'Intro' to sports betting (9 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

What's the point of that? I mean, the odds are always the same, no? It doesn't matter if three of you bet 60euro, 20 each, on a 2.0 odd, you will get 120euro, divided by 3, that leaves you with 40 euro. Same as you'd get if you played on your own.

Or is there a catch somewhere? Excuse my ignorance, we don't have those types of betting here.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'll explain to you the whole system, it is really good to play with friends as it adds to your options each time you bet.

We have a game called Stryktipset (I am trying to implement it on the forums as a addition to vBookie). Stryktipset is a set of 13 games chosen by a betting company and you have to guess as much as possible to win. The amount you win varies depending on the people who guessed as much as you. If you get 10 right games you win a decent amount but if 200 others have guess 10 games right your share gets less. If you get 13 right you win a cool T-Shirt in addition to a big prize money.

Ok, as you know, each game has 3 options but you can choose two out of the three options if you want only to make your odds better. But of course you have to pay for each additional cross you make.

Our system is as follows:

We take 6 extra crosses which means we can have 2 options on 6 of the 13 games. To play this it costs 80 SEK.

We also play normal multiple bets. We choose 4 games out of hundred available and play a triplet on them. A triplet means that you get money multiple if three games come out right. If you guess the four right then you get even more. This costs 40 SEK

So in total we pay 120 SEK per week each one of us paying 40 SEK.

If I am to play 40 SEK by myself I can play the Stryktipset with 3 extra crosses and no multiple. So do you think it is wise to make a shared account?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

You boys have a whole system going on for you, ey? :D

I think I get it, that Stryktipset thing is, if I got it right, similar to what we call Toto 13. Could even be the same thing, just a different name, but I get the gist of it.

I never got around to betting regulary, or making a system with someone, I play a ticket here and there for small money mainly for the kick of it. It feels great to win a 100 euro for 2 staked.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Stryktipset is available almost everywhere with different names. In Italy it is called Tutto Calcio.

Yes, it is really good with the system, it makes watching the games more fun. We gather and watch holding the paper and looking at results. Good company and a nice way to spend time with friends.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Check this out:

CSKA - Fenerbache X
Lyon - Rangers X2
Sttutgart - Barcelona 2
Steaua - Arsenal 2
ManU - Roma 1 :toast:

10HRK=400HRK :weee:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yesterday I played this

Moskva - Fenerbace 1
Lyon - Rangers 1
Sevilla - Prag 1
Steaua - Arsenal 2
Zlatan more than 0.5

The multiplier gave a x11,80 but damn Lyon decided to lose at home and Moskva draw against Fener

Today I made a super duper impossible coupon:

Celtic - Milan 2
Valencia - Chelasea 1
Werder - Olympiakos 1
Rosenborg - Schalke 2
Liverpool - Marseille 1
Lazio - Madrid 2
Besiktas - Porto X
Benfica - Shakhtar X

Multiplier 355.99 :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I still haven't cashed the ticket so I could take a pic. :D

But those are HRK, it's nothing worthwhile, just some weekedn money. Still it's a nice feeling to get so much for so little, whatever the currency is.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I still haven't cashed the ticket so I could take a pic. :D

But those are HRK, it's nothing worthwhile, just some weekedn money. Still it's a nice feeling to get so much for so little, whatever the currency is.
yeah I know, but who would predict Lyon to lose home to rangers?? :shocked:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

yeah I know, but who would predict Lyon to lose home to rangers?? :shocked:
Before I payed the ticket I was discussing with my mate about that game. I was seriously considering putting a Rangers win but I didn' have the guts in the end so I went for the dual outcome. My mate said no way, Lyon are gonna crush them, and so on. But when I watched Lyon against Barcelona in the first round, they were painfully weak, no ideas, no combining, Juninho hitting the wall with his free-kicks. :D And their performance in the Ligue is not as dominating this season, 1 draw and 2 losses already. Seems Lyon is finally going downhill.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Before I payed the ticket I was discussing with my mate about that game. I was seriously considering putting a Rangers win but I didn' have the guts in the end so I went for the dual outcome. My mate said no way, Lyon are gonna crush them, and so on. But when I watched Lyon against Barcelona in the first round, they were painfully weak, no ideas, no combining, Juninho hitting the wall with his free-kicks. :D And their performance in the Ligue is not as dominating this season, 1 draw and 2 losses already. Seems Lyon is finally going downhill.
Still! they lost to Rangers :D Damn if you have played for a rangers win and not dual, the price would have been much bigger.

0-3 was a shocking result, what is happening to them? :wth:

how much money is that btw?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Still! they lost to Rangers :D Damn if you have played for a rangers win and not dual, the price would have been much bigger.

0-3 was a shocking result, what is happening to them? :wth:

how much money is that btw?
It would have been 50% bigger had I played a Rangers win. I don't know but they're not themselves, seems there's some internal fighting going on between Juninho, Govou and some others, that could possibly be a reason.

Divide by 7.35 and you'll get the values in €.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)