Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (14 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
It was a bad pass from him though. He should have passed the ball much earlier instead of sending him the pass so late and that hard.
keep looking at the ball..the way it keeps bouncing..i'm sure del piero wanted to pass it low but because of a bounce he passed it a bit high, and that's why i think krasic missed because he was expecting sth else. Anyways we won, so nothing to worry about

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I changed my mind about his pass to Krasic, it took a bad bounce off the pitch and he did well to improvise but Krasic wasn't quite awake to anticipate it, like others have mentioned he was a little sleepy at times. Must be the Sicilian air and long journey.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
He did well to improvise :lol: come on he messed up the goal, he should have passed earlier or scored himself, he and no one else should be blamed for that attack ending with no goal.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
It was probably because of sicilian air or the long journey he alone took that he misjudged the bounce, because there is no other explenation, Del Piero choking in front of goal is certainly not an option.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
He did well to improvise :lol: come on he messed up the goal, he should have passed earlier or scored himself, he and no one else should be blamed for that attack ending with no goal.
no way..he wanted to pass after he was sure the keeper won't save an eventual shot from the serb so he got the keeper out of the angle with keeping the ball...

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yeah, I might have over done it with "he and no one else" :p But I still think that the the blame, well at least most of the blame should be on Del Piero, because he is a striker and he should know better how to finish such attacks.

And talking about exeggeration, well 50% if not more of this thread is exeggeration. What gets on my nerve is that Del Piero gets a pass on such a sloppy control and most of the guys here are trying to defend and shift the blame on Krasic.

Yeah, maybe Krasic should have scored even with such a pass, but that doesn't take away that such an expirienced player with extraordinary technique blundered a very easy goal.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
So everyone now is bitching about the pass?
No, it was a bad pass and thats it, and people should get over it, and now you got people making exuses and shiftng blame as if it wasn't his fault.

Del Piero had good minutes when he came one, he did what he supposed to do and killed of the tempo with his smart fouls and helped take thre pressure of us a lot, but he choked big time there. Overall a good day for him in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)