Injury Updates (6 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
According to transfermarkt he had recurring ankle and hamstring injuries. How would that affect meniscus? :Boh:
Meniscus has connections with the knee capsular ligaments, as do the hamstrings... The ankle is only the next joint in the kinetic chain. Not very hard to link this medically but impossible to really judge without specific inside info.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Meniscus has connections with the knee capsular ligaments, as do the hamstrings... The ankle is only the next joint in the kinetic chain. Not very hard to link this medically but impossible to really judge without specific inside info.
I get what you mean, everything is joined to everything but it remains unclear, as much as I hate union I don't think it's an excuse that should to avoid what could be lack of medical due diligence or neglect on pogba. I mean in modern day you'd think a club would do thorough fitness checks before signing the player. Now I'm not implying it's our fault, frankly I have no scoobys but they should introduce medical scans of joints and ligaments before assessing risks and agreeing to buy a player. Bringing in a broken player has long term implications on finance and our reputation, we just need ways to mitigate the risk.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I get what you mean, everything is joined to everything but it remains unclear, as much as I hate union I don't think it's an excuse that should to avoid what could be lack of medical due diligence or neglect on pogba. I mean in modern day you'd think a club would do thorough fitness checks before signing the player. Now I'm not implying it's our fault, frankly I have no scoobys but they should introduce medical scans of joints and ligaments before assessing risks and agreeing to buy a player. Bringing in a broken player has long term implications on finance and our reputation, we just need ways to mitigate the risk.
Or at least analyzed every aspect that related to his past injury

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Well it's actually all unclear without inside info but the hamstrings literally attach to meniscus via the capsular ligaments.

It's not very useful to go scanning this all. First of all; medical imaging is not even close to having a 1:1 relationship with (future) pain. Many players report pain while having perfect scans and the other way around. Secondly; I don't think a 3-4-5-year contract would be stopped because of a 1-2-3-month injury...

ggnoree

Jul 24, 2009
How many more years does this problem with injuries have to continue until some changes are made? What is the problem, the intensity of the training, the type of training or what? There has to be a reason for all the injuries or this club is the unluckiest ever

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
How many more years does this problem with injuries have to continue until some changes are made? What is the problem, the intensity of the training, the type of training or what? There has to be a reason for all the injuries or this club is the unluckiest ever
Na, we are bringing players in here with a massive discount, just like with Pogba. If we actually bought a proper pro with a name on his back, that many people would be competing to sign with, we would need to throw in 70m here and there.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
As much as we want to continue pointing fingers towards some of the staff members or the training methods being used imo there is also clearly another important factor that is at the root of it all…

Just as i’ve been saying in previous years aswell, maybe, but just maybe we could start countering this by actually stopping from recruiting all those already injury-prone ‘market opportunities’ just to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

I quoted myself with that post since 2019… fast forward to summer 2022 and still nothing actually changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)