Inter looking at Viduka? (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Inter Milan look determined to sign Leeds' Aussie striker Mark Viduka on loan come January, after having been denied his services at the beginning of the season. Leeds caretaker boss Eddie Gray said on The Sun: "You can never tell what is going to happen when the transfer window opens. But Mark is a player who will attract attention. Everybody in the game knows he is a world-class striker - one of the top four or five in the business."
I imagine Viduka would jump at the chance to flee the sinking ship that is Leeds. Would Inter really be after him though? I was under the impression that they already have a compliment of good strikers.

Oh, and the source is www.football365.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Why not? they have had a striker from Brazil, Argentina, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Italy, Uruguay so its only logical that one from Australia is one they are really missing

Sep 28, 2002
inter never tried to be chelsea. they started using the same policy as chelsea long ago. but chelsea signed 5 superstars at once, while inter got one or 2 every summer. and inter fail to make those stars work.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
actually, Viduka is able to play in any league. he currently plays at Leeds, a club which is basically filth at the moment. I dont see any big name strikers doing great things at that club.

Viduka is a very strong player, with good ball control, very good dribbling skills and he has a very good finish. He isnt a very fast player, but his other qualities allow him to get it around it.

At Inter, a club who is 10 times better than Leeds right now, he'll have the service.

Personally, i think he could do well in Serie A. space isnt a problem for him. The only problem i see is that he isnt needed at Inter. Unless Vieri is leaving january, then fair enough. but with Adriano returning, Cruz showing great form, martins, recoba....why is Viduka being looked at?

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    hm, why would arsenal AND inter both want viduka ? :undecide:
    Because he's worth it. ;)

He proved in the Champions League with Leeds that he's capable of playing very well even against the best teams in Europe, and he scared the crap out of Roma. He might be a poor man's Vieiri, but he's less injury-prone, less mercenary and cheaper.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I sometimes feel that Viduka's a bit too big,, and it affects his pace. Maybe he should lay off the Powersauce bars a little (now with 8 different types of apple)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    Viduka is like a mini-Vieri. I tihnk he could be a good replacement for him during his injury season. They'll probably get him pretty cheap so I think it would be a good idea for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)