Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (74 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++
just because he is outspoken doesnt mean he isnt technically up to standard to play with juventus.
I just don't like Miccoli for his utter lack of respect for the club; taking potshots and insulting the management even when he was still half-owned by us. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...
juve dont even have a freekick taker so miccoli would be more than useful in that department.
I'm quite content with Mutu being our free kick taker :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
Yea but it bothers me that no one takes him seriously he is gonna be on fire this year i cant wait to see him honestly, if trez gets injured everyone wants mutu-zlatan how come no one wants to see del piero

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
Yea but it bothers me that no one takes him seriously he is gonna be on fire this year i cant wait to see him honestly, if trez gets injured everyone wants mutu-zlatan how come no one wants to see del piero
Well,I can't wait to see him also.Del Piero did well today,and I'm so happy about that.
Forza Del Piero!!!!!!

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
but hes on fire everyyear so u have nothing to be worried about. :dontcare: :rolleyes:

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

but hes on fire everyyear so u have nothing to be worried about. :dontcare: :rolleyes:
Your right.We have nothing to be worried about :D

Six scudetti in twelve years. Give me a player with a higher percentage of efectivity in serie A.:D

You now.... fire is a thing that sometimes, abruptly, extinguishes. Ask Kaka and sheva about the final stages of last year....:howler:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
hahaha ;)

yeh we love our one man team juventus. hahaha gimme a break
That's it. That's the final drop. I'm quitting this forum.

Instead of realising what a great player Del Piero used to be and still is (as proved his stunning goal against Roma the other day) people on this forum go on and on bashing Del Piero. We, so called Del Piero lovers, are told be objective. In all our humbleness we obey and try to be objective by looking at the statistics.

Now what do these statistics (which provide us with the only way of looking at football objectively) show us? That Del Piero has won the scudetto numerous times, that he's on his way of becoming Juve's topscorer of all times, that he scored 14 last year (which is five more than the guy you all want at Juve) and that he has played for Juventus for an incredible amount of time. Besides being a great football player, Del Piero has got that rare thing called club love.

But that's not all. Del Piero does all he can to avoid any controversy. He could have argued in the press last season. He could have shown how unhappy he was. But instead of ruining the team's moral Del Piero decided to work hard and try to be succesful whenever he got to play. When Zlatan was stupid enough to get a three game ban, it was Del Piero who stood up and gave away an awesome display in the most important game of the season. But instead of bashing Zlatan for not being there, people on this forum still decided to make a mockery out of DP's career.

"He's not the player he used to be" or "He's all washed up" they say around here. Let me first dismiss all that talk of Del Piero not being a good football player for the last five seasons. In 2001-2002 he scored 16 times and gave various assists. In the last game of the season he also scored a vital goal. In 2002-2003 he scored 16 times in the Serie A and made a number of goals in the Champions League. The most important being the one against Real. He was also one out of two players to score a penalty kick for Juventus in the final. What do we say? "Del Piero's a choker".
Right.

So please go on and have your little childish fights. Tell people Del Piero's old and that it's time to move on. Tell people you want that Bari thug at Juve. Tell people it's cool how Zlatan elbows and fights on the pitch. Tell people what good football players those are. Tell people it's awesome how they behave off the pitch.

But let me tell you this: Del Piero's way out of their league. He's head and shoulders above Zlatan and Cassano. Both on and off the pitch they will never have what Del Piero has: class.

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Instead of realising what a great player Del Piero used to be and still is (as proved his stunning goal against Roma the other day) people on this forum go on and on bashing Del Piero. We, so called Del Piero lovers, are told be objective. In all our humbleness we obey and try to be objective by looking at the statistics.

Now what do these statistics (which provide us with the only way of looking at football objectively) show us? That Del Piero has won the scudetto numerous times, that he's on his way of becoming Juve's topscorer of all times, that he scored 14 last year (which is five more than the guy you all want at Juve) and that he has played for Juventus for an incredible amount of time. Besides being a great football player, Del Piero has got that rare thing called club love.

But that's not all. Del Piero does all he can to avoid any controversy. He could have argued in the press last season. He could have shown how unhappy he was. But instead of ruining the team's moral Del Piero decided to work hard and try to be succesful whenever he got to play. When Zlatan was stupid enough to get a three game ban, it was Del Piero who stood up and gave away an awesome display in the most important game of the season. But instead of bashing Zlatan for not being there, people on this forum still decided to make a mockery out of DP's career.

