Is Tacchinardi under threat? (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I'm a fan of Tacchinardi, especially since he has grown as a player over the past few seasons.

But, currently, he has a player at the club who if he keeps his form up from last season, could give him stiff competition. Of course i'm talking about Maresca.

In terms of skill and his offensive part of his game, Maresca is better than Tacchinardi. Obviously Tacchinardi's experience gives him the edge over Maresca to start alongside Davids, but if Maresca keeps up his form from last season and brings that into the CL, then i see Tacchinardi losing his spot.

Maresca just has more to his game for a player who can take the anchor role.

What are your thoughts? I'm not suggesting that we play Maresca ahead of him, but if Maresca plays to his full potential, he is simply brilliant, not only for juve, but for italy as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
i dont see any threat really. i just think that it would be better to sell davids. in all aspects. financial, tacchinardiancial :D

tacchi and maresca :star:
but considering that davids was our best player i don't want to sell him. aaaaah, i don;t know. i love all of them. want them all to play.
3man defence, davids, tacchi, maresca, camoranesi, nedved, dp, di vaio ?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah...i think that davids deserve a spot, but we have now many players to test, and he will not get better.

but i dont want to sell him, well maybe it will be good for juve who knows.

But look a todays game, milan created a lot of trouble in the mid.

Do you think that davids could be the dirrerence there?

talking about that, why he did not play?

OP

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    i never meant to say sell him. i wouldnt sell tacchinardi unless i knew a player like Vieira would replace him.

I suppose when davids leaves next season, which i believe he will, Maresca or Appiah will take his spot.

But i seriously wouldnt be surprised if Maresca got in the starting line up during this season. this guy is amazing!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I'm not sure Tacchi's place is under threat .. but it's always good to have competition for places .. In a recent interview, Lippi said that he would rotate his '25 champions' more often than last season, that's why he chose to give away Baioco, Moretti, and Blasi to leave those 25 core players share duties together .. this luxury might not be avaliable to other coaches ..

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    If Tacchi keeps last seasons Form, then there is nothin' to threat him.

having maresca as a good Back up for Tacchi will prove helpful through out the season.as in the last season when we lost tacchi for whatever reason. we suffered but not anymore after the arrival of maresca.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i don't think tacch's place is under threat.

davids' style needs someone back in front of the back four because he is extremely aggressive and specializes on the left flank,so someone has to stay back on defensive duty.

maresca cannot do this job due to his attacking nature and tendency to play the ball too much for a DM(not that he's bad at it or anything).

essentially,we need someone who will win and distribute the ball without straying up too much.and as far as i'm concerned,tacch is our man for the job.

that said, maresca is capable enough to be our best option off the bench,and even for a couple of first team starts.

OP

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    Maresca has what tacchinardi has and more in terms of abilities. His game shows more offensiveness than tacchinardi only because he was given that freedom at Piacenza, hence, its developed as an extra in his game.

But if Lippi played hiim and gave him orders not to attack as much, i'm sure he wouldnt. but if on an occasion, he is able to attack, well, he is twice the player tacchinardi is at that moment and we'll obviously benefit from it.

who knows, it could very well be Tacchinardi and Maresca in midfield as Davids could be leaving anyway.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    Maresca has what tacchinardi has and more in terms of abilities. His game shows more offensiveness than tacchinardi only because he was given that freedom at Piacenza, hence, its developed as an extra in his game.

But if Lippi played hiim and gave him orders not to attack as much, i'm sure he wouldnt. but if on an occasion, he is able to attack, well, he is twice the player tacchinardi is at that moment and we'll obviously benefit from it.
    but in terms of abilities,is he as good defensively?if his niche is on offence caging him up at the back to defend wouldn't help much if he didn't know how to.his tackling is okay but look at tacch's games last year.he was superb,simply fantastic.
    who knows, it could very well be Tacchinardi and Maresca in midfield as Davids could be leaving anyway.
    that would be a great combination if davids does leave,in fact i would go so far as to say i wouldn't mind if moggi doesn't buy to replace him as long as maresca and tacch are played together.

there is one potential (small) problem though:
    they would only be able to play together if we use a 4-2-3-1 as two DMs.in the 4-3-1-2 davids played on the left ,so maresca would have to take that place.however.,given his ability on the ball i doubt it'd prove to be much of a hindrance,no?:)

OP

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    Paranoia, Maresca is very good defensively as well. thats what makes him so good. his ability to do both. Whether he is as good tacchinardi in tackling etc..is something that can only be indicated by him playing more games for juve in the near future.

in the end, whether lippi opts for the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 formations, davids always ends up playing off tacchinardi in the middle. although it might differ on paper, but when they line up in those two formations, the players themselves make it all the same.

if davids were to leave, i'd rather we start maresca before appiah. just a personal preference.

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
    I think there won't be any problem for Tacchi! He will do a great job in the midfield again as in last season! I'm sure, that he won't loose his place!:strong:

Jul 7, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gigi's twin ] ++
    I think there won't be any problem for Tacchi! He will do a great job in the midfield again as in last season! I'm sure, that he won't loose his place!:strong:
    Me too!

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    tacchi is under big threat. with davids probably leaving, appiah will pair up with tachi, but maresca then will have a high tendency to take over tachis postion.

Not yet this season, but next season onwards.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    There's no way Tacchinardi will be replaced this year, I just can't see it, especially given the lack of trust shown in MAresca in the past.

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
    You are right Tom! Tacchi showed us excellent play in the last season! I'm sure he will play an active role in the new season as well! But I'm sure, that Maresca will get some chances as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)