Internationals LIVE (7 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So Greg....what happened to the formidable defense of Portugal from yesteryear? :shifty:
They didn't play tight enough. I have to hand it to Cyprus. They don't follow the boring tactics of most underestimated teams by going in, playing 10 men behind the ball, and trying to eek out a point on set pieces. Cyprus did as they did when they went 2-0 up against Italy: ballz out.

I don't think Portugal was even moderately prepared for that.

Made for an entertaining, open game though. I predicted it would end 5-4 around half-time, and I was pretty close. But your qualification chances are in serious trouble if you give up 4 goals at home to Cyprus. :sergio:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Exactly Alen, and Blanc relying on Ligue players is not good news, i hope this is not a permanent policy.

Also i don't understand how Tremoulinas does not start ahead of Clichy.

Rami, M'Vila, Diaby and Hoarau are mediocre players that should not be starting for a team like France

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
:tup:

Your win was of course expected, but those other two results in the group are indeed great for BiH.
I think you're better than Romania and if France keeps losing pts unexpectedly as they did tonight and in the previous qualifications, you can do what the Serbs did in that group when despite having worse h2h with France, they topped the group due to France losing pts to the minnows.
france and romania ain't what they used to be...bosnia to win the group..dzeko will kill us i'm sure
But we are also in delicate phase, we don't play like we used, actually we don't have any particular gameplan.

Against Luxemburg we scored three quick goals and than stopped playing, if we played against any half-decent opponent we would've conceded. Maybe it was a good thing, maybe it was part of our plan, to finish them off as soon as we can and than preserve energy for France.

Still I need to see couple more games to give my final judgment on Susic and his tactics.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But we are also in delicate phase, we don't play like we used, actually we don't have any particular gameplan.

Against Luxemburg we scored three quick goals and than stopped playing, if we played against any half-decent opponent we would've conceded. Maybe it was a good thing, maybe it was part of our plan, to finish them off as soon as we can and than preserve energy for France.

Still I need to see couple more games to give my final judgment on Susic and his tactics.
I'm terrified of the prospect of Mexes and Rami trying to contain Dzeko :scared:

I can't believe some people rate Mexes, he really isn't that much of a defender.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Yes, I fear that Pape is not up to this job. Ciro is an old wolf and he got more than 100% from the players. Susic is far from that level.

If he was only as good in coaching as he was in playing. You'd have won the euros :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@Yasor, do you know about the Moroccan player that plays for Caen. Youssef El-Araby? I've been extremely impressed by him this season, i didn't know him before, but seeing his opening two games against Marseille and Lyon i was very impressed by his talent and confidence. The first game against Marseille, he absolutely destroyed them in the Velodrome, great overall performance, capped by some showboating here and there, he made a mockery out of them in front of their own fans.

You guys produce a lot of talent, too bad he you under achieve most of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)