"India a possible 2026 football WC host" - Blatter (2 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
As the other one was closed:

World Cup 2022: Michel Platini proposes Gulf World Cup

The prospect of further drastic changes to the 2022 World Cup was raised on Wednesday when Uefa president Michel Platini advocated extending the tournament from Qatar to the whole of the Gulf region.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...-World-Cup.html

------------------------------------

:howler: It makes the idea about Qatar having 'the best bid' a pointless notion, as FIFA clearly don't care about your bid during the actual bidding process. They want you to promise them lots of money and then make up the rest as you go along.

I can't see why countries would even bother spending the time and money putting together a bid, as it makes zero difference.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
icεmαή;2843854 said:
Even though we had problems (like any other host) we managed to pull off a really good show...
I'm not sure how it was reported in India but over here it was considered a bit of a joke as an overall package, I'm sure you have read about the problems with overrunning and over budgeting of projects, unsanitary and unsafe living conditions for athletes (several of whom didn't go or left upon seeing the living conditions) and the issue of committee corruption. There are other issues but they are more likely to be frowned upon in the western world rather than the east, like child labour and virtually non-existent quality assurance and vetting.

On the tv it looked great, but that is only the visible face of what makes a good tournament/games. Clearly India put on a good show and the potential there from a sporting sense is huge, but it doesn't disguise other problems. I can't imagine footballers ever putting up with the problems that a lot of these pretty low profile and unwealthy but talented athletes did.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:howler: It makes the idea about Qatar having 'the best bid' a pointless notion, as FIFA clearly don't care about your bid during the actual bidding process. They want you to promise them lots of money and then make up the rest as you go along.

I can't see why countries would even bother spending the time and money putting together a bid, as it makes zero difference.

Exactly, now they're also seriously talking about doing a winter WC when part of the bid was air-conditioned stadiums.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...campaign-that-brought-World-Cup-to-Qatar.html

Fifa president Sepp Blatter acknowledged the scepticism over Fifa’s decision on Thursday, saying: “Naturally when you are looking at the country of Qatar, which is a very small country, and when the basic conditions were, and still are, to play in June-July then it may look a bit questionable to go there.”
:lol: A double sided piece of A4 paper with regulations? Just unbelievable really.

India needs to get those IPL investors onboard.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
As the other one was closed:

World Cup 2022: Michel Platini proposes Gulf World Cup

The prospect of further drastic changes to the 2022 World Cup was raised on Wednesday when Uefa president Michel Platini advocated extending the tournament from Qatar to the whole of the Gulf region.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...-World-Cup.html

------------------------------------

Yep, this is the sort of shit that pisse me off, FIFA once again moving the goalposts and making up the rules as they go along. Qatar barely met any of the so called requirements to host the tournament, and here is the FIFA pres talking about moving the fucking tournament to January. Incredible.

And now football in my country has and will be kicked from pillar to post from all the shitbag rival sports in this country (AFL/NRL/RugbyUnion) after using $50 million dollars of taxpayers money for a bid that never stood a fucking chance in the first place.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
India for the world cup :weee:

I have 2 huge houses and I can accommodate 15-20 of you. I expect at least a semifinal to be played in my town.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
this has to be one of the lamest trolling attempts ever.

but that's to be expected from a senile old fatty man

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
India smells better than Behreyn, or however that country is called. I hear now Behreyn smells better after the Indians started going there.
Id rather smell petrol than curry

Indians are nice people ok!! They wash my car, do my garden, do the driving, clean our streets.. So don't make me say rude thing about them when they're so nice to us!!

Atleast you're not Greek.. Oh wait .. you are.. Forza turkey :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)