Inter fine Vieri (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Inter fine absent Vieri
Wednesday 14 January, 2004

Inter will fine star striker Christian Vieri after he pulled out of the 0-0 draw against Udinese and the club warns he could be for sale.

Vieri was called into the club’s Via Durini headquarters on Wednesday to explain his actions which are understood to have angered boss Albert Zaccheroni.

Zac wanted the player to be part of the squad for the Coppa Italia tie but the Italian insisted that he should stay in Milan to train.

That led to speculation today that Vieri could be sold with immediate effect, possibly to Chelsea, but the club have moved to calm the storm.

"With regard to the misunderstanding concerning the squad for the Udinese-Inter game, Vieri is ready to accept the disciplinary measures of the club," read an Inter statement.

The player also seemed to mirror the views of his employers. "I’ve spoken with the club over what happened," he said on the Inter website. "I will accept whatever they decide."

There are already reports that Inter director general Lele Oriali is in London to discuss a sale to Chelsea and President Massimo Moratti has added to these rumours.

“Any player in this squad could be sold for the right price,” said the patron, “so why should that not apply to Vieri?”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
:LOL: What this article fails to mention is that during the meeting, Inter executives had to resort to espionage tactics so not to show an angry Vieri storming out of the club.

The words that are on the website are more the club's words than his.

Jul 12, 2002
Vieri has every right to be angry with Inter. He is arguably the most dominant striker of the pst 5 years and yet he's won nothing. I hope that he doesn't go to Chelsea becuase that would be a waste, but I'm Sure Barca would be more than happy to have him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++
Vieri has every right to be angry with Inter. He is arguably the most dominant striker of the pst 5 years and yet he's won nothing. I hope that he doesn't go to Chelsea becuase that would be a waste, but I'm Sure Barca would be more than happy to have him .
what does Barca have that Chelsea doesnt,in fact in the meantime Chelsea is way better than Barca,i too think he should leave Inter but neither to Chelsea nor to Barca.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++
Vieri has every right to be angry with Inter. He is arguably the most dominant striker of the pst 5 years and yet he's won nothing. I hope that he doesn't go to Chelsea becuase that would be a waste, but I'm Sure Barca would be more than happy to have him.

yeah that would seem logical

or

he could go to southampton and partner James Beattie and win the EPL :fool:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++

yeah that would seem logical

or

he could go to southampton and partner James Beattie and win the EPL :fool:
talk about being unrealistic:groan:

:D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I wish Vieri came back to Juve. Altho that aint ever happg, im pretty sure hes heading to Chelsea. If inter are selling him...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
what does Barca have that Chelsea doesnt,in fact in the meantime Chelsea is way better than Barca,i too think he should leave Inter but neither to Chelsea nor to Barca.
Barca could use a good striker atm, the same can't be said of Chelsea, who have strikers falling out of their pockets

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
hey, if Arsenal could win the league, im sure a a shitty Southampton (atm) can too :p
ya thats when the best ten teams(southampton is not one of them)get bankrupt.

which is a never:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)