Internationals LIVE (15 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Fred!!

Extratime.ie has exclusively learned that Sporting Fingal striker Eamon Zayed has been called up to the Libya national football side for this weekend's match in the country.

Zayed is currently travelling to Libya and is set to arrive in the country tomorrow. The striker will meet his new teammates at the team hotel and meet the new Libyan national team coach. The striker has been called up as new manager Marcos Paquetá sets about preparing his team for the African Cup of nations and has called up numerous new players in a search for new talent.

Zayed, 27, is half Tunisian but qualifies for Libya through his grandfather who is from Libya. The Libyan FA has been following Zayed for some time and have previously made enquiries about his availability to play for the national side.

Currently in Malta connecting to Libya, Zayed in expected to remain in Libya until early next week. On his return, interest in the striker is expected from Libya football teams who will be watching him play on Sunday against Zambia.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I hope he plays against Zambia, after we drew away to Mozambique, it would be great to beat the second competitor Zambia. I expect Zambia to be tougher than Mozambique. We don't have a good striker, so Zayed playing for us will be a welcome addition.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I hope he plays against Zambia, after we drew away to Mozambique, it would be great to beat the second competitor Zambia. I expect Zambia to be tougher than Mozambique. We don't have a good striker, so Zayed playing for us will be a welcome addition.
It's very hard to say how he'll compare to his teammates because I've no idea how good they are. I hope he does well though.

:shocked: I did not see this post before.

Don't talk to me again, Cur.
:cry:

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Ahhh, International break. I just hope we put Sweden in their place next Tuesday, as apparently they're constantly bitching about how dirty we play in interviews.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It's very hard to say how he'll compare to his teammates because I've no idea how good they are. I hope he does well though.

:cry:
I don't know how exactly he'd compare to other Libyan footballers because i haven't seen him play, but him playing in an actual professional league makes me assume that he will be better than most of our players, as most of our players aren't actually professionals and have ridiculously low levels of fitness :p

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Who the fuck cares about Italy - Serbia when Libya - Zambia is on.

Honestly, some of you people need to get your priorities sorted.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I don't know how exactly he'd compare to other Libyan footballers because i haven't seen him play, but him playing in an actual professional league makes me assume that he will be better than most of our players, as most of our players aren't actually professionals and have ridiculously low levels of fitness :p
I didn't realise that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)