is it time for rotation or not ? (2 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
now that we beat bayern, and we already set our feet in the 2nd round firmly, and in seria A, we stand on top of the pile 5 points clear.I think thats a fantastic start for the season, it can't get better than that.

People say that , why rotate if there isnt any injuries?why make a change that could have consequences that nobody knows? others even say that our subs aren't of the same quality as the starting eleven.:confused:, ppl say that starting eleven could lose their match fittness.

Now here is what i think,rotating a squad can have many postives. First and most important, it gives the starting 11 a much needed breathing space. this would almost prevent long term injury, which is essential to any team.It would also help the coach see what can the subs do in real matches(unlike training). He could know exactly if they are useful and not and where they could be played.rotation also could give a big boost of confidence to the subs as they , know they could be relyed on at anytime, also they could be in the plans of the club in the future.

Now am not saying change the whole team, everything should be taken step by step.and then every sub will get his chance to shine(i know that capello wont change the whole squad).

in the first few matches we will see that there will be little difference in the style, the team may even struggle, but we should always have faith that every single player will produce what is needed to win.Our subs showed they have the quality.

tell me what do u think ?is it time or not yet ?i think its the perfect timing cuz many players are showing that they are a little tired, so mybe the subs can take their chance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
The only matches that I'd be willing to make major changes to our winning formula are in the remaining CL matches that don't really count for anything.

In our Serie A matches, I think we should pretty much leave things as they are, because every match is worth the same number of points, whether we're playing Roma or Reggina. Maybe we can afford to make some minor changes against weaker teams like Atalanta or Reggina, but it would be foolish to become complacent and throw on Bonnefoi, Legrottaglie, Iuliano, Kapo and Ferrara into the same lineup just for the sake of giving our fringe players a run.

It'd be a horrible waste to drop points unnecessarily, and I'm sure the first team players would rather play 3 matches a week than drop precious points.

In such a long season where we're trying to challenge on all fronts, rotation of the squad is necessary, but should be practised in a calculated and wise fashion, without a trace of arrogance or carelessness.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Capello was just waiting to qualify for the CL next stage...But in Serie A, the turnover need to be done carefully, without affecting the overall performance...sooner or later, we will need to rest thuram and Canna and i suppose Capello will pick Montero and Ferrara for the rotation...in the low middfield the rotation is working allready, as Tachi, Appiah, Blasi and Emo has play their share. Camo and Nedved will rotate with Kapo and Olivera and upfront the rotation is also working already....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
sooner or later, we will need to rest thuram and Canna and i suppose Capello will pick Montero and Ferrara for the rotation...in the low middfield the rotation is working allready, as Tachi, Appiah, Blasi and Emo has play their share. Camo and Nedved will rotate with Kapo and Olivera and upfront the rotation is also working already....
See that's the thing; we have players on a fairly similar level in the midfield and attacking departments, and things are working out to satisfaction. Making a change or two in the midfield or attacking positions would probably work out without too many major glitches, because we have adequate replacements for players like Emerson, Blasi, Camoranesi and Trezeguet.

On the other hand, we have a rock solid starting defence, but the backup for that defensive lineup is mediocre at best. We all saw what happened against Chievo when we had Tudor and Ferrara on instead of Thuram and Cannavaro, and to be honest what I saw wasn't far from shite, with Chievo's forwards penetrating for a 1-1 situation with Buffon.

I'd be very wary of rotating our defenders, especially the fortress that is our central defensive pairing. To be honest I'm quite worried about what would happen if Thuram or Cannavaro were to get injured or too tired to play every match.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

See that's the thing; we have players on a fairly similar level in the midfield and attacking departments, and things are working out to satisfaction. Making a change or two in the midfield or attacking positions would probably work out without too many major glitches, because we have adequate replacements for players like Emerson, Blasi, Camoranesi and Trezeguet.

On the other hand, we have a rock solid starting defence, but the backup for that defensive lineup is mediocre at best . We all saw what happened against Chievo when we had Tudor and Ferrara on instead of Thuram and Cannavaro, and to be honest what I saw wasn't far from shite, with Chievo's forwards penetrating for a 1-1 situation with Buffon.

I'd be very wary of rotating our defenders, especially the fortress that is our central defensive pairing. To be honest I'm quite worried about what would happen if Thuram or Cannavaro were to get injured or too tired to play every match.
Gray, im shure you has been a Juve follower for some years now. I dont understand why you call a group of players like Montero, Ferrara, Iuliano and Tudor "mediocre at best" ;all of them are at juve before Thuram and Canna came and gave us scudetto (the quality of Montero and Ferrara as central back are beyond disscusion...and dont tell me that they are old, because Thuram and canna are also old....Sooner or later, we will have to play them or we will burn out the parma duo...BTW, last matches Thuram has look a bit tired, its time for Montero or Ferrara to get in.....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Gray, im shure you has been a Juve follower for some years now. I dont understand why you call a group of players like Montero, Ferrara, Iuliano and Tudor "mediocre at best";all of them are at juve before Thuram and Canna came and gave us scudetto (the quality of Montero and Ferrara as central back are beyond disscusion...and dont tell me that they are old, because Thuram and canna are also old....Sooner or later, we will have to play them or we will burn out the parma duo...BTW, last matches Thuram has look a bit tired, its time for Montero or Ferrara to get in.....
dude, don't try to tell me that a central defensive pairing of Montero and Iuliano would be as solid and give away less penalties and earn less red cards than Thuram and Cannavaro.

I'm eternally grateful to the old firm for holding our fort for the past decade and beyond, but it's clear that age has caught up with them moreso than with our current fortress. Of course Thuram and Canna are ageing and have at best 3 seasons of top football left in them, but to be honest I think time has passed on the other defenders :down:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'm not a fan of constant rotation,personally.

i do want to see some players rested once in a while though,both for them to get some R and R and to givem our young starlets a chance.

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
I think that the result against Bayern was fundamental on what's concerned the rotation-thing. Now Capello doesn't have to rest the key players in league-matches at the moment as they can easily take a seat on the bench in the two upcoming CL-matches.
That's good news and I think that Capello was very relieved yesterday :)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

dude, don't try to tell me that a central defensive pairing of Montero and Iuliano would be as solid and give away less penalties and earn less red cards than Thuram and Cannavaro.

I'm eternally grateful to the old firm for holding our fort for the past decade and beyond, but it's clear that age has caught up with them moreso than with our current fortress. Of course Thuram and Canna are ageing and have at best 3 seasons of top football left in them, but to be honest I think time has passed on the other defenders :down:
Montero and Iuliano would be great for Coppa as we need another star:cheesy:

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juvefreak ] ++
We should definitely rotate in the Coppa and in the rest of the CL-qualification...
yes, we can concentrate on the league matches in the next 3 months. if we can keep winning til February, i am pretty sure the league is ours. then we can go back to concentrate the CL again, and the CL is ours as well.

wow...what a dream:cool:

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
we can rest the tired keyplayers in the remaining CL matches in the first stage. But in the league we need to get 3p no matter what!

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
I am for rotation.

Play a "B" team during our next 2 CL matches. Play a "B" team in Coppa Italia. Play the strongest possible unit for Serie A.

The only problem with this is that it may be difficult for some players to get into a rhythm.

I am not ready to rest guys in Serie A just yet. AC Milan will make a charge before the season is done.

OP
sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    yeah buffonisgod , i think that is the best plan for the time being.

And i think capello should bring in more subs during the games.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    We definitely need a rotation. Our players seemed very tired in the last night's loss against Reggina. Maybe we should put Olivera or Kapo instead of Camo. It's too risky to rest a lot of players in one game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)