Inter shut door on Ballack (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2004
By Alex Livie - Created on 10 Mar 2006

Massimo Moratti has claimed that Michael Ballack is pricing himself out of a move to Internazionale.

Germany star Ballack is set to be the most prized Bosman of the summer if, as expected, he lets his contract with Bayern Munich expire.

Bayern have still not given up hope of persuading Ballack to extend his stay at the Allianz Arena, although their cause was hardly helped by tumbling out of the UEFA Champions League at Milan on Wednesday.

A clutch of Europe's biggest hitters are courting Ballack, with Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United admirers of the 29-year-old.

Inter had trained their sights on Ballack but club supremo Moratti says they will not be held to ransom by any player.

"I have read some things in these days which didn't seem that correct," Moratti told the club's website. "From what I have understood, it seems to me that the player's request was too excessive, so we're not interested in him.

"So the Ballack matter is closed."

Moratti is keen to retain the services of Argentine star Juan Sebastian Veron, who is mulling over a return to his native land, but will not rush the midfielder into making a decision on his future.

"I will leave it entirely up to the player to decide because it's his own personal business, but I obviously hope his decision is positive for Inter and the fans who are fond of him and respect him," added Moratti.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)