Inter player's and officals reaction to match (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2003
this may be a bit late but what the hell

STANKOVIC
"Never in my life have I played in a match like that. I have no comments to make, I can't say what I think otherwise they would suspend me. I won't talk about the referee because he doesn't deserve to be spoken about. We gave everything we could. You all saw what happened on the pitch. Unfortunately it went like this."
(someone looks pissed off that he joined the wrong team :LOL: )

J.ZANETTI:
"Was there a clear penalty in Inter's favour? I've been in Italy for ten years and nothing has changed. We played an excellent match and the penalty foul on Emre was clear.

"We could have finished off the match in the first half. We're very disappointed we haven't reached the final, which we really wanted. We're very angry because everybody saw what happened. Now we have one objective less, but we must move on."

ADANI:
"We gave an excellent example of a united and strong squad, with moral and technical values. We exit the Coppa Italia on penalties, but in terms of our state of mind, heart, determination and play, we're winners. The team has responded to situations like this on several occasions."

EMRE:
"He [Paolo Montero] touched my left knee," said the Turk midfielder to Inter.it about the penalty incident witnessed by over 60,000 fans at the stadium and millions more on TV. "I felt the blow and I fell over. I've looked at the footage again and again and it absolutely was a penalty. However, it's not right to dwell on just one episode. There are several other things which explain last night's refereering."

Did you speak with the referee?
"Yes, at the end of the game. I showed him in what condition my legs were and he said sorry to me. Inter are a great team and we have nothing against Juventus. we're just sorry that the referee wasn't in form for such an important match. This was also clear when Maresca fouled me on the edge of the box in the second period of extra time. I have nothing to say against the Bianconeri player, but it was a foul and instead it wasn't even sanctioned. My team-mates on the bench and all the people who were pitchside heard the noise of the blow to my shinguard."

CORDOBA:
"A great test of character? Everybody saw what happened. You work and work, you have a great desire to do well, you play a great match and you really deserve to win and get into the final... And then you see everything ruined for something that has nothing to do with football. Unfortunately it always finishes like this."

ADRIANO:
"I knew it would be a difficult match but it's not nice to lose in this way. It's not right, but you learn all sorts of things in life. Now let's hope we win on Sunday."

ZACCHERONI:
"There's not much to say. We lost Cannavaro after just a few minutes, we were without defenders and we were in numerical inferiority. In these conditions it became tough. I'm sorry we haven't reached the final, the team played an excellent match, even when we were down to ten men. I was expecting Juventus to play like they did, I was hoping to finish the game with eleven men. Do I have anything to say against Pellegrino? I never talk about the referee."
(yeah cos their president made had his comments ready!)

FACCHETTI:
"When I saw that Pellegrino was named referee I thought bad things. The reality is that it was worse than I thought. This evening's refereering is unacceptable. It's not possible to go on like this. I don't want to stay here and list the referee's mistakes, and not just the incredible ones, but also many other episodes. Who should check these things? The institutions, who hide.

"I must also thank tonight's referee because he made the team determined again. They all made the effort. We were in ten men on the pitch and with a few injured players who made sacrifices. I have to pay my compliments to the team. I spoke to the boys after the match and told them we can win against everybody if we play like this.

MORATTI: (yup yup! he has a thing to say aswell)
"The picture is now complete. Quite honestly the two selectors could have spared us this irresponsible declaration, which is yet another provocation. They don't realise that all us Inter fans are very indignant, and rightly so. Naturally, I agree entirely with what Giacinto Facchetti said."

VIERI:
"I agree with Moratti. It wasn't a perfect game and everybody saw it," continued the Inter striker in reply to questions from journalists.

"More than anger, there's disappointment. Unfortunately it went like this. We were knocked out after penalties and I made the final mistake. I'm very sorry for my team-mates who played an excellent match up to the last second.

"We played well and we never gave up, not even when in difficultly. Very little separated us from the Coppa Italia final and this is a positive sign."

Vieri , what did you feel when you saw Chimenti save your penalty?
"I get angrier when I waste a chance in a match. You score or miss penalties, it happens, though I'm really very sorry about how it turned out."

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Well from what these players are saying, theyre making it look like this was the worst refreeing in years. And almost completely favoured Juve. I havent seen the game, so i cant comment.

