Israeli-Palestinian conflict (22 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
well that's what happens when you fire over 160 missiles into a country over a few day period.....luckily, the Israelis used pinpoint target attacks, and got one of the leaders of Hamas that they wanted, unlike your people who fire rockets indiscriminately into Israel, and don't give a flying fvck if they hit women or children

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
well that's what happens when you fire over 160 missiles into a country over a few day period.....luckily, the Israelis used pinpoint target attacks, and got one of the leaders of Hamas that they wanted, unlike your people who fire rockets indiscriminately into Israel, and don't give a flying fvck if they hit women or children
Yeah because the Israeli's have never ever killed innocent women or children. They're just defending themselves against these Barbaric Palestinians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_al-Durrah_incident

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah, atleast the Israeli's use pinpoint target attacks to kill democratically elected leaders.

My sympathies to the Palestinian people, another civilian onslaught is coming :sad:

Nov 15, 2012
Over 200 rockets fired from Gaza against civilian targets in Southern Israel over the past 36 hours. Before you call this 'murder', try to imagine what it would be like for your schoolchildren to be forced to stay no more than 15 seconds from a bomb shelter their entire life. No country on earth would tolerate such murderous attacks on its civilians.

Damn, change Israel with Russia and you'll see what will happen to those limp-dicks if they missile even one rocket...

But hey, Israel is a Nazi/Apartheid/Terrorist/any other bullshit state...

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Over 200 rockets fired from Gaza against civilian targets in Southern Israel over the past 36 hours. Before you call this 'murder', try to imagine what it would be like for your schoolchildren to be forced to stay no more than 15 seconds from a bomb shelter their entire life. No country on earth would tolerate such murderous attacks on its civilians.

Damn, change Israel with Russia and you'll see what will happen to those limp-dicks if they missile even one rocket...

But hey, Israel is a Nazi/Apartheid/Terrorist/any other bullshit state...
How about Israel stop their settlements and vacate the ones they have. That way there are no school children to be hit by home made rockets. I love how some people are still trying to portray the Palestinians as foes. If I lived in Gaza I would've strapped explosives around my chest years ago.*

*Hyperbolic

- - - Updated - - -

I might be a satirical drawing, but I feel that it expresses the nature of the situation pretty well.

Nov 15, 2012
The settlements is a very complex issue. Believe me, it'll take us weeks to discuss about it from all the angles. Let's just say that I agree with you (in about 85%). I know that the people on the both sides want the same - peace. Until the biggest problem (Hamas and the other organizations) won't be terminated there will never be a chance for real peace. The both sides are wrong and right at the same time. I'm sure that Muhammad from Gaza and Yossi from Tel-Aviv want the same thing - a better life for themselves and their children's.

B.T.W: It's so funny to see when Turkey attacks and slaughters Kurds and Russia slaughters Chechens everybody's sitting quite like nothing is happening but when Israel defending itself after weeks of been under rockets threat everybody immediately start to attacking her.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The settlements is a very complex issue. Believe me, it'll take us weeks to discuss about it from all the angles. Let's just say that I agree with you (in about 85%). I know that the people on the both sides want the same - peace. Until the biggest problem (Hamas and the other organizations) won't be terminated there will never be a chance for real peace. The both sides are wrong and right at the same time. I'm sure that Muhammad from Gaza and Yossi from Tel-Aviv want the same thing - a better life for themselves and their children's.

B.T.W: It's so funny to see when Turkey attacks and slaughters Kurds and Russia slaughters Chechens everybody's sitting quite like nothing is happening but when Israel defending itself after weeks of been under rockets threat everybody immediately start to attacking her.
Who is quiet? And more importantly, Russia got international condemnation for their actions in Chechnya, and Turkey receive their fair share of pressure to seize attacks - otherwise they would be exterminated by now. Israel just get away with anything they feel like, the UN can't even pass a resolution to condemn settlements, let alone do something about it.

And no, the settlements aren't a very complex issue, not the impression I got from studying this subject for a year. The settlements are an expression for the Israeli administration and their blatant disregard for any value a Palestinian life might hold. The land is not theirs to take, Palestinian families are being forcibly removed, their homes torn down and Israeli families moved in. It's planned ethnical cleansing and I can't see any argument sticking in favor of the settlements.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
What's your point here?

