Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (226 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ive always said f*ck agnelli blah blah blah but I now realize that winning the serie a, and perhaps the coppa, is the perfect way for del piero to leave. Seeing him close his eyes in relief as he kissed the trophy will rightly be the one of the lasting images of Del Piero in my mind. I just wish he was in fact retiring and not going to another squad
The reason I liked Del Piero back when I was a child was that I saw a player who truly loved the game. Del Piero really really really likes football. He wants to play.

Oct 23, 2011
Ridiculous, it should be his choice whether to stay or to leave. This is simply not a way to treat the biggest player of the club ever. I really expected way more of Agnelli.. Not saying the day is ruined now, but it would be a unforgettable one if DP could get a contract extension after today. I cried like a baby and the negative feeling is actually dominating the positive feeling.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Let's not forget that when Conte was Alex's age right now, he was already coaching Arezzo and was about to join Bari as coach. And look at the amazing things that Juve Legend managed to do for this club in such a short amount of time.

A guy with Alex's legend, personality, and stature should be able do so much from this club away from the pitch.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
This is just wrong! Sure everyone has it's time, but this definitely wasn't his time, and specially if he wanted to stay this much, and specially if he was still doing great stuff!

We will go and sign a clown instead, a clown called Borriello who will earn way more and will cost extra 8 million as a transfer fee.

There was one God for me in football, and that was Zidane, I was very pissed when we sold him but I didn't feel then as much as sad I do now for Ale, that's maybe because of the treatment Ale got..

Ale isn't even in my top ten list of players I loved, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate what he did for this club.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ill always wait for him to come back in some way or another.

No ill will can stain his legacy. The best of the best. of all times. Period.

Go on Ale, enjoy ur football.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Let's not forget that when Conte was Alex's age right now, he was already coaching Arezzo and was about to join Bari as coach. And look at the amazing things that Juve Legend managed to do for this club in such a short amount of time.

A guy with Alex's legend, personality, and stature should be able do so much from this club away from the pitch.
I had a whole response typed out but I think given the volatile/delicate nature of today I like your diplomatic answer. I am way too emotionally drained to argue right now anyway. :sick:

Apr 29, 2006
Today? Coppa final? Huh?
Today? Huh? Was it? Does it look even like the one Nedved had?

We will see about that after. So far announcements are kept to the minimum, perhaps it will be one for private audience only?

1985? Huh? Even as a fan of Juventus, I admit the match that send us to that final should have been replayed. One thing is a game, the other one is...

And here you above all should have appreciated what was the difference between those two successes. Weren't you whining about how you wouldn't take Suarez if your life depended on it? ;) Here is why I whine so much really as that man - DEL PIERO - has brought so much joy and soul into this club its unthinkable how this will be replaced ever. Marble stones with scribblings on them or stupid PR words won't cut it for sure, there's only one way to repay heart - with heart. Forget about Juve showing business intentions. That's all bollocks written by some unanimous PR lackey. We should have done more and do more. And we certainly didn't start on the right foot today. :( The only ones that showed it were the fans - you can see what 40+k Juve supporters were thinking about the 'unbeaten record' after DP was out. In short - fuck it!!!

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Ill always wait for him to come back in some way or another.

No ill will can stain his legacy. The best of the best. of all times. Period.

Go on Ale, enjoy ur football.
Old Juventus vs Juve! What a game that would be! Bring back Davids and Zidane and Canna! My money would be on old Juve. :D

---------- Post added 13.05.2012 at 12:40 ----------

Today shouldn't be about arguing. That would be disrespectful to Alex and the team he so loved/loves. :)
Agreed! Forza to a man who spent his entire career with us! Forza to the man who made me a Juve fan!

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Today? Huh? Was it? Does it look even like the one Nedved had?
What are you even talking about now? You said, explicitly, that he had no final game. What does that even mean? He got an absolutely great send-off (minus being subbed a little early for injury) for his Serie A career. He lifted a bloody league trophy after an unbeaten season. How many legends can claim that? He was showered by the fans in adoration. What more do you want? If anything, Nedved was the unlucky one.

We will see about that after. So far announcements are kept to the minimum, perhaps it will be one for private audience only?
If you really think he won't get some sort of testimonial then you're more of a cynic than I am. That's saying a lot.

1985? Huh? Even as a fan of Juventus, I admit the match that send us to that final should have been replayed. One thing is a game, the other one is...
Bordeaux? What was wrong with it? The final itself, you mean? We earned that victory regardless of the tragedy (that the players weren't even aware the full extent of).

And here you above all should have appreciated what was the difference between those two successes. Weren't you whining about how you wouldn't take Suarez if your life depended on it? ;)
I'm sorry. Now you've just gone off on some bizarre tangent. What the fuck does cheating scum like Suarez and his action have anything to do with that particular final? Seriously, explain that.

Here is why I whine so much really as that man - DEL PIERO - has brought so much joy and soul into this club its unthinkable how this will be replaced ever. Marble stones with scribblings on them or stupid PR words won't cut it for sure, there's only one way to repay heart - with heart. Forget about Juve showing business intentions. That's all bollocks written by some unanimous PR lackey. We should have done more and do more. And we certainly didn't start on the right foot today. :( The only ones that showed it were the fans - you can see what 40+k Juve supporters were thinking about the 'unbeaten record' after DP was out. In short - fuck it!!!
What more could the club have done? It was a good send-off, all things considered, particularly the context of how it closed the season. I get the feeling someone like you wouldn't have been satisfied unless Agnelli came out on the pitch and kissed the man's feet or something ludicrous. First you say the fans showed him off properly, but then... they didn't and only were concerned about the unbeaten record? You're not making much sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 221)