Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (107 Viewers)

bullitnuts

Coconathan;)
Sep 30, 2006
Looking at his performance since he was dropped from the Azzurri, I think he should be called back.
actually i'd rather that he not. i prefer that he gives his all for juve alone. the azzurri doesn't deserve him or more like donadoni doesn't.:disagree: he's going to make ale work on the left midfield and if he fails there which he would, everybody will be harping on his back :( i cannot take it when del piero is made to look the goat when he has no power over it.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
i think he should be called up for the Azzuri. Since he was left out of the squad for the last 2 games, he's signed his contract and scored 2 goals in 3 games. He's getting back into form. If Iaquinta gets picked and he doesn't, I wouldn't understand since Iaquinta hasn't really done much recently
I don´t know what are you talking about. If Iaquinta gets called up, it will be well deserved. His performances for Juve this season were above par. His performances for Azzurri are a differerent story, though. Take off your glasses, please.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I hope Ale gets called up because the Scotland v Italy game will probably be my only chance to see him play, but I don't think he will be called up.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Totti was playing at no more than 50% during the entire tournament and wasnt too effective, while Nesta was hurt from the get-go

I hardly call that retiring on a high

From an individual standpoint you're right but I don't think that's what he was talking about. Sure totti wasn't good and nesta was injured but going out when you're a world champion can't get any better. They went out on top and no one can take that away from them. DP should of retired after the WC, there's nothing wrong with going out as a champion. Now if he retires he'll be remembered for performing badly in a couple of euro qualifiers.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
From an individual standpoint you're right but I don't think that's what he was talking about. Sure totti wasn't good and nesta was injured but going out when you're a world champion can't get any better. They went out on top and no one can take that away from them. DP should of retired after the WC, there's nothing wrong with going out as a champion. Now if he retires he'll be remembered for performing badly in a couple of euro qualifiers.
seriously, will anyone remember any of these qualifiers even a year from now ??

All I might remember is just how punchless our team was under DONEadoni....

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
seriously, will anyone remember any of these qualifiers even a year from now ??

All I might remember is just how punchless our team was under DONEadoni....

ya, DP fans will remember how badly he played for the azzurri to end his international career. Who knows he might turn it around if he gets another chance, which he probably will. Dumbadoni is another story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 100)