Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (226 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
out of curiousity, does anyone have any idea how much these old players are getting paid to play in the Indian League?
Del Piero is reportedly the highest paid with around $1.7 million which is higher than what he was earning at Sydney. The other marquee players earn between $400k and $900k

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Words of advice

Italy legend Alessandro Del Piero has urged countryman Mario Balotelli to get back to basics and work harder at Anfield.

Speaking to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Juventus legend said: "If anything I can give a general overview that also applies to Mario. Between the mind and technique, the mind is more important. :touched:

“You need to send a signal to the outside that you are really involved. It’s important, as it shows you are playing with heart and giving your all, trying to do the right thing.

“You have to put yourself up for the challenge every single day. Face every training session as if it were a final."

Aug 17, 2007
0-0 vs. Northeast today.

Must say Ale looks much slower and heavier than I expected. He didn't look anything like that last season with Sydney, and even vs. Juve two months ago. I guess it's because of the heat and humidity in India.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The schedule is tight as well. They end up playing two to three games every seven days. He was amused when he was taken off. Afterwards he was asked if he was okay and he said he was feeling very good :D

Aug 17, 2007
Yeah, he was kinda smiling :D

It's a pretty tight schedule ahead, although it wasn't so tight for Delhi so far. They will play this Saturday (vs. Goa, Eurosport 2) and again next Wednesday. Still waiting for the first Linguaccia in India.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 218)