Is Tacchinardi under threat? (1 Viewer)

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
I think much depends on the formation Lippi decides to use. If he sticks to the 4-3-1-2 then there will be need for a solid defencive midfielder like Tacchi. A player that is good defencively, controls the midfield and doesn't go too far with the ball like Davids and Maresca. He will need some experience and much will depend on him how the whole team works. Since Davids isn't the type of a "ball-holder" I can't see any better choice than Tacchi.

But, if Lippi changes the formation to say 4-2-3-1, the needs will be different and who knows, Maresca could take Tacchi's place. Personally I don't think Lippi thinks of changing formation, at least not yet, and therefore Tacchi should have his place. If anyone is to lose his place it's sooner Davids(for Appiah) than Alessio.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
i agree with paulo that it depends on formation lippi dicedes to use. however if tacchi will continue to play as he did last season, no one gonna push him out of the field. maresca and appiah still need to prove their effectiveness while tacchi has already proven eveything.
alessio i wish u good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)