Inter League (Association) Signings (1 Viewer)

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++

After Portugal and definetley after Portugal comes Holland (I mean just look at the semi final Holland-Portugal more then half of the Portugese starting 11 was playing in the Portugese leauge while only two players in the dutch starting 11 were playing in the Dutch league) And in the QF Holland started the team with only one player (Robben) who was based in the Dutch League, Ajax is not what it once was and Van Der Vaart is not the new Van Basten, He is not better then Robben (My favorite player in Holland). To Add to this The Ervedise are set to lose 5 of their 10 best players this summer. With replacements yet set to arrive from outside Holland.

Coming In:
No ones so far

Losing:
Robben (Chelsea)
Rommedahl (Charlton)
Kezman (Chelsea)
Noords keeper (Torpedo Moscow)
Trabelsi (90% Arsenal)
Zlatan (75%)
ehm cocu comes to psv so they do have reinforcements.
van de meijde does maybe come to ajax so that is number two
and psv does get alex so that is number 3
and i also thought they got farfan or what then players name is he was top scorer. so that is number 4

mfaried

May 9, 2004
i think that based only on the transfer that happened so far we cannot generalize and say la liga will be the strongest. i mean apart from samuel and maybe fiore , i don't see the coming players to la liga are such big names (larsson is not at his peak anymore).
even if the transfer season ends this way (which i don't see- still coming players to serie a) i could also say that still a generalization of la liga being superior is not correct. don't forget that italy, as a very strong national team, in itself has many italian star players if compared to spain. so serie a is also getting star players from within, and not always imports: cassano, gilardino,pirlo, etc...
another observation from my watching of serie a is that of the big names that rise in that league came when they were no that famous: van basten, shevshenko, kaka. which is a little bit different than is spain where they are after big signings:zidane, ronaldo, beckham, etc... (Exeption: ronaldinho :) )
this is my personal opinion and of course i could be wrong

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mfaried ] ++
i think that based only on the transfer that happened so far we cannot generalize and say la liga will be the strongest. i mean apart from samuel and maybe fiore , i don't see the coming players to la liga are such big
fiore's not maybe, he's officially valencia player.
and welcome to the forums btw :)

mfaried

May 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

fiore's not maybe, he's officially valencia player.
and welcome to the forums btw :)
Arif, thanks for the welcome.
Sorry for not being so clear, i meant that imo fiore is maybe considered as a big signing by some. for me i don't rate him that high.
:cheesy:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
the transfer season isnt over yet. plenty of time for all leagues to get more players. juve hasnt started buying a lot yet, nor has inter or milan. im sure barca are going to continue to buy a lot more.

lets not forget the players from south amreica who will be coming into europe also.

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
Yes I think many people here don't realize the mess Italy is in..
Spain is much better off financially btw Evelyn you can add Reizger who is now officialy departing Spain for England and Middlesborogh

As far as some guy stating Kaka and Shevsenko weren't big names before Italy please...
Kaka was already a World Champion having won the World Cup. While Schevsenko had both had scored against almost all the top sides of European football plus he had managed to knock out Milan and Real Madrid out of the Champions League almost single handidly with Rebrov and that playmaker I can't remeber the name of..

But Englands singings look perhaps the strongest on paper but I think England is the nation that only buys the established stars this is a consequence of the work permit rule, but so England is a bit overrated...

As far as I know Cocu and Van Der Meyde are far from done deals...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)