Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (119 Viewers)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Oh man.. He simply deserves to play CL with a team capable of going places.

This $#@!ing sucks on so many levels.
I dont/did not expect Ale to play foreva, but as long as he is playing at this level, playing better than half our forwards, he deserved to play CL next year with this team.

Its not even about what he deserves, we could have clearly used his services considering the number of tournaments we will be playing next year. He would have been nothing but a valuable asset to this team.

Ahh fuck this, i don't know how im going to handle this tomorrow :moan:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Really enjoyed that.. i find it hard to find a good compliation with all my favourite moments one normally shows alot but then misses other great moments i may have to make the perfect one for myself one day.
That was a fantastic video. My goodness. :sad:

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
This. I started following Juve because of him and dp, but above all because zidane was my idol. When he left to madrid (a team i despised and still do)... i was almost tempted to follow him, like some friends of mine did (we were a bunch of zidane freaks). But no way, i was attached to the shirt already.... i would have felt so dirty by changing teams just like that. I decided to stay and until today, i think it has been one of the best decitions i have taken in my life... because calciopoli included, Juventus has given so much joy in this last 10 years.

I hate Real but no matter what club he went to I would have stayed with Juve as well. I am a loyal girl. :D They are the only club who has ever had my love.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
There's a strange sort of numbness setting in ahead of tomorrow's game. I don't kmow if it's a defense mechanism to control the tears, or a case of the nerves building up. Ive seen my favourites get injured, depart or retire. But I've never seen, everything I associate the face of Juventus to be, walk away into an ignominy in a way that I haven't been able to understand. I know tomorrow, or the Coppa final will not give me my closure and I don't know how I will react to saying goodbye to 17 years of the most beautiful moments I've seen on a football pitch. To a player I thought would never grow old, or leave or be forced away for all the hours, blood, sweat and tears dropped on the field of play. I dont know how to say goodbye to my favourite memories, for all those nights I'd celebrate running around my house in a range of Juventus and Italy jerseys #10 and #7 specially, sticking my tongue out, for all those cartwheels I did over magical free kicks, stepovers, incisive passes, beautiful goals. I don't think i will have the capacity to ever accept somebody in my heart and head quite like I accepted my Juventus idol. I'm not ready for this. I'm not ready to say goodbye. I know its 3.41 am right now, and im going to sleep hoping a little part of my soul will not die tomorrow when I stand to applaud his last minute substitution with the rest of the world.

I love you Alessandro. Forever.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
There's a strange sort of numbness setting in ahead of tomorrow's game. I don't kmow if it's a defense mechanism to control the tears, or a case of the nerves building up. Ive seen my favourites get injured, depart or retire. But I've never seen, everything I associate the face of Juventus to be, walk away into an ignominy in a way that I haven't been able to understand. I know tomorrow, or the Coppa final will not give me my closure and I don't know how I will react to saying goodbye to 17 years of the most beautiful moments I've seen on a football pitch. To a player I thought would never grow old, or leave or be forced away for all the hours, blood, sweat and tears dropped on the field of play. I dont know how to say goodbye to my favourite memories, for all those nights I'd celebrate running around my house in a range of Juventus and Italy jerseys #10 and #7 specially, sticking my tongue out, for all those cartwheels I did over magical free kicks, stepovers, incisive passes, beautiful goals. I don't think i will have the capacity to ever accept somebody in my heart and head quite like I accepted my Juventus idol. I'm not ready for this. I'm not ready to say goodbye. I know its 3.41 am right now, amd im going to sleep hoping there's a little part of my soul that I hope will not die tomorrow when I stand to applaud his last minute substitution with the rest of the world.

I love you Alessandro. Forever.
:touched:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
That was a fantastic video. My goodness. :sad:
that video bummed me out :sad:
Out of all of the videos of him it nearly made me cry the most i wish there was more moments like the bicycle assist against Milan and some more bits of skill and great goals but its the closest ive seen yet to perfection i like the eseogello (spellng) videos but they show to many misses and pointless footage.

---------- Post added 12.05.2012 at 23:55 ----------

I have a feeling that Ale will get a contract extension tomorrow! Agnelli's big surprise.
Im about 90% sure that it will happen.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The only thing that gives me hope is that this del piero juve retirement has been handled in the most awkward way possible.

In the nedved case, and in almost all retirement cases, they have confirmed the retirement or exit waayy before itt happened. Nedved said it at the beggining of the season, a lot of players announce it at half season or like 2 months before it all ends, because that way they can let their fans know when it will end and prepare a proper goodbye. Because lets be sincere, after alex raises the scudetto and then say something like “well this is my last juve game bye”...... It will turn the atmosphere awkward. A lot of fans including myself, still have hopes for him to stay and are not thinking in preparing good bye banners and the like. Si IMO is kind weird for him to not totally confirm this with his fans. Tomorrow when he is finally gone, a los of people will end broken hearted.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
The only thing that gives me hope is that this del piero juve retirement has been handled in the most awkward way possible.

In the nedved case, and in almost all retirement cases, they have confirmed the retirement or exit waayy before itt happened. Nedved said it at the beggining of the season, a lot of players announce it at half season or like 2 months before it all ends, because that way they can let their fans know when it will end and prepare a proper goodbye. Because lets be sincere, after alex raises the scudetto and then say something like “well this is my last juve game bye”...... It will turn the atmosphere awkward. A lot of fans including myself, still have hopes for him to stay and are not thinking in preparing good bye banners and the like. Si IMO is kind weird for him to not totally confirm this with his fans. Tomorrow when he is finally gone, a los of people will end broken hearted.
That's a reasonable thought.
But the reason that it seems this awkward because it is simply Del Piero. That is already hard enough to handle by any management in that position.

I dunno, I'm in denial so I'm blocking my logic from interfering and will pretend that next game is just another Scudetto lifted by our captain.

May 2, 2012
Seen lots of optimism that he will be offered a new contract on twitter. I've been skeptical of Juventus' decision to let him go, and always believed they'd U-turn. The fans are furious/upset about it as well, and I've maintained that the club will at least extend for another 12 months.

He deserves a PROPER send-off. This is not it.

Mar 9, 2006
Speaking of the future: tell me honestly, you've opted to finish his career in the "Juve".?

I dreamed about it. These twenty years have been rich in emotion, with moments of extraordinary and sometimes difficult, I felt awe, rewriting nearly all of the records "Bianconeri". Now, however, the situation changed.

Vanity Fair

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 94)