Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (106 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Del Piero And Juve Close To Agreement

Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero is allegedly close to reaching an agreement with the club over his contract extension.

After a another day of seemingly interminable negotiations, it seems that Juventus and its captain Alessandro Del Piero have found an agreement for the player's contract extension.

The player's brother and agent Stefano, club administrator Jean Claude Blanc, and sporting director Alessio Secco had a meeting today to discuss the veteran striker's situation.

Juve allegedly withdrew their proposal of a contract based on performance for the second year, while the player accepted to reduce his salary by 20% for the first year and 25% for the second.

This means Del Piero will earn 4 million euros in 2009 and 3,5 million euros in 2010. The news is not official yet and no signature has been made yet, but that could be only a matter of hours.

Perhaps for the first time in his 13-year period at the club, there has been uncertainty regarding Del Piero's stay at the club. Despite having done brilliantly for the club last year in Serie B, he is not guaranteed a starting place this year under coach Claudio Ranieri.

Moreover, he's never been on very good terms with the club's new management, which took control in the wake of the Calciopoli trials and the subsequent relegation to Serie B.

goal.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
More or less , football has become all about money . But for a player that has been earning over 5 million euros for years , I don't think monye is a problem for him . I think he cares more about actually playing football in the final years of his carreer .

Thats even worse, he cant demand to be in the first eleven, he needs to earn it.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Beh, it's good news, that's for sure. What about the personal trainer issue? Is he going to have one?
Nothing is official concerning that. But Ranieri was in the meeting to discuss with the board about the personal trainer issue.

It's not a big deal, so i think they probably accepted his request.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 99)