Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (236 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
It's just a load of crap, that's all it is. The reason why England lacks many top quality forwards is because they lack TALENT in the area, not because foreigners have taken over the country. In Italy we have several top class Italian forwards, along with several foreign strikers who are some of the world's best...Gilardino, Cassano, Toni, Vieri, compared with Sheva, Adriano, Martins, Zlatan. What would happen without these foreigners? The league would suddenly reduce drastically in quality and that would be a major setback for upcoming prospects. Why? Because they would lack world class competition and not receive any help from the best players in the world. Taking foreigners out of any league will reduce the quality of the league, and therefore reduce the quality of the domestic players as well. Play with the best, become the best.

He said Italy does bad in major tournaments because the foreigners here play too much and know our game too well. This statement is just poor madness. Foreigners would not know how the Azzurri plays just by playing club football in Italy and as I said before without players from other countries the quality of the league would fall and there would be no advancement of Italian players. If you have the talent you will play, if not the foreigners will play instead.
So you think that foreigners ennoble European leagues?Did you notice that the number of foreigners is increasing.Today , some clubs have much more foreigners than domestic ones.I think that it is normal to have foreigners in the league,but you must control their number...
And I think that England is not with the lack of talent.They only have the problem in the attack,because they can't get a decent striker,I assume that it is becuse of the situation in their big clubs as I said.
Look at the French national team,you cannot find 4 proper Frencmen there.Look at their league,it is fool of foreigners,they "recruit" the players from their colonies...but this becomes much more than a football question.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DP #1 Fan ] ++
How did he do in tonights game?
He had a deep role behind the strikers, think Kaka with Milan. he was good, getting involved in the play almost all the time. He set Gilardino with a very smart pass to score the second for Italy. He was substituted on half time because Lippi was trying different things.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

So you think that foreigners ennoble European leagues?Did you notice that the number of foreigners is increasing.Today , some clubs have much more foreigners than domestic ones.I think that it is normal to have foreigners in the league,but you must control their number...
And I think that England is not with the lack of talent.They only have the problem in the attack,because they can't get a decent striker,I assume that it is becuse of the situation in their big clubs as I said.
Look at the French national team,you cannot find 4 proper Frencmen there.Look at their league,it is fool of foreigners,they "recruit" the players from their colonies...but this becomes much more than a football question.
Sure, controlling the number of foreigners in a league is not a bad thing to do, however to attribute the number of foreigners to the lack of talent in a specific country is absolute madness. And the reason why England cannot get a decent striker is because they lack talent in that area! It has nothing to do with the number of great foreign forwards playing in the EPL.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DP #1 Fan ] ++
How did he do in tonights game?
lost possesion a few too many times, but when he passed the ball he looked good. but by the end of the half he was getting out of the game so lippi probably decided to rest the guy before the big supercup match.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Sure, controlling the number of foreigners in a league is not a bad thing to do, however to attribute the number of foreigners to the lack of talent in a specific country is absolute madness. And the reason why England cannot get a decent striker is because they lack talent in that area! It has nothing to do with the number of great foreign forwards playing in the EPL.
The new law will finally become a reallity,precise number of the foreigners in the clubs participating in the C.L.
That is very good IMO,because that is the only way to stop the great machinery such as Abramovich for example.There would be only few foreigners in the club (in this case foreigners are non-EU players).

I agree with you about the positive aspect of the competition which is rising thanx to the talented foreigners,but there is the way of destroying own capacities of players...the time of the high potential Italian football productive schools has passed,after the great duo (Cannavaro-Nesta) Italy don't have a possible replacement,but you have a large number of foreign defenders in the clubs (Simic,Stam,Cordoba,Gamara,Zanetti J.,Ujfalushi,Zebina,Coufre,Mexes,Chivu...)

I'm looking forward to see someone like Masiello in Juve,and that new Balzaretti is a solace(I hope that he will give a good to us).

And one more thing,the place which really shows England's lack of talent is the keeper's place.They couldn't find a decent keeper for a while.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

As a matter of fact I'm the one who defends Del Piero,here...who is your favorite player also,King Ale.:star:
Del Piero is my favorite player for sure.I hope he always be that good to start each single match and I really hope he's choosen for the Azzurri NT for World Cup.but I just admire Andy.you're maybe kinda new here,but since I remember,he's just replied such comments about Alex patiently.I like his posts.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

Del Piero is my favorite player for sure.I hope he always be that good to start each single match and I really hope he's choosen for the Azzurri NT for World Cup.but I just admire Andy.you're maybe kinda new here,but since I remember,he's just replied such comments about Alex patiently.I like his posts.
Ok,no hard feelings.:)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I wached the game Ireland-Italy,and the first goal Italy scored after the great chance that was set up by Del Piero ,Vieri was alone infront of Given and made a shoot directly into keeper,the corner kick followed the action and Italy scored thanx to Pirlo.

Second one for Italy was Gila's goal after Del Piero nicely passed him the ball.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
well im likeing the attacking options we have for 06, we have tooti/del piero to play the trequatrista, we have cassano or di michelle to play second striker than we have bobo/gila to play as the hitman italy is gonna b e a serious threat come germany

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I'm for Italy also,but unfortunately Italy always screw up.I don't know why is that happening but it seems that they are acting like megastars dummies posing with their girlfriends(models).Their last great tournament was EURO 2000,when that fvckin' Wiltord scored 30 seconds before the end of the final matc against France,after that Italy was doomed and Trez scored again.
Zoff was managing well than,but Berlusconi offended him and the man gave his resignation.
Forza Italia,Lippi is the man now!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 227)