Inter are leading the transfers..... (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

Until we win the CL or Seria A.

Which is a real scenario actually (not that I am a big fan of it). No big purchases, one or two additional free signings + smart coaching by Fabio Capello...

Then Moggi will say "screw you people, I know what I'm doing".

we no one can say that he didnt since he did get capello

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Inter is has got two good players (Burdisso, Veron) and pretty good coach (Mancini), but frankly, who cares?! They'll ruin their careers anyway, Inter won't make it this year either... We've got the best coach around, an average defender and two promising youngsters, I'm not that disappointed... yet...

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Have people noticed that majority of signing are free?

Inter have been smart this season, which is quite shocking, IMO. Why pay transfer fee when you know they will flop?;). On a serious note, I think Inter signed genuine world class players but ones that might be argued are reaching twilight of their careers.
In the long run, they may regret, but I still reckon they will be dangerous next year. Add some left sided players and a quality forward to complement their strikers, and maybe young GK, then they will be extremely dangerous IMO.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Their team right now is ridiculously amazing! A side with Vieri, Martins, Adriano, Recoba, Veron, Emre, Cannavaro, Toldo, Zanetti, Stankovic, vd Meyde and there are much more. On paper, I would say they are even better than Juve.

They just need to learn how to utilize their super-star players, kinda like Milan. Milan also have a star-studded line-up, but the difference between them and their blue neighbours, is that they know how to control their players to play as a team and not as individuals.

The reason, why Inter are so unpredictable, is because no-one knows when they will perform as a team. Some games, they totally have it off, and loose big time. Other games, when some how they work together, they produce stunning performances and play some of the best football in Italy. They just need to learn to always perform like that. They have all the ingredients, now Mancini has to control it all.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
As somebody already mentioned in this thread, Inter needs more discipline and a pragmatic approach from a coach to the players. This realistically may be the case next season with Mancini taking over.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Inter always win the 'Scudetto' of the transfer market, year in year out, yet at the end of the year they win **** all! It's gonna be the same this year too.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Don't be so cruel... Evil... Spooky spider you know... Glenn will always be haunted for that lousy mistake... That's just sad... :down:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Pendir,

I totally agree discipline is necessary ingredient for a succesful football team. Every good team has it: Juve had it, Milan had it, and even Real had it. The problem is what is discipline and pragmatism?
The common fallacy, IMO, is that most people see discipline as just obeying Coach's order hence they like to equate discipline to harsh coach.
While discipline requires willingness to obey coach's orders, I do not think Coach necessarily have to be strict "old school" in the process. It is all about power, and power can be derived from respect, penalties, rewards and ability to interpretate the situation. I think in this regard, Mancini will be a terrific coach for them: He was a world class forward so players will listen, and I believe he is a coach who tries to utilize players rather than requiring players to fit into his system: the latter method that Zach persued will inevitably create tension in a team full of stars like Inter.
Thus, I think players like Stankovic, Van der Meyde, Adriano, Martins, Zanetti, should thrive under Mancini's system.
As for the opposite case, I think Maurinho for Chelsea has all the ingredients to be a disaster. Yes Maurinho has been amazingly successful, and he is very neat person. On the other hand, Chelsea will have players with immense reputation and pride who will not just simply because coach said so. In a big team, ability to communicate and interact players is the most fundamental quality that is needed in a coach, I think Mancio has it and Maurinho don't. Expect big things from Inter, but I think they will fall just short of Milan: Ironically, because they arent as talented as Rossineri IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)