I could laugh at, and it kills him? He is definitely one of them.

If it was anybody other than Martin, I would have thought that he found the forums first and then got into footie. Or probably he made this forum so that he could talk football like real fans with his football loving pals; Juventuz.com is his version of bluffball.co.uk :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I did, right after seeing Martin's post, it had some IT humour probably which I could laugh at, and it kills him? He is definitely one of them.
I think it's a story that should be hilarious to any office worker, especially in computing. But I could be wrong.

If it was anybody other than Martin, I would have thought that he found the forums first and then got into footie. Or probably he made this forum so that he could talk football like real fans with his football loving pals; Juventuz.com is his version of bluffball.co.uk :D
This just went over my head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)