Inter stage clear-out sale (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
He was not as impressive as van der Vaart. The latter does not impress me that much when the "big matches" or "big tournaments" come about. That makes van der Meyde overrated IMO.
You're kidding, right? Van der Meyde is a winger, of course he's not going to be as integral as VDV, but he played extremely well for Ajax in the league and he was sensational in the Champion's League.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 14, 2004

He was not as impressive as van der Vaart. The latter does not impress me that much when the "big matches" or "big tournaments" come about. That makes van der Meyde overrated IMO.

Huh,well.....I think VDV is pure shit and most overrated youngster in the world today. VDM is solid and about "big matches"......I remembered that he played great against Arsenal in london.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

You're kidding, right? Van der Meyde is a winger, of course he's not going to be as integral as VDV, but he played extremely well for Ajax in the league and he was sensational in the Champion's League.
Well he did not impress me that much, sorry. With Ajax he was decent, had some classy games, but is not very consistent if you ask me. Maybe the reason I rate him so lowly is because everytime I watch him he does nothing except for in one CL match a couple years back, and then one Inter match this season. Maybe that's it..

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I have to agree with Andy here. Andy Van der Meyde isn't a good player. He was good against the defences in the Netherlands, but those are hardly world class defences. He wasn't special at all though, and hardly spectacular as player. VDM's not a good crosser of the ball, ball hogger and handles slowly.

He scored some good goals in his time at ajax, but a couple of good goals doesn't mean you're a good player.

Anyway, he wouldn't fit in juve's system anyway. He plays too attacking and can't defend like Camo can.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Personally, I'd rather see us developing some of our budding midfield talent with first team action before dropping it into a VDM sinkhole.

And if you think Mancini is the primary reason for Inter's underachievement these days, I have a story to tell you about Lippi between Scudetti. :D

Jul 12, 2002
Well he did not impress me that much, sorry. With Ajax he was decent, had some classy games, but is not very consistent if you ask me. Maybe the reason I rate him so lowly is because everytime I watch him he does nothing except for in one CL match a couple years back, and then one Inter match this season. Maybe that's it..
How often did you watch him? I watch Ajax pretty religiously, and he was consistent and excellent for Ajax, and his CL performances have always been good. As for his play with Inter, of course it's going to be a little poor, but that's because he's playing for Inter.

On another note, Van der Meyde and Zlatan make a formidable partnership on one side of field. They work together well and they both have good foot skills while Zlatan's size and strength compliment Van der Meyde's speed and crossing. Furthermore, VDM offers Juve another goalscoring midfielder, as Nedved is our only one at the moment. He's got a very good, hard shot, and he can finish extremely well for a winger.

Jul 19, 2003
He was actually pretty good at Ajax. I watched several of his games back then. I also remember him being a good crosser from the Mido goals I've looked at.........him and Trabelsi (now that's a crosser).

I wouldn't want VDM here though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

How often did you watch him? I watch Ajax pretty religiously, and he was consistent and excellent for Ajax, and his CL performances have always been good. As for his play with Inter, of course it's going to be a little poor, but that's because he's playing for Inter.

On another note, Van der Meyde and Zlatan make a formidable partnership on one side of field. They work together well and they both have good foot skills while Zlatan's size and strength compliment Van der Meyde's speed and crossing. Furthermore, VDM offers Juve another goalscoring midfielder, as Nedved is our only one at the moment. He's got a very good, hard shot, and he can finish extremely well for a winger.
Sorry, as in the case of VDV, everytime I witnessed van der Meyde play outside of the Eredivisite he just does not look that good. Im my eyes he's not even as good as Camoranesi. He had some good games in Holland, I saw a few of those, but he is no Robben or Overmars or Duff for that matter. He looked decent in the Eredivisite, but outside of it has been another story. Hell, if VDM is good enough for Juve, we should push for Demarcus Beasley from PSV. He has been lighting up Europe so far in the CL, and looks better than VDM IMO.

Jul 12, 2002
Sorry, as in the case of VDV, everytime I witnessed van der Meyde play outside of the Eredivisite he just does not look that good. Im my eyes he's not even as good as Camoranesi. He had some good games in Holland, I saw a few of those, but he is no Robben or Overmars or Duff for that matter. He looked decent in the Eredivisite, but outside of it has been another story. Hell, if VDM is good enough for Juve, we should push for Demarcus Beasley from PSV. He has been lighting up Europe so far in the CL, and looks better than VDM IMO.
I like that idea. Beasley is a fine left winger.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I like that idea. Beasley is a fine left winger.
He can also play on the right as well. He might be small for the Serie A, but he's so quick that defenders might not be able to get their body on him.

Jul 12, 2002
He can also play on the right as well. He might be small for the Serie A, but he's so quick that defenders might not be able to get their body on him.
He can play on the right, but he's far better on the left. He's a lot stronger than he looks and he's definitely got the pace and skill to take on defenders in Serie A. Furthermore, he's got very good defensive skills for one so gifted offensively. However, he's going to cost a good bit of money, whereas Inter are looking to get rid of VDM, so he will be cheap.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Considering VDM was only 23 when he left Holland, and had already like 30-odd dutch caps, he must of been doing something right. I think we was very well, but I dont think he is that suited to Italy. Your all only talking about Beasley because he is American, I've only seen him play well once, when then again I have only seen him like 4 times.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
i dont hink so, i've heard he is a good player, but on-form VDM is world class, you cant blame him, after all it is INTER were talking about, this isnt uncommon, when we leaves he'll be world class again.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
i dont hink so, i've heard he is a good player, but on-form VDM is world class, you cant blame him, after all it is INTER were talking about, this isnt uncommon, when we leaves he'll be world class again.
World class?????? You have got to be kidding me. If VDM is world class, so is Legrottaglie.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Andy, did you see VDM consistenty at Ajax? He WAS world class at Ajax, there seems to be something at Inter that makes players underachieve, its NORMAL for Inter this. I mean for crying out loud, more then 30 DUTCH CAPS, and Holland arent exactly short on players are they? I think when VDM leaves Inter he'll show the world what he is about!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If van der Meyde was world class at Ajax, then so was van der Vaart, Sneijder, Galasek, Trabelsi, Ibrahimovic, Maxwell, and Heitinga. They all contributed just as much as VDM. Really Nicole I find this statement about VDM being world class laughable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)