Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (109 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why was he at Getafe in the first place?

I read more into it, apparently he trialled with Juve when we were in LA but didn't sign, then went to Madrid to trial with Getafe, seems Real Madrid caught wind of it and offered him a trial. The signing is unconfirmed but that is quite a Real Madrid kind of move, they like having famous names involved with them.
Even from just looking at his Instagram he is nowhere near as technically gifted as his father. Maybe he has other qualities though.

Apr 12, 2004
They developed quite a few known names last decade
2012 to 2022, name 'em. Go!

I consider "quite a few" to be at least five.

- - - Updated - - -

Real Madrid isn’t the best place to be for a youngster, but still probably a lot better than Juve.
Besides any English team, you're right.

Chelsea, man. Musiala, De Bruyne..... :lol: So dumb.

La Masia is dope. Sevilla, Bilbao, Valencia, all mediocre.

France tends to create a lot of good talent probably behind Ajax, PSV, and some German clubs.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, owned a pair of those boots. @Bjerknes , too.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

France tends to create a lot of good talent probably behind Ajax, PSV, and some German clubs.

- - - Updated - - -

You owned @Bjerknes too? :p

I keed.

Apr 12, 2004
:lol2:

Oh shit, my bad, I forgot about Schalke legend Raul who came through the youth system in 1979.

Dude. You did a broad search with a copy and paste. Half of those players joined Getafe at 15 and went on to do wonders at FC Zapateria.

Name 5 players, yo. Royston Drenthe? lol Of course not. They are going to waste Camivinga, they wasted Sneijder, Robben, Cassano. Hell, you could argue Ronaldo did his worst work there versus PSV, Barca, and Inter.

Name five players who spent the EU and UEFA mandated three years in their youth system between 2012 and 2022 who are genuinely good talents.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:lol2:

Oh shit, my bad, I forgot about Schalke legend Raul who came through the youth system in 1979.

Dude. You did a broad search with a copy and paste. Half of those players joined Getafe at 15 and went on to do wonders and FC Zapateria.

Name 5 players, yo. Royston Drenthe? lol Of course not. They are going to waste Camivinga, they wasted Sneijder, Robben, Cassano. Hell, you could argue Ronaldo did his worst work there versus PSV, Barca, and Inter.

Name five players who spent the EU and UEFA mandated three years in their youth system between 2012 and 2022 who are genuinely good talents.
Nah, read again. You can sort the list by market value to eliminate the fossils. But here is 5 from the top of the list
Hakimi
Marcos Llorente
Morata
Reguilon
Pablo Sarabia

I could go on, but if you go through the names youll find 2-3 even you will recognize on each page. Even if you filter out the ones that joined Getafe at 15

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
PSG's Hakimi?

Doesn't count. Two years in their system, on loan at Dortmund for three years. Dortmund made him, not Real.
Hes been at Madrid for 12 years before joining Dortmund. They made him the same way we made Morata. But if he doesnt count, mayne guys like Nacho, Carvajal, Vazquez count, they still at Madrid even today. Maybe Mayoral? Callejon? Cheryshev? I mean there is enough players to name no matter what restrictions you come up with

Apr 12, 2004
To create a bevy of really world class talents?

Again, I can only draw on my experiences, but like Schweini, Alaba, Lahm, Muller.... not even Kroos as he left early. Not Kimmich, he was purchased. Like, I mean talent that genuinely came through the youth system and played. Iniesta, Gavi, Pedri, Xavi. That type of shit.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
To create a bevy of really world class talents?

Again, I can only draw on my experiences, but like Schweini, Alaba, Lahm, Muller.... not even Kroos as he left early. Not Kimmich, he was purchased. Like, I mean talent that genuinely came through the youth system and played. Iniesta, Gavi, Pedri, Xavi. That type of shit.
Yes but I never claimed so. Developing a player doesn't mean he has to stay there. But their youth development is good, if you come through Castilla chances are you're a La Liga level player, or good enough for even top clubs. Whether they show that at Real or elsewhere is less important

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, mine were white though. Loved the Preds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)