Israeli-Palestinian conflict (47 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #783
    Canada condemns Hamas for being responsible for the UNRWA school massacre.

--------------

Seriously, some countries just have to shut up or learn some logic.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    yeah...but why ..oh why they don't wanna occupy canada?...if there were 5 gallons of oil there, well you know the rest..(no offense to the canadiens)

Oct 3, 2004
    The IDF uploaded YouTube videos to show how Hamas militants actually fired rockets from the school, thus justifying their actions!

As much as this is a war on the ground, it's just as heated in terms of propaganda.

Al Manar TV also made a special report (Ok so they're Hezballah TV, who hate Israel and USA) on the USA's coverage of Gaza war. They showed a picture of an Israeli mother and her daughter crying (both look well-dressed) with a caption below it highlighting their pain and anguish of living in fear of a Hamas rocket...

...and then the second caption of a wounded Palestinian mother and child in rags and looking dirty simply describing it: wounded palestinian mother and child.

It's like they're trying to portray who is the icon of civilised human being, and who is the barbarian. And letting their target audience (Americans) decide who to sympathize with.

[EDIT]

Oct 3, 2004
    I saw it on Al Jazeera this morning, they said that IDF is showing it on YouTube and they showed the actual footage. No idea about the link.

It's an aerial view (like it's filmed from a war plane), and you can see someone launching a rocket from a building. Of course, it's debatable....it can be old footage, modified, or maybe an actual rocket launch, but not from the school itself etc....

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #790
    I saw it on Al Jazeera this morning, they said that IDF is showing it on YouTube and they showed the actual footage. No idea about the link.

It's an aerial view (like it's filmed from a war plane), and you can see someone launching a rocket from a building. Of course, it's debatable....it can be old footage, modified, or maybe an actual rocket launch, but not from the school itself etc....
    Thanks.

The claimed ceasefire has started since 20 minutes by the way.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The IDF uploaded YouTube videos to show how Hamas militants actually fired rockets from the school, thus justifying their actions!

As much as this is a war on the ground, it's just as heated in terms of propaganda.

Al Manar TV also made a special report (Ok so they're Hezballah TV, who hate Israel and USA) on the USA's coverage of Gaza war. They showed a picture of an Israeli mother and her daughter crying (both look well-dressed) with a caption below it highlighting their pain and anguish of living in fear of a Hamas rocket...

...and then the second caption of a wounded Palestinian mother and child in rags and looking dirty simply describing it: wounded palestinian mother and child.

It's like they're trying to portray who is the icon of civilised human being, and who is the barbarian. And letting their target audience (Americans) decide who to sympathize with.

[EDIT]
    Well, that's what the media does. I watch both American news and channels such as Al Jazeera English and Iranian TV English, and I think the latter channels do a better job to cover both sides of the story. For instance, I haven't heard much talk about war crimes over here on American channels, if any. So the media is skewed whether people here like it or not.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    not to derail this any further, it has absolutely nothing to do with muslims jews or martians, Bin Laden attacked america for one reason and one reason only, and had saudi arabia not have any oil that reason would not exist(our presence there). Sure the politicians will stir religious/nationalistic emotions to validate and legitimize their actions but trust me it's all about money and power; and like i said if the same was the case with mexico they d blow shit up too. Few people would let a bully just kick the shit out of them without remotely fighting back.
    I'm not sure how Bin Laden attacking the US relates to the current situation. But fine I'm sure the Israeli's who attempted to invade Gaza were purely rational human beings.

As for your predicted future suicide Mexicans. That's the case anytime a greater power abuses the little guy. That said, the climate over here is nothing like the Middle East, so I find you're scenario a little hard to believe though your overall point is understood.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ßüякε;1856825 said:
    On the contrary, I think Canada knows a lot about war, because they know how to stay the fuck out of them.

Whick is how I wish we were.
    That is word!

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    Canada doesn't know shit about war anyway. If the US decided to occupy them they'd bow down without much of a fight.
    Don't be ignorant. Saying "Canada doesn't know shit about war" is quite disrespectful to the +45,000 who died to liberate Europe, which proportional to our population at the time, was the same as the U.S (actually 0.08 higher, but I doubt that's statistically significant). These men and women were committed to liberating Europe despite Canada never having a Pearl Harbour (ie: a real reason to get involved, beyond being helping out old allies)
    Perhaps a tour around Europe, visiting various Canadian war memorials would make u appreciate Canada's ability to fight.

As for invading us. Have fun conquering the 2nd largest country in the world, with a climate that ranges from +30 to -30 (that's just our capital btw), and a geography that ranges from mountains to prairies

Canada condemns Hamas for being responsible for the UNRWA school massacre.

--------------

Seriously, some countries just have to shut up or learn some logic.
    A little context wouldn't hurt.

That's the official response of a conservative, american lapdog government who will be gone soon (Parliament was shut down last month to prevent the opposition from removing them from power, something Bush would be proud of).

Canadians are unanimously condemning Israeli action. However, considering America's "war on terror", it's simply foolish and naive to expect Canada to make an official response that even shows the slightest bit of support for Hamas, a terrorist organization. It's not worth the diplomatic headache, since this issue doesn't effect Canadians enough. Countries in Europe can do it, but they arent nearly as interconnected.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #800
    A little context wouldn't hurt.

That's the official response of a conservative, american lapdog government who will be gone soon (Parliament was shut down last month to prevent the opposition from removing them from power, something Bush would be proud of).

Canadians are unanimously condemning Israeli action. However, considering America's "war on terror", it's simply foolish and naive to expect Canada to make an official response that even shows the slightest bit of support for Hamas, a terrorist organization. It's not worth the diplomatic headache, since this issue doesn't effect Canadians enough. Countries in Europe can do it, but they arent nearly as interconnected.
    Well, Canada can not be taken seriously in anything related to anything except in ice hockey, maybe.

You defined Hamas as a terrorist organization although I'm sure you know nothing about the whole Middle East issue. Did Hamas attack Canada?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 42)