Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (229 Viewers)

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
So sad reading this. And Alex's sadness seems pretty evident too. Agnelli should offer him open contract, full stop. If he chooses not to accept it, fine, but I'm pretty convinced he'd go nowhere, especially reading this interview. This is like Baggio all over again; broke my heart that time too, but at least in 95 we had a certain young talent who had played himself by rights into the first team. We have no such player this time round; people seem convinced all this won't matter because we'll have new world class strikers next season. Hate to say it, but I'm a bit sceptical on this, as I haven't seen a return on the promises for world class strikers Marotta and Co have been promising year on year. Alex is by far the most powerful weapon we have up front this year - looks far more dangerous in the few minutes he is granted than the entire games played by clowns like Borriello. What a joke.
All things being considered, his limited playing time (given the devastating impact he has when he comes on) seems more and more a political move than tactical; saw Conte uncomfortably skirting round this issue when interviewed recently and he certainly didn't seem to (or even try to) convince anyone that this choice was not in some way imposed upon him.
The guy is a legend, his loyalty in itself deserves more fitting recognition. Agnelli, stop being a twat and publicly offer this guy the option to do as he pleases in a club whose successes over the past 15 years+ are in no small way entwined with his contributions.

Wow, wanted to write a line and ended up with a rant - sorry:oops:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It is clear that DP wants to stay.
It is clear that he never wanted to leave.
It is clear that given the option, he wouldnt hesitate to extend.

Once again it is clear that AA respects nothing, he is a traitor to our cause and is free to commit crimes vs our history and legacy...
This is a crime vs football it self.

DP never whined about anything, never questioned anyone, even at the last moment he fights as a common man.
Having all this in his heart and yet...

I wonder if he choce this specific moment for a reason, maybe it is the right moment for a last stand, a chance to his supporters within our board to make a move, now when it counts!

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Ok so are we gonna keep moaning like bitches?

What can we do as fans? i mean somehow it's in our hands, we are the ones who make this club money anyway.

We need an effective way to voice our opinion to the guys up there, petition, mail letters?

This is a big online community and i believe we can coordinate and start something, either way i am in as i believe we should be more proactive instead of just watching and moaning.

Apr 11, 2012
Del Piero to Vanity Fair: “This has been the most complicated season of my career.” #Juventus

Del Piero: “I dreamed of ending my career at Juventus. Things, however, have changed.”

Del Piero on Andrea Agnelli’s announcement in October that the No 10 would be leaving in June: “I was surprised.”

Del Piero: “I’ll be without a contract from June 30. I’m a bit scared. It’s like leaving home for the second time.”

---------- Post added 17.04.2012 at 17:44 ----------

I knew it, I fucking always knew it...FUCK YOU ANDREA AGNELLI YOU MONOBROWED PIECE OF SHIT.
I always thought he would retire at Juve as well and was very surprised to hear him even consider the MLS. I guess when you're forced out of a club that you probably thought would have your back no matter what, what choice do you have? It's sad really. If the MLS is welcoming him with opening arms to continue playing the sport he loves I don't blame him one bit.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ok so are we gonna keep moaning like bitches?

What can we do as fans? i mean somehow it's in our hands, we are the ones who make this club money anyway.

We need an effective way to voice our opinion to the guys up there, petition, mail letters?

This is a big online community and i believe we can coordinate and start something, either way i am in as i believe we should be more proactive instead of just watching and moaning.
PUHR

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

Apr 29, 2006
Even if they use him once next season he should be given a new contract. And a clear statement from the club what he has meant to them. If Gianni was here he was goin' to whoop some asses...
Utter disgrace. I don't care about the coppa or scudetto - we should be winning 2 of those every 5 years or so, but a player like him we simply never had. Even if we do in the future it looks like it will be around the time Conte would be coaching Agnelli in some fancy retirement home team.

DEL PIERO IS JUVENTUS!

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
My heart just skipped a beat looking at that pic. :sheik: No one is as handsome as young Ale!!

Del Piero: “I dreamed of ending my career at Juventus. Things, however, have changed.”

Del Piero on Andrea Agnelli’s announcement in October that the No 10 would be leaving in June: “I was surprised.”

Del Piero: “I’ll be without a contract from June 30. I’m a bit scared. It’s like leaving home for the second time.”
I will say this as eloquently as I possibly can. What a bunch of fucking ingrates! You give your heart and soul to a club for so long and then you get tossed aside like yesterday's news! :disagree: People like that sicken me. I would be so tempted to bitch slap Agnelli as I left if I were him. I know I am one of those who thinks he should retire from Juve while he is on top, but not like this. I feel very sad for him. He really doesn't deserve this. :sad:

I feel very ashamed about my behaviour when I first came back to the forum now. So I was wrong, I admit it.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This photo is amazing, hard to believe that we used to fill out a stadium as big as the Delle Alpi (from time to time :shifty:)
yeah, we used to be a BIG team, with BALLS, honour and dignity...
DP is the most important player of our history, numbers speak for themselves and furthemore, just a few days ago, he proved that he can still make a difference... and yet, we expell him, an expendable tool that has been used and is now discarded...

We have discarded RB and ZZ, but there was logic behind it, in that era.
The manner we act now to our symbol is iconic, it describes the ethics of the new age Juve...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 224)