is anybody here from venice or florence?? (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I've never been to Venice but I went to Florence (Firenze) last summer. The best way to see Florence is to just stay there for a week and walk around the city.

Check out the skyline:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by cutemarmar ] ++
hey everyone!! umm i might be going to venice and florence in the summer so could anyone plz tell the must-see places and things we can do there?? any tips will be helpful!! thnx!
I was in Venice a couple of years ago...
The must-see places there are... hmmm... the whole damn city! It's beautiful!

Things to do?... ermm.. there's not much to do, than to walk around and look at stuff... sounds pretty boring... but trust me, just being there is fantastic!

majj

Jun 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by cutemarmar ] ++
hey everyone!! umm i might be going to venice and florence in the summer so could anyone plz tell the must-see places and things we can do there?? any tips will be helpful!! thnx!
From what i know of venice it is supposed to be really nice! The closeset i ll ever get to exotic places is the flippin travel agents!!!!!:cheesy:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
venice: san marcos! well duh but stay there at night its so pretty and obviously do a gondola-trip on the channels. also if you go to piazza san marcos stay there at night so you can buy designers cheap imitation stuff LOL and look for stores with carnival masks since those are venices most famous souvenirs! also in one of the streets that ends on the left of the church (san marcos) if i remember right, go all the way through it and there is a sports store in case you want juve (or any other teams) stuff. there is also a furla store that has off-season stuff really cheap! and benetton too. also near p. san marcos there is a murrino museum (murrino is that thing they do with glass it looks really pretty) and there they show you how they do it and you can buy stuff there thats cheaper than in the rest of the world and i can guarantee you that. --ohh and venice is really HOT

florence: god, i ate the best pizza in my whole life there i just cant remember the name of the restaurant. well a huge gucci is in that city in case you want to buy gucci stuff (remember that all those brands in italy are cheaper) well you should obviously go to the cathedral and all those stuff that its worth seeing. also in florence there are lots of places that sell leather stuff like belts bags etc in the streets and theyre really cheap. when youre buying stuff to people in the streets remember to NEVER EVER pay the price theyre telling you, pay a lower price!

haha hope that worked!

OP
Whisper

Whisper

May 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    thanx a lot everyone... but keep postin...the more info the better...
    the truth is i've been to venice b4, but that was soooo long ago i cant remember a thing!! actually i kinda remember that the gondola trip was nice..... other than that...nothin!! so this time i wanna make some memories... nice ones!!..thnx again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)