I'm New Here!! (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2003
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Mohamed. I'm an 18 year old Egyptian living in the U.S. and I have been a huge fan of Juventus for a long time. They're no doubt the best team in Italy...and I love them more than any team in Europe.

I would like to get to know all of you here.:)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
ur in lousiana!!!

OMG have u been to the mardi gras there? me and my friends were planning a mardi gras bash there but it went astray :down:

Id love to visit. Its pretty hot here too in the 80s mostly. Went up to 105 but in winters its cold as hell. Dont think youll like that ;)

OP
nosubstitute959
Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    I have been to Mardi Gras several times, but I'm not the type that goes crazy there. :angel: You have to experience it, though. :)

As for weather, it's the same here.......soooooo hot and humid in the summer, and so daaaamn cold in the winter. It actually snowed last New Year's Eve..or the one before it (can't remember).

When I arrived at New Orleans airport for the first time, coming from Egypt.......I felt I was being suffocated to death when I stepped out of the airport. I hate that weather. You'd think after 5 years I would get used to it, but noooooooo.:frown:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    I have been to Mardi Gras several times, but I'm not the type that goes crazy there. :angel: You have to experience it, though. :)

As for weather, it's the same here.......soooooo hot and humid in the summer, and so daaaamn cold in the winter. It actually snowed last New Year's Eve..or the one before it (can't remember).

When I arrived at New Orleans airport for the first time, coming from Egypt.......I felt I was being suffocated to death when I stepped out of the airport. I hate that weather. You'd think after 5 years I would get used to it, but noooooooo.:frown:
    Welcome to the forums Moe :)

i'm sure you'll have a great time here.

How's ol' Baton Rouge these days...i havn't been up there in a while! :D ....I'm guessing you go to LSU, because it's the biggest University there (or should i say baton rouge is LSU ;) )

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Welcome to the forums Moe :)

i'm sure you'll have a great time here.

How's ol' Baton Rouge these days...i havn't been up there in a while! :D ....I'm guessing you go to LSU, because it's the biggest University there (or should i say baton rouge is LSU ;) )
    Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.

Thanks Majed,

Baton Rouge is as it always been.....CRAP!! Why would you ever wanna go there??:D Yeah, I go to LSU for Mechanical Engineering.

What about you? Tulane? And what do you study?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.

Thanks Majed,

Baton Rouge is as it always been.....CRAP!! Why would you ever wanna go there??:D Yeah, I go to LSU for Mechanical Engineering.

What about you? Tulane? And what do you study?
    i was born there in BR :)

nope.. not Tulane :down:
    UNO :D :strong: ;)

I Study Computer Science. :geek:

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    Which part of SA are you....or more appropiately your parents from? Do you follow Saudi and Arab leagues and competitions at all?

I would really love some Kebab, Kofta, Koshari............etc, etc, etc. No call for that, but I haven't had some in a long long time. :down:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Which part of SA are you....or more appropiately your parents from? Do you follow Saudi and Arab leagues and competitions at all?

I would really love some Kebab, Kofta, Koshari............etc, etc, etc. No call for that, but I haven't had some in a long long time. :down:
    I lived in Riyadh, but we're from Al-Qassim. :cool:
    I stopped watching the league a few years ago when things got too currupt. i still follow the progress of one of my favourite players (Nawaf Al-Timyat). i know the Gulf Cup is soon, but i dont know exactly when.

Al-Zamalik: :yuck:
    Al-Ahli: :thumb:

:D

how about you?! what part of egypt are you from and how long have you been there in BR?

BTW, it snowed in BR december 2001 ;)

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    I lived in Riyadh, but we're from Al-Qassim.
    I stopped watching the league a few years ago when things got too currupt. i still follow the progress of one of my favourite players (Nawaf Al-Timyat). i know the Gulf Cup is soon, but i dont know exactly when.
    Sometimes I get Saudi matches......but only important ones like the league cup and the semis leading to it.

Isn't Nawaf in Ahly Jeddah now? Barakat, an Egyptian plyr, used to also be there, but moved to El-Araby in Qatar for more money I guess. Some just find it hard to adapt to European lifestyle and prefer the :greedy:

About Egyptian Ahly and Zamalek.......which one do u support? Seriously....I won't be offended. :p BTW, did u hear of the 6-1 thrashing a season ago?:D

how about you?! what part of egypt are you from and how long have you been there in BR?

BTW, it snowed in BR december 2001 ;)
    I'm from Al-Minya in Egypt....you probably never heard of it, but it's about 150-200 miles south of Cairo. Pretty small city.

I've stayed in BR from 92-94, then I went back to Egypt, and got back in 98 till now. I'm still not a citizen though...all this is temporary if I don't find a good job when I graduate.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Sometimes I get Saudi matches......but only important ones like the league cup and the semis leading to it.

Isn't Nawaf in Ahly Jeddah now? Barakat, an Egyptian plyr, used to also be there, but moved to El-Araby in Qatar for more money I guess. Some just find it hard to adapt to European lifestyle and prefer the :greedy:

About Egyptian Ahly and Zamalek.......which one do u support? Seriously....I won't be offended. :p BTW, did u hear of the 6-1 thrashing a season ago?:D

I'm from Al-Minya in Egypt....you probably never heard of it, but it's about 150-200 miles south of Cairo. Pretty small city.

I've stayed in BR from 92-94, then I went back to Egypt, and got back in 98 till now. I'm still not a citizen though...all this is temporary if I don't find a good job when I graduate.
    Nawaf is still with al-hilal.
    anyway, yeah, i do like Al-Ahli from Egypt, though i havn't seen many of their games.

Good luck in school. :) when do you plan to Graduate?!

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    Inshaallah May 2005.

What about you?

Two games you should've watched for Ahly.

Ahly 1-0 Real Madrid (July 2001).....we played so good, I was about to cry.
    Ahly 2-1 Roma (July 2002)

I also heard they're playing them in Roma this summer........also playing Real Sociedad, Real Betis, and Deportivo La Coruna. It's rough times though......still unsettled with the new coach and all. I hope we're not humiliated.:dazed:

Ok, I'll stop........I've rambled enough. :p

So when are u graduating inshaallah?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)