Nov 15, 2012
The Israeli government, let's just say, isn't the smartest. I said that the settlements is a complex issue because of all the religious aspects. Most of the settlers are Ultra Orthodox crazy ass fanatics (as all the Religious terrorist groups on the other side that beside yelling like morons Allah Akbar can't say anything) that think that's their land because it's written the Torah. Like I said, it's a complex issue from that point of view and they won't back down, but as I said, I'm basically agree with you. Both Israeli government and Mahmoud Abbas are stupid. Until organizations like Hamas and etc operates in Gaza there will never be even a slight chance of hope for peace. Anything can be reached, it may take some time, but as I said, as long as the terrorist groups will lead the Palestinian people, there will never be a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

B.T.W: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gush_Katif

What's good came from this? two weeks after that they started to shoot rockets again. Great gesture.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
The Israeli government, let's just say, isn't the smartest. I said that the settlements is a complex issue because of all the religious aspects. Most of the settlers are Ultra Orthodox crazy ass fanatics (as all the Religious terrorist groups on the other side that beside yelling like morons Allah Akbar can't say anything) that think that's their land because it's written the Torah. Like I said, it's a complex issue from that point of view and they won't back down, but as I said, I'm basically agree with you. Both Israeli government and Mahmoud Abbas are stupid. Until organizations like Hamas and etc operates in Gaza there will never be even a slight chance of hope for peace. Anything can be reached, it may take some time, but as I said, as long as the terrorist groups will lead the Palestinian people, there will never be a chance.
Add to that as long as the israeli government consist of likud and yisrael Beiteinu then there wont be a single chance of peace.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

B.T.W: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gush_Katif

What's good came from this? two weeks after that they started to shoot rockets again. Great gesture.
Could it be argued that the Hamas is nothing but an expression of absolute misery and lack of options for the people in the Gaza strip? Could it be argued that without the misery induced upon them, perhaps they wouldn't have chosen a militant and radical set of leaders? Short of abandoning their right to elect leaders, there's nothing more the Palestinians can give up. Israel keep saying that the Palestinians should take the first step, while they continue settlements and the strip becomes more and more radical. You know why nothing will change? Because Israel do not need peace with Palestine. It's a fantastic tool to keep the population fearfull and keep backing the ridiculous government they have right now. Continue settlements and systematical opression of Palestinians, Hamas will keep shooting rockets, Beiteinu can convince his people that the Israeli people are still being pushed into the sea. The current state of affairs is perfect for Israel, because they're unfuckable with when it comes to armed conflict.

Edit: Oh and, regarding that wikipedia article. I'm positively sure Hamas didn't shoot rockets for the fun of it.

Nov 15, 2012
Maddy, You're absolutely right. Lets just say that Netanyahu's chances to win the elections in January... Well, I bet you can understand. He's an awful PM from all the aspects. He and his party that destroys Israel. Israel Beiteinu's Lieberman is like a dog that can only bark and nothing more, believe me.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Could it be argued that the Hamas is nothing but an expression of absolute misery and lack of options for the people in the Gaza strip? Could it be argued that without the misery induced upon them, perhaps they wouldn't have chosen a militant and radical set of leaders? Short of abandoning their right to elect leaders, there's nothing more the Palestinians can give up. Israel keep saying that the Palestinians should take the first step, while they continue settlements and the strip becomes more and more radical. You know why nothing will change? Because Israel do not need peace with Palestine. It's a fantastic tool to keep the population fearfull and keep backing the ridiculous government they have right now. Continue settlements and systematical opression of Palestinians, Hamas will keep shooting rockets, Beiteinu can convince his people that the Israeli people are still being pushed into the sea. The current state of affairs is perfect for Israel, because they're unfuckable with when it comes to armed conflict.
:tup:

despite the complexity of foreign and domestic politics in the region, this analysis is very spot on when it comes to the political situation in israel which is key to peace.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
:tup:

despite the complexity of foreign and domestic politics in the region, this analysis is very spot on when it comes to the political situation in israel which is key to peace.
The other day in the Watcha doing thread you said you were jewish, was this part of a joke or was it true? Not that it matters much since we seem to agree, but humor me :)

Nov 15, 2012
Nzoric, I'm not going the argue with you because you're right about the Israeli "leadership", and as I said before - I thing that's the worst one in Israel's history. I'm afraid there won't be a men like Yitzhak Rabin in the near future, even tough most of the local runners for the PM role is much better then the joke named Bibi.

btw: I'm not Jewish nor Israeli, but if you have problems with the Jewish people itself, I'm afraid we have a bigger problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)