Internationals LIVE (40 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:yuck: :inter: One of the worst world cups in living memory. That douche Klinsmann lifting the trophy, the great Dutch team being eliminated in the 2nd round, Italy losing on penalties in the semis (they were probably the best team in what was an otherwise poor tournament).

Cameroon were great, and Egypt kept backpassing the shit out of the football - I believe, to this day, that's why they instated the change to the backpass rule (goalkeepers could no longer handle the ball if passed back from their own player).

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
:yuck: :inter: One of the worst world cups in living memory. That douche Klinsmann lifting the trophy, the great Dutch team being eliminated in the 2nd round, Italy losing on penalties in the semis (they were probably the best team in what was an otherwise poor tournament).

Cameroon were great, and Egypt kept backpassing the shit out of the football - I believe, to this day, that's why they instated the change to the backpass rule (goalkeepers could no longer handle the ball if passed back from their own player).
how can you remember this ? i'm older than a year is all that i remember the tears of maradona after the finale and the lambada milla

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
how can you remember this ? i'm older than a year is all that i remember the tears of maradona after the finale and the lambada milla
I was 9 years old at the time. Also, Egypt were playing in that World Cup, so I had a vested interest in following the tournament. We were absolute dogshit against England and Ireland, but we actually played quite well against Zee Netherlands. Milla and Cameroon were amazing - such a shame they lost to Der Ingerland.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Doesn't it affect World Cup qualifying groups?
I'm not sure that comes into play yet but I know it counts towards Euros qualification. Thing is there are so many teams in tournaments now it would take a miracle for Italy not to qualify.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "no one cares", because some clearly will, but this is definitely no premier tournament.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)