Inter: Stanković arrival likely (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Inter: Stan arrival likely
Friday 5 December, 2003

Inter President Massimo Moratti says he expects Dejan Stankovic to join his club in the January transfer window.

The Lazio midfielder has been linked with the Nerazzurri for some months now and the move is looking increasingly likely.

When asked whether Stankovic would be making a January switch, Moratti replied: "Yes, I think so."

The 25-year-old was expected to terminate his Lazio experience next summer after failing to agree terms over a contract extension.

But it now seems that he will leave in the New Year for a nominal fee as the capital side would lose him for nothing at the end of this term.

The capture of Stankovic would certainly delight new boss Alberto Zaccheroni who was impressed with the attacking midfielder in his brief Lazio Coaching spell.

"He is a player that unites quantity with quality," stated Zac. "I know him well after our time together at Lazio.

"His first really positive season came with me in charge, when I played him on the left hand side of midfield.

"I don’t like making the President spend money but if he has to buy someone then Stankovic is a player that can help us take a step up in quality."

Stankovic may now never play for Lazio again in Serie A after he was handed a four-match ban, for his dismissal at Siena, that won’t expire until the middle of January.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
:(:(:(:(:(:( uh-oh.....at least we've already played them once....although I guess it couldn't really turn out any worse if we hadn't :(

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yeah, well, he would cup-tied in the CL for starters. so inter might as well drop out of that comp as he would be a key figure in their midfield.

anyway, i was hoping to get stankovic, but i think moratti is sounding a little arrogant being so sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)