Inter to Sue Moggi..... (2 Viewers)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Inter to sue Moggi over match-fixing comments

ROME, July 17 (Reuters) - Inter Milan will sue former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi for comments he made about their president in a newspaper interview, Inter owner Massimo Moratti said on Monday.

Moggi, at the centre of a match-fixing scandal that has rocked Italian football, said in the interview with daily Repubblica that Inter were unfairly trying to take the moral high ground in the scandal which has engulfed Juve, AC Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina.

Moggi's intercepted phone conversations formed the basis of the initial match-fixing investigation. On Friday, he was banned from soccer for five years and handed a 50,000 euro fine.

Moggi, who denies any wrongdoing, said it was not fair that he should be singled out as the central player in the scandal and accused Inter president Giacinto Facchetti of a series of illicit dealings.

But Moratti said in comments published on Inter's official website: 'These are the words of desperate people. Facchetti above all, and we at Inter, will sue Moggi because we have nothing to do with this and these things should not even be thought of.'

Moratti also reiterated his call for last season's Serie A title to be awarded to Inter, who have not been involved in the biggest scandal in European soccer for decades.

The soccer tribunal investigating the match-fixing allegations relegated champions Juventus to second division Serie B on Friday and stripped them of their last two titles.

Ex-champions Fiorentina and Lazio were also demoted to Serie B. Milan stay in Serie A but are barred from European competition next season and start with a 15-point penalty.

The final verdicts will come after the appeals procedure.

i no moggi is a bad person for what he did but i get the feeling inter does like us? and i also get the feeling that their rubbing it in our faces for getting demoted. its one thing to talk big in our faces when where in serie A but i never hear any of it, now when we go to serie B inter is the big team now, talking down to other teams.

anyone else have a different opinion?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Moggi is probably not fully wrong. I think there might be some Inter involved in this. They are trying to win sympathy points in the football world right now.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Of course they are disrespectful,i mean we aren't "defintely" confirmed as demoted but yet they make statements like "We'll sign one of the big three"(Toni,Ibra or Tez).That for me is total disrespect for Juve & Fiorentina.

Karma has a way of dealing with ppl like that.

OP

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #4
    i can agree with that because they just wont shut up about us. i have a feeling that they got away with something and their just trying to get some attention off of what they did.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I think there's a lot of Inter involved in this. And not just the sentencing Inter board member either.

Inter seems to be playing the "we're squeaky clean" card, which is laughable.

OP

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #8
    swag said:
    I think there's a lot of Inter involved in this. And not just the sentencing Inter board member either.

Inter seems to be playing the "we're squeaky clean" card, which is laughable.

ya i no its strange. inter are protecting something and i think they just got away with whatever it was.

its funny how inter talks now that the 2 best teams in serie A are out of contention for this years scudetto. i wanna hear what they have to say next year when we are back?

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Inter are just attention whores. Now that they are the title favorites, they're frustrated because people speak more about Juve than Inter...

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    That whole idea to sue Moggi for some comments(which are probably true) is sooooooooo internazionale.

Every day I"m saying how I can't hate them more,but they are confuting me each day.

First they want our 2 scudetti,than they are saying how they will sign Trez for sure,and now this.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Morra10 said:
    ya i no its strange. inter are protecting something and i think they just got away with whatever it was.

its funny how inter talks now that the 2 best teams in serie A are out of contention for this years scudetto. i wanna hear what they have to say next year when we are back?
    Let's not forget the last time a club opened their big mouth, professing to be squeaky-clean, and demanding that they be awarded the last couple of Scudettos in place of Juve. :rolleyes2

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    swag said:
    Let's not forget the last time a club opened their big mouth, professing to be squeaky-clean, and demanding that they be awarded the last couple of Scudettos in place of Juve. :rolleyes2
    They have a complex called:"lack of scudetti".

OP

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #14
    swag said:

:smoke:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)