Interesting.. No italians in the near future..!!!! (1 Viewer)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
Scientists claim that by the year 2050 and according to a study, the Italian race or nation would disappear from earth due to high rates of death compared to rates of birth. The Italian Government is taking this study very seriously and it is giving now an incentive and money rewards for families that have more babies.

On the contrary, India suffers from pressure of high population due to the fact that every 2 seconds a baby is born in India !!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
um, what the ****?

is all of italy just going to die in the next 50 years? or is this a joke?:confused:

OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    it was published in a magazine that I read yesterday.. I'm not sure if it is correct.. I actually doubt it.. and yes it's crap... but, maybe someone have read or heard about it.. maybe it is true..

what if it is true..??? can you imagine..

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    it was published in a magazine that I read yesterday.. I'm not sure if it is correct.. I actually doubt it.. and yes it's crap... but, maybe someone have read or heard about it.. maybe it is true..

what if it is true..??? can you imagine..
    common Moh... what do you mean true?

to bring you closer to reality, think of it as this: these scientists are saying that De Rossi, Gilardino and the rest of the Italian population younger than 24 years of age now won't make it to 70!

2050 isn't too long from now.

I need sources, and reasoning/logic.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Sounds like the classic linear extrapolation mistake. "Assume that birthrates and emigration rates in Italy stay fixed as they are now, and in the year 2050..."

It's the same trap that's the foundation for my favorite physicist joke/non-sequitur, "Assume a spherical chicken..."

Here's a ludicrous example for you then... if you take Juve's decline in attendance over the years. As many of us know, Juve's average stadium attendance has dropped every year for the past six years... from an average of about 47,000 back in the 1997-98 season down to 35,000 in 2003-4. At this rate, Juve won't have any fans by the 2012-3 season. :howler:

OP
    Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    you missed my point.. I don't beleive in this crap... what I'm saying is "what if..??"

and majed.. it was from a local BS magazine.. I beleive it was "zahrat al khaleej" or "Kul al Osra"

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Sounds like the classic linear extrapolation mistake. "Assume that birthrates and emigration rates in Italy stay fixed as they are now, and in the year 2050..."

It's the same trap that's the foundation for my favorite physicist joke/non-sequitur, "Assume a spherical chicken..."

Here's a ludicrous example for you then... if you take Juve's decline in attendance over the years. As many of us know, Juve's average stadium attendance has dropped every year for the past six years... from an average of about 47,000 back in the 1997-98 season down to 35,000 in 2003-4. At this rate, Juve won't have any fans by the 2012-3 season. :howler:
    Yeah, I didn't imagine that it would be anything but that.

though I didn't know it had a name. Now I'm not disgusted with the thread anymore. I learned something :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    and majed.. it was from a local BS magazine.. I beleive it was "zahrat al khaleej" or "Kul al Osra"
    oh.. thanks. I haven't heard of those. I really hope it isn't from a major source as that would just be completely unprofessional.

I don't mean to be rude, but I would have done more research about it before posting it here. Or at least, post it in a form of a question. :)

OP
    Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    nah.. I just wanted to see the reactions of people who read it..

beside, it's been a long time since people last cursed and called me names.. :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Hey Al Harbi -- I caught your point that you didn't necessarily "believe that crap". So not to worry. :D

But someone must obviously took it seriously enough in the first place to have it cited somewhere for you to become aware of it.

Hey -- we have states in my country where schoolchildren's textbooks come with a label now that says, "Evolution is only one of many theories..." I'm sometimes half surprised that we don't have vocal people in this country who are still protesting the earth-is-round thing.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

On the contrary, India suffers from pressure of high population due to the fact that every 2 seconds a baby is born in India !!!
    Just when i was about to say. :D

Dec 27, 2003
    Together with Germany and Japan, Italy has the lowest birth rate in "the West". IF the trend stays the same, we will either have to accept more immigrants (which is in contradiction with our current immigration policy and that of the EU) or see our population shrink from the current 57 mil to 30-35 mil by 2050.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally from Josh's source ] ++
    according to the middle of three U.N. estimates, by the year 2050 there will be 28 percent fewer people, 16 million, living la dolce vita.
    Now that above makes more sense than:
    Scientists claim that by the year 2050 and according to a study, the Italian race or nation would disappear from earth [...]
    :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)