Isn't Lippi Italy's greatest coach ever?? (1 Viewer)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #22
    Morra10 said:
    i heard that lippi is now linked with man u. but i cant understand why lippi would talk to man u in the middle of the world cup........it cant be true.
    Lippi rejects rumours of Man United switch

DUISBURG, Germany, July 8 (Reuters) - Italy coach Marcello Lippi said on Saturday that reports linking him with a move to Manchester United after Sunday's World Cup final against France were untrue.

'There is no truth in these reports at all,' Lippi told a news conference ahead of the final in Berlin.

Asked by an English journalist if he would be interested in joining Premier League United, Lippi said through a translator: 'The fact that I haven't understand a single word of what you just asked me should give you an idea.

'You can't go and work somewhere if you don't speak a word of the language
    .'

Lippi's contract with the Italian Football Federation runs out after the World Cup and his future is uncertain. The former Juventus coach has refused to discuss whether he will be staying with the Azzurri or returning to club football.

'In 15-20 days you will see where I am,' said Lippi. 'It certainly won't be Manchester,' he added.

Manchester United have also denied the English newspaper reports which suggested Lippi could eventually take over from United manager Alex Ferguson.

Reuters

------------------------------------------------------------

That denies this rumour IMO:smoke:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    ReBeL said:
    Lippi rejects rumours of Man United switch

DUISBURG, Germany, July 8 (Reuters) - Italy coach Marcello Lippi said on Saturday that reports linking him with a move to Manchester United after Sunday's World Cup final against France were untrue.

'There is no truth in these reports at all,' Lippi told a news conference ahead of the final in Berlin.

Asked by an English journalist if he would be interested in joining Premier League United, Lippi said through a translator: 'The fact that I haven't understand a single word of what you just asked me should give you an idea.

'You can't go and work somewhere if you don't speak a word of the language
    .'

Lippi's contract with the Italian Football Federation runs out after the World Cup and his future is uncertain. The former Juventus coach has refused to discuss whether he will be staying with the Azzurri or returning to club football.

'In 15-20 days you will see where I am,' said Lippi. 'It certainly won't be Manchester,' he added.

Manchester United have also denied the English newspaper reports which suggested Lippi could eventually take over from United manager Alex Ferguson.

Reuters

------------------------------------------------------------

That denies this rumour IMO:smoke:
    you are always ready to hit back with your articles :D

adelove

The Very Special One
    Sep 29, 2003
    LIPPI WON IT ALL AT JUVE,HE'S ABOUT TO DO IT WITH THE AZZURI,BUT AT INTER,HE DID NOT MAKE D GRADE.I WONDA WHAT THAT SAYS ABOUT INTER???.............

Dec 26, 2004
    adelove said:
    LIPPI WON IT ALL AT JUVE,HE'S ABOUT TO DO IT WITH THE AZZURI,BUT AT INTER,HE DID NOT MAKE D GRADE.I WONDA WHAT THAT SAYS ABOUT INTER???.............

Are we watching now the same Cannavaro comparing to his Inter days?
    Inter manages to make ppl like Lippi and Cannavaro sounds useless :shifty:

adelove

The Very Special One
    Sep 29, 2003
    DelpieroForLife said:
    Are we watching now the same Cannavaro comparing to his Inter days?
    Inter manages to make ppl like Lippi and Cannavaro sounds useless :shifty:

Pirlo,Seedorf,Materazzi,Peruzzi,Robbie Keane,Mancini..................... what is it about Inter that makes them turn class into crap so effortlessly:faq1:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #30
    World Cup winner Lippi wants to keep Italy job

DUISBURG (AFP) - Italy coach Marcello Lippi has said that he wants to remain in his job after his team won the World Cup in a dramatic penalty shootout over France.

"I have never said I will stop. But I have a meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) with the Italian Football Federation so we will see," Lippi said at the final Italy press conference before the team leaves Germany to return to a rapturous welcome in Rome.

Lippi said his players had realised they could win the World Cup once they topped their first-round group.

"We said 'We are not going to let this opportunity pass us by'. And once we got into the semi-final we knew everything was possible," Lippi said.

AFP

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Lippi is numero uno!
    He has everything that great coach needs to have:

1-He is fantastic tactician with a lot of courage
    2-He motivates the players really well
    3-He is a good "psychologist".
    4-Great media handling
    5-Cool character

I always liked him and he is my fav coach,not because of Italy's triumph,I said that many times before I have full faith in him and a great respect for him!

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Azzurri7 said:
    I saw few days ago on Real Madrid channel some stuff about Capello as a player, god, he really runs like a retard, I've never saw footballer that runs the way that Crapello does.
    Ohhhh I wish I could see that!:disagree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)