Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (42 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Del Piero just got Los Angeles-ed when it comes to dressing :D
As a figurehead and ambassador to the club, you can’t get a more well respected and well spoken man than Del Piero. As long as he’s surrounded by actual businessmen who are good at their jobs, it could work. Maybe he learns a thing or two along the way.
Totally agree that he could start out in that role and maybe become more important along the way. But I am not entirely sure he'd want that role, because you risk being held accountable by the public for things you didn't really decide. On the other hand I think Del Piero cannot be ready for any true director role at a business the size of Juventus. It would be a challenge for people with years of experience, let alone for someone who has - in all fairness - not held a true job in his life.

I do think Del Piero is someone who wants to do things well and can grow quickly when presented with a challenge. So yeah, maybe it's like throwing him into the water and see if he can swim. I just hope he can.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Maldini joined Milan with out any experience, at first as sporting strategy & development director and after one year became technical director there. Cant see any problem with Alex going the same way - he just have to work with experienced ppl.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Totally agree that he could start out in that role and maybe become more important along the way. But I am not entirely sure he'd want that role, because you risk being held accountable by the public for things you didn't really decide. On the other hand I think Del Piero cannot be ready for any true director role at a business the size of Juventus. It would be a challenge for people with years of experience, let alone for someone who has - in all fairness - not held a true job in his life.

I do think Del Piero is someone who wants to do things well and can grow quickly when presented with a challenge. So yeah, maybe it's like throwing him into the water and see if he can swim. I just hope he can.
While not as many as players to coaches transition, there are still quite a few examples of people who have made the switch from professional footballer to a director like role, Brazzo, Maldini, Monchi, Sammer etc. Their experience as footballers and mostly playing a chunk of their careers in one club helps I guess. None of them are formally educated in the field as far as I know. I do agree it's risky for him and the club. But worse case scenario he resigns and goes back to doing what he's doing now. People tend to forget very quickly in this field. Look at Neville, terrible manager, but making a good living as a pundit again. Same is going to happen with Nedved who will have a black mark against him for a bit for the current situation.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
While not as many as players to coaches transition, there are still quite a few examples of people who have made the switch from professional footballer to a director like role, Brazzo, Maldini, Monchi, Sammer etc. Their experience as footballers and mostly playing a chunk of their careers in one club helps I guess. None of them are formally educated in the field as far as I know. I do agree it's risky for him and the club. But worse case scenario he resigns and goes back to doing what he's doing now. People tend to forget very quickly in this field. Look at Neville, terrible manager, but making a good living as a pundit again. Same is going to happen with Nedved who will have a black mark against him for a bit for the current situation.

I think Ale also has the benefit that at least he's not a crook. Imagine being a fan of Platini and then finding out what he's like as a director. The stuff of nightmares. If Del Piero doesn't do well, I guess people will forget fast.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I think someone like Alex is crucial, obviously you have to bring in someone who is experienced as a DG but as a vice president who can take up that Nedved role and have his say but also be that connection to Juventus and the history of Juventus is crucial. Who better than Alex? Provided he wants the role. We need to bring back some Juventinita.

In theory you have Ferrero who is a businessman, you have Del Piero who is the link between history and the present and importantly an incredible likeable icon of football and Juventus and then match them with an experienced DG and it's a good mix.

Imagine we want to get someone to sign, who better to speak with them than Alex? A new player to the club Etc.

Funnily enough Trezeguet has also posted about Juventus today. Bring them both back, our link to France and South America :touched:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Then sorry, as much as I love him and he's my fave player in history, I can't support Del Pie here if that tweet is true.

Again, this is why we need to hire outsiders who have fresh ideas instead of people trying to resurrect the dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Nedved was right about Allegri though, he's finished.

Please don't tarnish Ale by associating him with this clown.
It's actually horrible to even think about. I don't want Ale going the same way as Nedved and Conte. This might be a disaster waiting to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)