iPhone (4 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Samsung is hurting as a company. Just because they put out one "decent" phone (finally) doesn't mean they are turning a profit. Check the whole company's financials. They should stick to making TVs and leave the phones to the big boys.
According to reports, Samsung sold almost as many phones as Apple in the past trimester and is estimated to overtake Apple in the next quarter. They are the world's second largest smart phone maker. Why would they want to not make phones when they sell so much and exceed expectation?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
According to reports, Samsung sold almost as many phones as Apple in the past trimester and is estimated to overtake Apple in the next quarter. They are the world's second largest smart phone maker. Why would they want to not make phones when they sell so much and exceed expectation?
When you manufacture a shitty cheap product you obviously move more units because its cheaper to make. Are you saying that Samsung's quality rivals Apple's?

I would say back then Nokia were iPhone's now. Nokia were dominating.
Yea Nokia was a juggernaut leading the industry/market in innovation and sales

I got my hands on the Nokia N9 and I have to say it is amazing.
Look out world, Finland's finest are back :rolleyes:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
This update is killing me! Why does it need to delete my apps from the phone to install the new software?

Sometime Apple, you make me soooo angry :(

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I think there are a number of apps that may not be compatible with 5 ATM. In due time my friend, in due time.

Did you back everything up?

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I think there are a number of apps that may not be compatible with 5 ATM. In due time my friend, in due time.

Did you back everything up?
Yep, which took the best part of half an hour, so many crappy apps on it that I'd forgotten about.

Just started the update now, hopefully no further issues. My friend spent 5 hours trying to download it yesterday :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This update is killing me! Why does it need to delete my apps from the phone to install the new software?

Sometime Apple, you make me soooo angry :(
You fell for it. I learned never ever EVER install an even-numbered iOS release from Apple. And that's for minor releases (e.g., don't install 3.1, wait for 3.1.1). But as a major-numbered release, 5.0, that has Appocalypse written all over it. I ain't touching that until it at least goes 5.0.1.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
You fell for it. I learned never ever EVER install an even-numbered iOS release from Apple. And that's for minor releases (e.g., don't install 3.1, wait for 3.1.1). But as a major-numbered release, 5.0, that has Appocalypse written all over it. I ain't touching that until it at least goes 5.0.1.
Hook, line and sinker. :sergio:

I wouldn't have bothered, only that my friend (also an iphone owner) is an Apple whore and managed to peer pressure me into downloading it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm anxious that when I upgrade, nothing will work right. :frown:

I've momentarily bricked an iPhone before that had to go all the way down to a firmware reset. :(

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
That's the only thing worth the download apparently?
That's the only thing that's caught my attention on this new OS. I'm sure there are other things like the cloud service but I don't care about that stuff.

I'm anxious that when I upgrade, nothing will work right. :frown:

I've momentarily bricked an iPhone before that had to go all the way down to a firmware reset. :(
Losing all your data is the worst. But then again the most important things are contacts which are not a problem for me since I use Google sync and Exchange. Apps are restorable and then that leaves txt msgs that would most likely not be recoverable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)