Tho, in the spirit of sportsmanship its sad to see not one person from Inter has been sporting in their loss and given due credit to Juve.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
yea, agree on baggio's last comment. where's the respect....:yuck:

and cordoba....why didnt he say nething bout bad, bad foul on nedved :rolleyes:

OP
«ƒÕ®zå JüV€»
Aug 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    lol well lets just say those inter cant except a loss they just have to blame the referee did u hear the presidnet was fined for the bad comment he made about the referee :LOL: those inter's player and officals really dont know what their saying

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    They should learn to accept the decisions.
    Its true some decisions were clearly wrong but the ref is also human. He can make mistakes. And There's nothing Inter could do now. Its too late. The game is finished. They lost!

Inter should just accept their fate and shut up for once. Stop *****ing. So what if juve won coz of the ref, they still won

OP
    «ƒÕ®zå JüV€»
    Aug 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
    They should learn to accept the decisions.
    Its true some decisions were clearly wrong but the ref is also human. He can make mistakes. And There's nothing Inter could do now. Its too late. The game is finished. They lost!

Inter should just accept their fate and shut up for once. Stop *****ing. So what if juve won coz of the ref, they still won
    i know it does get annoying to hear this load of crap all the time..if its not the ref is the pitch f its not the pitch its the openents ..whatever it is its not their fault and they so dersved this win! yeaah right!

Sep 14, 2003
    The red card was justified, as for the penalty, maybe if Emre wasn't such a diving little sh*thead it would've been awarded - not that I think it was a penalty. Inter have only themselves to balme!

OP
    «ƒÕ®zå JüV€»
    Aug 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    The red card was justified, as for the penalty, maybe if Emre wasn't such a diving little sh*thead it would've been awarded - not that I think it was a penalty. Inter have only themselves to balme!
    No matter how much u try to tell any inter fan they would say that cordoba didnt deserve that red card! it was very obvious!! come on!! and besides they shoudl keep their mouth shut zanetti aswell desreved a red card after hitting maresca..it was like so obvious!
    I guess another thing they will never forget...

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
    I watched the match. There was a penalty for inter (emre) and an other one for juve (legrottaglie, but nobody is talking about that).

Pellegrino didn't see a bad foul against VCieri (Montero) and a couple of times the referee wronged the decisions on off sides (Adriano).

Personally, I think Pellegrino made a bad game.

By the way I'm SO happy we reached th final!!:D

This is from Corriere della Sera, the most important italian newspaper.

OP
    «ƒÕ®zå JüV€»
    Aug 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    omg!! the rated him as ! no way! he actually did fine!!
    i know what mean -z- i belive it myslf that there wasnt a penalty.. but suposedly there was...then lets just say that we had one aswell! as leroi mention it

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
    Yes, the penalty for us was quite clear. I don't remember if it was against di vaio or against legrottaglie, but it was clear.

The referee didn't make a good job. That's all.

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    There was no bloody penalty! I wish I had the footage to show it, I saw it some 5 times and it wasnt a penalty!
    I'm sorry to disagree you...but I think the penalty for Inter was Huge.

By the way, I think "who cares?". Inter went out, they're angry and I'm happy.

Moratti spent 600 millions Euros since he is Inter president....where is inter? God bless 5 of May forever!!:LOL:

Aug 1, 2003
    :howler:
    God, Inter, you're such a bloody arsed losers. So what if there was bad decisions? Juve had bad decisions against them too but we didn't go make any comments :rolleyes:

Facts are facts, Juventus went to San Siro and scored 2 goals, won the penalties fair and square. Give the credit to the old lady. What's done is done and there is no need to dwell.

Oh, one last thing...

LOSERS!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Inter are just bloody losers!! With this attitude they will never win anything!

Remember!!! 1989!!! nerazzuri suckers

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I hope we don't act like this if we get a poor decision. Hopefully our model professionals Nedved and Del Piero will not start whining about refereeing decisions. I think it's stupid of Inter to let all their players speak out about it, especially if they know that they're just gonna have a cry. The only person's response I admire somewhat was Adriano's

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    I saw the whole match.

And from an objective view, then i would still say that the red card on Cordoba was more than fair.

And Emres situation is waaay exaggeratet. Montero did NOT have any kind of contact with Emre, ive seen the situation more than 10 times now. It was a clear dive. And Emre dived alot that match, when a juve player came close to him, he just fell like some little boy.

And Inter say that they dominated the whole match. That is not true. They played something like 8 defenders the whole match. Juve had more goal oppertunities and more possesion than Inter.
    Inter were only lucky to play extra time, thanks to Adani and Montero!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)