Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (209 Viewers)

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
I'm very happy for Del Piero .. though i would've like it more if they both ended joint on top ..

however, congrats Capitano, hope Marco doesn't ruin your party ..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I hope he'll have that same hunger next season though. If only for the fact he's back to playing in the Champions League. I for one am really looking forward to it. We're back in Europe.
I don't know if I will predict wrong once again but I think he will have the same hunger again next year. Look at it this way, he was depressed with Capello, he then played in Serie B and his love to the club made him perform as he did. We gained promotion and he had a hard time with Donadoni which drove him to have an amazing season. Next season it is the return to Europe and hopefully the more competitive team to fight back to the Scudetto that will drive him.

On another hand, someone mentioned that Alex is doing so well because he spent a complete season injury free. That is a very strong factor, he played and trained all the time and we saw how he was consistent all through the season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So Ale's hard work this year was just a ploy for selection to the Azzurri, nothing else?
It is a strong factor but his love to the club, the return to Serie A, the will to take the team to the CL and of course that he was injury free all season all play a role in it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't know if I will predict wrong once again but I think he will have the same hunger again next year. Look at it this way, he was depressed with Capello, he then played in Serie B and his love to the club made him perform as he did. We gained promotion and he had a hard time with Donadoni which drove him to have an amazing season. Next season it is the return to Europe and hopefully the more competitive team to fight back to the Scudetto that will drive him.

On another hand, someone mentioned that Alex is doing so well because he spent a complete season injury free. That is a very strong factor, he played and trained all the time and we saw how he was consistent all through the season.
I'm with you on that one. The return to Europe and a more competitive team could stimulate him to play another killer season. About him being injury free, I think a lot might have to do with his personal trainer. Some of us were joking about it when Del Piero asked for one, but judging from the results the guy has been doing wonders.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
today i was so impressed by del piero, not for his class play, not for the fact he is the top scorer, and not because he scored 2 goals, but the way in which he stood down as penalty kick taker to allow trezeguet to draw level with him, this kind of behaviour is something not seen in today's football, he could easily have taken it himself, there was no reason for him not to, pure class, Del Piero per sempre, there will never be a player like him again, true legend

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
It would crush him. He worked all season to make it to the Euros. If he doesn't make it now, his season will be shit no matter how much energy he saved.
Once again tonight you hit the nail on the head.
I know he loves to play there and give his best for the Azzurri, he did that at the world cup, and they won the cup, he should have retired imo, and specially when Italy got this idiot Donadoni, Donadoni's decisions are making him sad I am afraid, he will probably be benched at the Euros and will get disappointed again, thou if he goes to vacation with his family, he will be better prepared for the next season, and better motivated probably.

Some people say 40-50 match is a lot for professional players, I didn't agree with that, but the case is totally different for Alex, the tiring season, then joining the Euros immediately, and joining back the Juve squad and in that short of time to prefer himself for the CL qualifications? for his age, and physically (it's not a secret he is not strong) that's very tough job, he will be physically exhausted and could end up injured. I just don't care the Euro cup, I wish if he did the same way like Nedved, and focused only for Juve..

Mar 24, 2006
Jack and Rev said it all. But allow me to say that, even when he was up with only 9 or 10 goals while others were really flying away in the table, I had this feeling he'll make it and he'll lead it.

Captain of the Captains, Legend of the Legends:touched:. Like Jack said, there's only one Del Piero and only one.
Capitano :touched: Eternal Hero .

Time to change your Sig , Rab :ultra:

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Ranieri "disappointed" Del Piero

Alessandro Del Piero reveals he’s “still waiting” to hear if he’ll be in Italy’s Euro 2008 committee and why he was angry with Claudio Ranieri.

“There is a question mark over the matter, but still no news to report,” he said of Roberto Donadoni’s Azzurri call. “I am still waiting.”

This has been the Juventus captain’s most prolific campaign since 1998, as a brace in the 3-3 draw with Sampdoria today took him to 21 goals.

If Marco Borriello fails to net at least two tomorrow with Genoa, then Del Piero will become the only player after Paolo Rossi to win back-to-back Capocannoniere crowns in Serie B and A.

It could well have been more, but Ranieri opted to substitute him 71 minutes into the match and it was very clear Del Piero did not appreciate the gesture.

“I don’t want to say anything. What has happened, happened,” said a still visibly irritated captain.

“Every time I leave the pitch I must have given everything I’ve got and have a clear conscience. Clearly in that moment I was disappointed and I think you could see that.

“Considering the status of the game, with nothing to play for other than personal matters, I would certainly have preferred to stay on the field.”

Del Piero could have completed a hat-trick anyway, but in a generous gesture allowed David Trezeguet to take the first penalty.

Trezeguet was also chasing the Capocannoniere title and finishes his season on 20 goals.

Channel 4

juvefan10

May 14, 2006
Real Captain!!!

i liked this pic and then made it more stylish, kinda.. :D :D

when you look ale play, different thought come flying to your head, thinking how brilliant he's touches are. when a ball comes to him, he may not do something special and simply pass it back, but he does it with gracefull movements.he's all around brilliant, we are so lucky to have him..

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Best perpormance since 1997/98 season , i think the personal trainer made the difference and let him back to him best since not even before the world cup he was in this form .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 204)