"He's not the player he used to be" or "He's all washed up" they say around here. Let me first dismiss all that talk of Del Piero not being a good football player for the last five seasons. In 2001-2002 he scored 16 times and gave various assists. In the last game of the season he also scored a vital goal. In 2002-2003 he scored 16 times in the Serie A and made a number of goals in the Champions League. The most important being the one against Real. He was also one out of two players to score a penalty kick for Juventus in the final. What do we say? "Del Piero's a choker".
Right.

So please go on and have your little childish fights. Tell people Del Piero's old and that it's time to move on. Tell people you want that Bari thug at Juve. Tell people it's cool how Zlatan elbows and fights on the pitch. Tell people what good football players those are. Tell people it's awesome how they behave off the pitch.

But let me tell you this: Del Piero's way out of their league. He's head and shoulders above Zlatan and Cassano. Both on and off the pitch they will never have what Del Piero has: class.
Great post, bravo. Truely. I agree with this 100%.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Right.

I Salut you, 7. you're the man.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Rather poor form Seven, regardless of the excellent remainder of the post. If you're sick of arguing with people who don't agree with you (regardless of their reasons or lack theirof), stop. Don't read the bloody Del Piero threads. You know what they'll say.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
To Mikhail's point, if we all quit this forum over posts that always annoyed us, this place would be a ghost town. And if we were all "yes" men (and women ;) ) and everyone always agreed with each other, this place would also be a ghost town... but even worse, it would likely be rather uninteresting.

Comes with the territory. The DP bashers, like the DP worshippers, both have a place here and neither side is really going away anytime soon.

Dec 26, 2004

Right.

I like yar enthusiasem... classy post :cool:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Rather poor form Seven, regardless of the excellent remainder of the post. If you're sick of arguing with people who don't agree with you (regardless of their reasons or lack theirof), stop. Don't read the bloody Del Piero threads. You know what they'll say.
This thread is ridiculous, mikhail. We both know that. Was this thread my reason for giving up on this forum? Of course it wasn't. It's the constant DP bashing that goes on in every single thread. If you say that Zlatan played a bad game on this forum, the respone you'll get is the following: "Del Piero wouldn't have done better". Regardless of what Del Piero does on and off the pitch, he is continuously bashed on this forum.

And so are the so called DP lovers. Try saying DP played a good game on this forum. If DP scores a hattrick and you say he played a good game people will bash you for not being objective.

A certain clique has been formed here by certain members who act like they're always objective. Don Bes and Andy being the first that come to mind. So I'm done with it. It's members like them who prevent us from having normal discussions like grown ups by dismissing everyone who thinks otherwise. They don't feel the need to strenghten their opinion by arguments of any kind. They'll just say you're not being objective. And hell, how could you be? After all, you're not agreeing with them.

So I'm sorry. I really liked this forum, but I'm done with doing this. It's no fun anymore.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004

Right.

No man...stay!!!We need more Del Piero supporters like you.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks asked me to reconsider my decision. Which I'm actually doing as well. Despite my statements earlier on, I do know this forum has some quality members. People who are funny, intelligent and know their football (e.g. Jeeks, Erik, Shadowfax, Mikhail, Stuart and others).

I like having discussions with these people and I like talking to them about football. But I'm afraid this forum has annoyed me more than it has amused me.

There seems to be a village mentality in here, which is pretty much ludicrous. This forum is about two things:
a) Alessandro Del Piero
b) Saying what this guy or that girl should or shouldn't have said.

I already stated what I think about the Del Piero discussions in this forum. Point b is an equally annoying trend and I want to keep as far from it as possible.

So I'm sorry, but unless someone can give me some good arguments on why it's useful for me to keep posting on this forum, I'm gone. If I annoy certain members by leaving, I apologise.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Its simply, until people can start accepting views from both side of this argument then its pointless

for example:

My argument against Del Piero is simply, he is at one of the top Italian clubs, and he SHOULD be a top player. In My Opinion he no longer has that the same influence or prowess on the pitch, would anyone here say Del Piero is in the top 20 of strikers/forwards in the world? If not then the simple argument in my opinion is that he doesnt belong there and is really at Juve from reputation. Although I can admit he did well for Juventus last season, not as good as he could of but not bad either. Ultimately next season is make or break, if Capello keeps him he will need to improve on his overall return for the club, in goals and assists, because Capello knows that he can find someone better, and he will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)