Indian movies! (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Only seen about 2 or 3 to my recollection and one starred Jugnu or Dramendra and the other 2 starred Amitabh

The great Gambler was the one i like d the best but my gripe is they always bust into song which makes you lose interest

Some quite incredible storylines which is usually seperated while young, fight in the middle and some old sage comes to tell them they are brothers or sisters in the end and they make up

Baggio, has this changed?

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Only seen about 2 or 3 to my recollection and one starred Jugnu or Dramendra and the other 2 starred Amitabh

The great Gambler was the one i like d the best but my gripe is they always bust into song which makes you lose interest

Some quite incredible storylines which is usually seperated while young, fight in the middle and some old sage comes to tell them they are brothers or sisters in the end and they make up

Baggio, has this changed?
Well Denco,
As of today, its exactly this that we make fun off. The songs that see no connection with the movie. Tht is like the number one most dissed thing about Indian movies tday. But Indian cinema has indeed come a long long way. Dharmendra and Amitabh's kids are both in the movies by the way. Our scripts and our professionalism has increased by miles. The money in this industry is crazy. And now you see some really intellectual subjects thrown up in to prduction. The end product is really good in some cases. We've even had a couple of oscar nominated movies off late. But if you'd like to know of a few references for which movies to watch to get a glimpse of India as we are today. You should check these out....
Dil Chatha Hai (DCH is about our Urban youth as we are today)
Lagaan (Oscar nominated, its about cricket and the british rule)
Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge(thats an all time faverite of mine)
Kal Ho Na Ho (the latest blockbuster to hit Indian cinemas)
Devdas( thats the most expensive indian movie ever made, also oscar nominated)
Boom( wacked out, but itll tell u exactly what we're like now)

Off this list, except the 2 oscar nominated movies the rest are purely commercial mainstream movies, but very slickly shot and interesting story lines. The oscar nominated ones are stronger story lines and period films. Again very elegantly shot.

Painless_cry

Jun 14, 2003
Amitabh was the best actor, I love him in every movie! he was the actor that could play every rol! and not every actor has that quality :)

I always liked Aamir khan, Salman was nice in his first movies, maine pyar kya, he was cute in that one.. then he bulded his body and become stupid, overacted too much.

Saif Ali khan is nice, just look at him in parampara.

Actresses

my fav of all time, Juhi Chawla, smart funny and pretty, I loved her in hum hai rahi pyar ke.

Madhuri dixit, great dancer, and great actress, adorable smile!

manisha koirala, beautiful!!!!

can't stand
karishma kapoor, she used to act like shit and always like a stupid girl, but in dil to pagal hai she did a very good job.

Dil to pagal hai is a great movie! also mohabatein

tere_lee

Oct 4, 2003
ever seen two or three of Indian movies (and I still remember them) : kuch2 hota hai, mohabtein, and andaaz.

I like the songs in "Andaaz" played by Miss Universe 2000 Lara Dutta and if I'm not mistaken Akhsay Kumar.. & one more artist ----> I cant remember her

one thing I cant stop thinking about Indian movies is that in every ocasion wether they r happy or sad they keep on singing and dancing. just seem a bit unproper to sing and dance (even jumps) while u r in bad mood right?? but wathever ... they make it great to watch.. haha..

Painless_cry

Jun 14, 2003
Baggio my parents are pakistani and my mother is indian movies fan, so i'm watching them since I'm a kid, she has a collection, she even has dilip kumar movies, like hist first movie in colour, I forgot the name.

one of my all times fav movie is Saudagar :)

oh I loved Shah Rukh in Baazigar

OP
princess

princess

Nov 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #90
    YOU'LL WILL NOT BELIEVE WHO I SAW!in DUBAI!
    TAKE THE WILDEST GUEST?
    ok i saw 5 actors!
    come on ull guess?

OP
    princess

princess

Nov 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #95
    ok ull have 4 more to go

ok ill give ull a hint:
    she has a huskee voice n shes my fav. actress i mentioned it somewhere before. very cute and very down to earth person!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Painless_cry ] ++
    Baggio my parents are pakistani and my mother is indian movies fan, so i'm watching them since I'm a kid, she has a collection, she even has dilip kumar movies, like hist first movie in colour, I forgot the name.

one of my all times fav movie is Saudagar :)

oh I loved Shah Rukh in Baazigar
    Woahh.....thats kewl. So i bet your a big fan too. Yea SRK in baazigar gave a memorable performance, he has come a long way indeed. Not bad for a guy who was considered to be too ugly to be a good guy in the movies, today he has the entire indian female population eating out of his hands. Not bad at all. By the way, his most recent movie Kal ho na ho, has everyone raving about his perfomance again, so make sure you catch it. In fact i saw it last nite. It was a role tailor made for him.

KisSeSs

Sep 27, 2003
    Ohhhhhhhhhh

last night .. too late babes .. ekkekekek .. acually I saw it in the 26th of Nov .. when it released first .. and I really cried alot ^_^

I wanna know if you cried or not??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)