Infomation about Universities (1 Viewer)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Here is the deal:

If you have the money to plunk down in excess of 45.000 plus thousand a year go for New York University, Stanford or Columbia. If you are more in the 35,000 thousand dollar range then go for U. of Chicago, Boston College, Notre Dame (depending on your discipline) housing due to location is much less in these universities causing over-all expense to go down.
Best kept secrets: Canadian Universities. Some are of Ivy League Calibre with 30% of the price. I.E. Mcgill University in Montreal, University of Toronto and in some respects UBC in British Columbia. Much cheaper housing, much cheaper tuition with an equally outstanding reputation. I learned of this only after I plunked the equivalent of the price of a house at NYU...:down:

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #46
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

But universities themselves don't cost any money and he was on about price ranges :undecide:
    ?? Confused now. Universities don't cost money? So it's free education? :confused: For everyone too? Like international students?

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #47
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Well it really depends. For Australian citizens, there's a system where the government gives all students loans during their education, which they pay back once they get a job, sort of like subsidised education.

For the international students who can just skip town after their education without paying their loan back :devil:, this option isn't available.

As for housing, i'm not too sure about that, since i still live with my parents and i have no comparison with other countries...
    Oh, so you won't have an idea how much a year's education at a decent university would cost?

There are so many options for education which is good.

How bout Hawaii?:D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    ?? Confused now. Universities don't cost money? So it's free education? :confused: For everyone too? Like international students?
    Oh you mean the tuition fee (if that's the correct translation). Well I haven't a clue how much that is for international students. You'd have to e-mail that Dutch uni I gave you a link for :)

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #49
    Yes, I shall do that. Thanks.

What where you referring to before when u said unis don't cost any money?

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
    Erik were abouts in england were u?

And yea Liverpool is prob the most exciting city in North England i think, and no i wouldnt waste my time to watch the team :D

Also i think non Uk people find UK boring because they dont like what we like. Fun in the UK pretty much consists or parties and not much else :p :D

Oh and ive been at uni since september and cant really say ive done so much work, u just gotta do a little work now and then, the rest of the time is there to have fun :D

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
    Talking about money.

Most people have to pay student fees, differnet amount depending on your parents income, if ur parents income is low u dont have to pay any fees, so in that case its free.

But everyone still has to pay for accomodation.

Not sure what its like for international students. Check www.ucas.com for uni info and may be info about international students there too.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Yes, I shall do that. Thanks.

What where you referring to before when u said unis don't cost any money?
    Well I thought maybe you meant accommodation, rent. Then I figured "well there's no such monthly fee for university" and I got lost.

But it was late in the evening and I had had a beer or two already :D

Erik were abouts in england were u?
    Loughborough, Leicestershire. It's a relatively small town but there are thousands of students and so many pubs and clubs you wouldn't believe it.

I had a blast!

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #55
    ++ [ originally posted by McFarlando ] ++
    Talking about money.

Most people have to pay student fees, differnet amount depending on your parents income, if ur parents income is low u dont have to pay any fees, so in that case its free.

But everyone still has to pay for accomodation.

Not sure what its like for international students. Check www.ucas.com for uni info and may be info about international students there too.
    So basically one can lie about their parents income and get into a university for less? :devil:

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #57
    Hey Erik, do you know if by chance Switzerland has english teaching unis?

Greg

Oct 1, 2001

So basically one can lie about their parents income and get into a university for less? :devil:
    I don't think you can lie, they check up on the details you give

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)