Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (49 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Id love him back, are you kidding me? The holder of all major records as an outfield player would always get a chance to test himself in managerial role. As a face of the club Id be 100% for this. But his lack of exp cant be disregarded so all the major decision making should be done by more experienced managers. In time, if he grows into the role and proves to be competent enough, he will be given more responsibilities. I dont want another Nedved situation or that we burn another legend during our difficult times.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I love him, he is and always will be my favorite player and I truly believe he is THE legend of this club.

BUT…

bring him as Vicepresident would be a mistake, he is not ready for that and he will be another Nedved, and end up having the same fate and that would break my heart.

If you want him at the club give him a role in the club where he can grow and gain experience.

For once let’s learn from our mistakes

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Id love him back, are you kidding me? The holder of all major records as an outfield player would always get a chance to test himself in managerial role. As a face of the club Id be 100% for this. But his lack of exp cant be disregarded so all the major decision making should be done by more experienced managers. In time, if he grows into the role and proves to be competent enough, he will be given more responsibilities. I dont want another Nedved situation or that we burn another legend during our difficult times.
Maldini is a good example to follow.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I could be horribly wrong as we don't know these people and, if so, I apologise to him. But to me it seems like Maldini is quite a bit more intelligent, or at least better schooled, than Del Piero.
any particular reason you think so? both have been rather pristine and scandal free in their lengthy careers, but Del Piero even more so than Maldini, who had the row with Milan fans and the tax corruption case. I've always liked Del Piero's interviews, at least the ones he gives in Italian, he's balanced and classy. of course his English is bad indeed.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
any particular reason you think so? both have been rather pristine and scandal free in their lengthy careers, but Del Piero even more so than Maldini, who had the row with Milan fans and the tax corruption case. I've always liked Del Piero's interviews, at least the ones he gives in Italian, he's balanced and classy. of course his English is bad indeed.
Maldini simply comes across as a more academic person with a lot more interest in business than Del Piero. I don't think Del Piero is stupid at all, his interviews demonstrate the opposite. It's just that I think he has never really focused on developing his skills in certain fields. There's also the fact that Maldini's father had a very long career as a manager and I believe Maldini probably has a broader view of the entire football world. In terms of looks too: Maldini dresses like freaking Harvey Specter. The experience shows.

Jun 16, 2020
I love him, he is and always will be my favorite player and I truly believe he is THE legend of this club.

BUT…

bring him as Vicepresident would be a mistake, he is not ready for that and he will be another Nedved, and end up having the same fate and that would break my heart.

If you want him at the club give him a role in the club where he can grow and gain experience.

For once let’s learn from our mistakes
In my opinion Nedved’s legacy isn’t ruined. He’s been on the board and Vice President during one of the most successful period of our clubs history. Of course things took a nasty turn but I still greatly admire him

Del Piero is the most natural and logical choice out there. Basically he fills the gap between the board and the fans. The most beloved player in the clubs history. He should definitely become the face of our board, no doubts. I’d be disappointed if he didn’t return to be honest.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Maldini simply comes across as a more academic person with a lot more interest in business than Del Piero. I don't think Del Piero is stupid at all, his interviews demonstrate the opposite. It's just that I think he has never really focused on developing his skills in certain fields. There's also the fact that Maldini's father had a very long career as a manager and I believe Maldini probably has a broader view of the entire football world. In terms of looks too: Maldini dresses like freaking Harvey Specter. The experience shows.
Del Piero just got Los Angeles-ed when it comes to dressing :D
As a figurehead and ambassador to the club, you can’t get a more well respected and well spoken man than Del Piero. As long as he’s surrounded by actual businessmen who are good at their jobs, it could work. Maybe he learns a thing or two along the way.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Del Piero just got Los Angeles-ed when it comes to dressing :D
As a figurehead and ambassador to the club, you can’t get a more well respected and well spoken man than Del Piero. As long as he’s surrounded by actual businessmen who are good at their jobs, it could work. Maybe he learns a thing or two along the way.
Absolutely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)