Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (40 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Here's what today's papers in Italy has wrote.

Del Piero to "La Gazzetta Dello Sport" We want more than a 2nd place.

Del Piero to "Coreire Dello Sport" This is the great Juve and we'll continue this way

"Tuttosport" Listen to Alex, we're looking for more than a 2nd place

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Thats indeed true.

But I also re-call him scoring powerful one in CL against Austrian team???? but that was like more than 35meters, not as powerful as this one, but was a good one.
Yeah I think I remember that one, it was a goal like Nedved use to score them.
Last night was really special though, the ball just moved really fast. I think I've never been more amazed by Del Piero than last game against Roma his work ethic and especially his goal, it just really surprised me. This is definitely his best season in a long time.

this one was rocket. :tup:

But still Ibra cadabra is the best :weee:
We'll with Ibra's physique you would expect him to hit balls with fierce power. Thats why I'm more amazed at Del Piero's although to be objective Ibra's goal in CL was awesome (not from free kick though)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Dude that was a sarcasm, ofcourse Zlatan is a huge talent, but what Del Piero is contributing to a team, Zlatan didn't contribute that much in his whole life, fact is fact!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Here's what today's papers in Italy has wrote.

Del Piero to "La Gazzetta Dello Sport" We want more than a 2nd place.

Del Piero to "Coreire Dello Sport" This is the great Juve and we'll continue this way

"Tuttosport" Listen to Alex, we're looking for more than a 2nd place
but Ranieri wants second place :eyebrows:

for now ofcourse, at the start he wanted to be champion, if things go bad, he might ask and beg for a cl spot ;)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
but Ranieri wants second place :eyebrows:

for now ofcourse, at the start he wanted to be champion, if things go bad, he might ask and beg for a cl spot ;)
hehe

but seriously, come and think of it, nothing is impossible and Alex knows that.

Lets hope next week when Inter will play Sampdoria away, cassano and company will give them a lesson and this is how our trip will go, hopefully.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Dude that was a sarcasm, ofcourse Zlatan is a huge talent, but what Del Piero is contributing to a team, Zlatan didn't contribute that much in his whole life, fact is fact!
I know snoop, I just had to comment though...u have to admit as sour as his attitude is, he does provide some class goals and plays. I just hope somebody injure the guy. soon.

Of course in terms of player and team spirit you can't compare him to Del Piero, not ever, coz I'm guessing it'll be along time till we(or any other team) finds a Captain as representative as DP (despite his patches of poor performances in the past)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Thats indeed true.

But I also re-call him scoring powerful one in CL against Austrian team???? but that was like more than 35meters, not as powerful as this one, but was a good one.
:agree: It was against Rapid Vienna... what a FK it was! :bow:

That ibracadbra hasn't even got 3% of Alex.
Ibra doesn't come close enough to just be compared to Alex the King :rulz:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
hehe

but seriously, come and think of it, nothing is impossible and Alex knows that.

Lets hope next week when Inter will play Sampdoria away, cassano and company will give them a lesson and this is how our trip will go, hopefully.
Ofcourse nothing is impossible, I am very satisfied with the place we are at the moment, 2nd place or 3rd place all good for me..

and stop editing my posts :D

I know snoop, I just had to comment though...u have to admit as sour as his attitude is, he does provide some class goals and plays. I just hope somebody injure the guy. soon.

Of course in terms of player and team spirit you can't compare him to Del Piero, not ever, coz I'm guessing it'll be along time till we(or any other team) finds a Captain as representative as DP (despite his patches of poor performances in the past)
his team spirit and behavior were the only reasons I wanted him out of this club, I reacted the same way against Chiellini, Zebina and Camoranesi.. All of them are great players but none is as good as Alex when it comes to behavior. Zlatan was directed to the wrong club, which will ruin him more, if he was moved to Milan or stayed here at Juve with someone taking care of him with disciplining him, he could become a real class, but I am afraid he won't become one since he is in the wrong place, not that I care anyway, he is a history. :eyebrows:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Well to you rab anyother player is 3% of Alex :p :pint:

his team spirit and behavior were the only reasons I wanted him out of this club, I reacted the same way against Chiellini, Zebina and Camoranesi.. All of them are great players but none is as good as Alex when it comes to behavior. Zlatan was directed to the wrong club, which will ruin him more, if he was moved to Milan or stayed here at Juve with someone taking care of him with disciplining him, he could become a real class, but I am afraid he won't become one since he is in the wrong place, not that I care anyway, he is a history. :eyebrows:
Well I guess we feel the same way then...coz I really liked his skills..but thats about the only thing, I don't even like the shape of his head and his clown nose..

Zlatan is a great footballer but never a leader nor a team player...(Im seriously hoping for him and Cambiaso to get injured, I don't see any other way we can make up the gap)...

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Not even close :)

Ibra is a great talented player.. Alex is a LEGEND. There is a huge difference between them both. Ale's performance when he was 19 is better than Ibra's performance now ;)

Ale started playing for Juve at the age of 19 and now he is 33 = almost 15 years. 15 years of TOP LEVEL football. This is really hard to match. 15 years of LEGENDARY PERFORMANCE.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Yeah, well after that game I wouldn't doubt it, but really rab, when was the last time he scored an absolute cracker?? And here it comes out of technique savvy Del Piero in his thirties!

I mean he usually scores them with elegant technique, Beautiful Curlers, not Frightening Thunderbolts!

I can't remember the last time he scored a goal that appeared as a blip across my screen!
august 2006 v inter (friendly), pure class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)