Is he lying again? (Moggi:No More Purchases) (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2005
Can't help my self to start this thread.. :D

from www.goal.com

Is He Lying Again?
7/11/2005 8:03:00 PM
Luciano Moggi spoke during Juventus' first training day of the season, declaring that the Bianconeri will not be buying any players during this summer transfer market...

(Yeah right :D.. ) hope this is a smokescreen for an important transfer. Are we strong enough without one or two more new signings?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've wondered about the "strong enough" mentality. Milan certainly had it last transfer window after their Scudetto. They thought they rightfully had a solid formula and only needed to upgrade a few players... not realizing they would ultimately rely so heavily on Sheva to score for most of the season (overall, Crespo wasn't delivering for the first half of the season), Stam would be out for so much of the season, etc.

I don't want to see mass changes at all... that is very bad. But I don't want to see complacency either. Milan is going to be hungry next season with an axe to grind for both the Scudetto and the CL, whereas we're going to be feeling a little self-satisfied after the silverware this year.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He actually "said" that
and the fact that Zala+Tudor will find teams to play as starters,
he probably means no other transfer in
and it could happen:devil: since we agreed already with Mozart,
we are "strong enough",:down:

if we wont sell Treze,dont buy Vieira
and Romas ban wont be lifted....

OP
Jun 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    That all Moggi does is lie, would you trust this man with your life?
    I won't trust him with my life, but i do trust him to get some new player for us :D
    Go Moggi Go.. :D

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    of course he is a liar... but in this case... That isnt what he said...

Moggi said:

"Everyone keeps talking about the players Juventus will sign, but you are all forgetting that last season we won the League by seven clear points," said Moggi.

"We also had the best defensive and attacking records in Serie A. Why would we want new players?"

Moggi went on: "The Juventus transfer rumours have been blown out of all proportion. We have already signed important players and we don’t need any more.

"The side as it is today is more than OK. But we are still on the look out for some transfer bargains.

"The only deals we are interested in are swap deals. But, whatever happens, we will continue to be a thorn in the side of our rivals next season too."

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Hmm, I wonder now that he cant do a swap deal I wonder what will happen with Cassano...

Moggi has to worry what will happen if Milan get Gila, he can be the difference for them. However its Inter everyone have to watch for if Mancini doesnt **** it up, they can more then challenge Milan and Juve

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    That all Moggi does is lie, would you trust this man with your life?
    There are very, very few men with whom I would trust my life, certainly not one I've never met in person :)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Hmm, I wonder now that he cant do a swap deal I wonder what will happen with Cassano...

Moggi has to worry what will happen if Milan get Gila, he can be the difference for them. However its Inter everyone have to watch for if Mancini doesnt **** it up, they can more then challenge Milan and Juve
    Inter always does well in the pre-season predictions, but they always **** up at the start of the season. If they don't buy a new defender they will win nothing this year.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I no longer pay any attention to what Moggi says and I'm not sure why some of you guys do either. Moggi denies that Juve are interested in Vieira and some people get frustrated and wonder wth he's thinking, but what do we hear two days later? Juve have made an official approach for the player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)