Inter ponder Vieri sale (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Inter ponder Vieri sale
Thursday 1 July, 2004

Christian Vieri’s future at Inter is again in doubt with reports suggesting the club now want to sell him.

It had looked as if Vieri would stay given the fact that close friend Roberto Mancini is set to be named as new Nerazzurri boss.

However, reports claim that the San Siro staff would like to sell the 31-year-old as he still has a good market price.

The outfit believe they could receive around £10m for the player with Juventus, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Barcelona possibly interested.

Another reason for his departure are the doubts that remain over his ability to co-exist with the younger Adriano – a player who is very similar in style to Bobo.

One Inter player who may be a more realistic departure is Fabio Cannavaro who is still being linked with Juventus.

A swap deal with striker Marco Di Vaio would content Inter but there is one main problem which could destroy the move.

The Italian stopper nets around £3m-a-season, a figure that is too high for the wage structure currently in place at Juventus.

If Cannavaro is sacrificed by Inter then he will be replaced in the side by Boca Juniors player Nicolas Burdisso.

Meanwhile, Inter are set to start pre-season training on Monday without Mancini in place.

Talks with Lazio over his release are continuing and the club are hopeful that the situation will be resolved by July 11 – especially as their Champions’ League qualifier will only be four weeks away by then.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
1. Question: Why would Inter want to sell Cannavaro?

2. Of course Inter wants to sell Vieri! He is totally useless! And hey... there ain't gonna be a single football team which will pay him $5 a year. Vieri faces a very simple choice. Either get a smaller pay or... quit football.

3. Di Vaio is happy to be on the bench... this makes him a great support striker. We need one of those. We don't need Vieri. We need Gilardino. Trezeguet can be sold, and we will still have DP, Miccoli and Gila with DV + somebody else. We do not need any other strikers.

River

Jun 15, 2004
2. Plenty of clubs would be happy to snap up Vieri. Just because he had a ban Euro dosent mean he wont be wanted. I think Vieri should go back to Spain were he can score as many goals as games played again :D

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    The same reason why it would be good for Juve to sell Del Piero. I'm sure Chelski would give us some 30 mil. They dont need him, but Roman wuld probably want him as a status symbol.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    The same reason why it would be good for Juve to sell Del Piero. I'm sure Chelski would give us some 30 mil. They dont need him, but Roman wuld probably want him as a status symbol.
    I doubt it. Mourinho is now in charge, and he said he wanted a 23 player squad with no dolls sitting on the bench all the time.

You think Del Piero is worth 30 mil? I wouldn't pay more than a third of that.

Jan 7, 2004
    who is listening my friend? who?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    You think Del Piero is worth 30 mil? I wouldn't pay more than a third of that.
    €10m at that. I wouldn't buy Del Piero, period. He just wouldn't be a good investment for another club.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Have they actually sold him? Fair dues - he's a great goalscorer, but a liability for the team. I remember Gus Poyet complaining that playing with Hasselbaink is like playing with ten men - which made holding a lead very hard. That said, I can't see Mourinho going for Vieri - he seems to be a bit too strict.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Have they actually sold him? Fair dues - he's a great goalscorer, but a liability for the team. I remember Gus Poyet complaining that playing with Hasselbaink is like playing with ten men - which made holding a lead very hard. That said, I can't see Mourinho going for Vieri - he seems to be a bit too strict.
    He has been released from his contract. Don't know where he will end up.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004

same goes for neddy. he is great player, and one of my favourites. but i came in conclusion that it's better for juve to sell him. we can still can a good amount of money for him.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

same goes for neddy. he is great player, and one of my favourites. but i came in conclusion that it's better for juve to sell him. we can still can a good amount of money for him.
    When does Nedved's contract expire? 2006 or 2008?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
    Probably at some smaller English club, maybe Turkey...
    Or Holland. He had a good spell in Spain too, so he could wind up there. He's likely to have to take a wage cut no matter where he goes.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    I dont even think Mourino has the choice. Peter Kenyon and Roman seem to decide who comes and goes.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    I dont even think Mourino has the choice. Peter Kenyon and Roman seem to decide who comes and goes.
    I doubt it - Mourinho would have demanded control of the transfer targets before signing.

Kenyon is just there to make them happen - only Abramovich can really run roughshod over the manager. England's a bit different that way - managers have a heck of a lot more control over the transfers. The General Manager, Director of Football or Technical Director is usually just a figurehead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)