Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (229 Viewers)

Nov 1, 2002
del piero have nothing to prove he is the best in and off the field and he showed the whole world how professional player and person he is. i just hope that this new mangement show some respect for him
playing badly for only 7 matches of the start of the league doesnt mean hes finished even though i dont think hes really in bad shape he just need time to finish this contract problem and play with relaxed mind to give us his magic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
del piero have nothing to prove he is the best in and off the field and he showed the whole world how professional player and person he is. i just hope that this new mangement show some respect for him
playing badly for only 7 matches of the start of the league doesnt mean hes finished even though i dont think hes really in bad shape he just need time to finish this contract problem and play with relaxed mind to give us his magic.
He had some bad games for an example cagliari game but when you think about it..
he played 55 min during the Livorno game and was alright.
Played against Udinese and was pretty good but unlucky.
Against Torino he was alright..
Against roma he was sub-par, wasted a penalty but you can't say he was terrible...

We still want more from him because we know he has more. I think he has to settle mentally with the club first.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Thanks & goodbye?

As the Alex Del Piero contract saga rumbles on, Antonio Labbate warns the No 10 to accept Juventus’ offer or face the consequences

It would be easy for Juventus to hand Alessandro Del Piero a new contract. After all, he’s a club legend, a loyal servant, a professional who has seen all the highs and lows imaginable in Turin since his 1993 switch from Padova. However, the club need to do what is right for their own future and Alex arguably belongs to the past.

I’m not saying that Juventus must show the No 10 the door at all costs and they are evidently willing to keep him – but, quite rightly, only on their own terms. The financial implications of Calciopoli are still being counted and Del Piero, who will turn 33 in November, can’t honestly expect the club to adhere to his reported salary demands of around £3.2m a season.

To be blunt, Del Piero is not worth that figure if we are assessing him purely on his ability as a footballer. He was probably the world’s best player during 1997-98, but you watch him today and he’s no longer that fantasista who seemed destined to become the Roberto Baggio of the 21st Century. He’s still a good player, but can he really be expected to make the difference in a body which can no longer consistently cope with what his feet want him to do?

Perhaps we expect too much of Del Piero, but the fact is that there have been concerns over his ability for some years now. While Alex will always have a special place in the hearts of the Juventus fans, he won’t always have a place in their team. Fabio Capello clearly had issues with him during his Turin stint, while Italy’s 2006 World Cup triumph was hardly based around ADP. He’s also not indispensable for either Claudio Ranieri or Roberto Donadoni these days seeing as both dropped him yesterday.

Del Piero needs to realise that his role at Juventus is changing and the club’s present contract offer is highlighting that reality. While Pinturrichio is right to feel that he should be rewarded for all that he’s done on his way to becoming a recognised flag-bearer for La Vecchia Signora, especially after demotion, he can’t live off his reputation alone in a career hampered by that knee injury in Udine nine years ago.

At the end of the day, Juventus are bigger than Alessandro Del Piero and always will be. They are also a club who have proved in the past that making unpopular decisions can sometimes pay. Del Piero should know that more than most, seeing as he really got his chance at Juve when they sold Baggio in 1995 due to a contract dispute. They said thank you and goodbye then, they seem prepared to do the same again if necessary…

Jul 26, 2007
Im very sad about del piero problems in NT and about his contract, but he will stay and he will show us all who is him, hes a true legend that deserves to play, maybe he isnt in good form atm but im sure he will score and play much better, becoz he can... all i want is that alex can stay with us more time, because when he leave us, all of us (or at least me) gonna miss him.. just enjoy that a legend like him still playing with us, and with all his experience he obviously can help the team... hes in a crisis but hes gonna past it , Forza Pinturicchio Del Piero Our Captain.. Stay with your old lady

Apr 12, 2004
What? He is an over-the-hill used to be...a great player in his time, but still, his great days are gone. He was, in his day, one of the best players in Italy, arguably the world, but to say that he will continue to play and get better is just a biased short-sighted drivel thought. He MIGHT play for what, 2 more years? Yea, he's going to get better when he is 35, this is DelPie we are talking about, not flippin' Barry Bonds. Also, he is not playing a position like Candyman or Makelele where their positions don't need A LOT of physical attributes, they tackle or playmake, especially Candyman, he was never fast, he was just a well rounded mentally great player. Candyman could read the game like a picture book burned up in a structure fire with a blindfold and his eyes cut out 3,000 kilometres away while drinking hot tea spilled in saltwater out of his boat....with AC/DC blaring.

Truth is, Delpie should not be playing as much as he does, and if you can't see that, you are a supporter of DelPie, not a supporter of Juventus......and that is a lot of the problems with you "supporters".

You support Delpie FC, not Juventus FC.

I'm the same exact way with Kahn, I think he should have been benched for Rensing 3 years ago. Ask anyone....

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Del piero is a full blooded juventino. Next year he shouldn't and probably won't start. He needs to face facts, he can't make more money playing from the bench than our starting players. He's asking for way to much and he needs to just accept whatever they're giving him. He shouldn't be given over 4 million euros just because he's name is Del piero. I think it's the same situation that we went through with neddy and trez. They wanted a lot of money, the management said no, so they settled for a fair amount. I'm glad the management didn't over pay for neddy and trez because then that would mean they would have to over pay for DP and even cammo (althought cammo is worth every penny). He'll end up accepting the managements offer at one time or another.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Truth is, Delpie should not be playing as much as he does, and if you can't see that, you are a supporter of DelPie, not a supporter of Juventus......and that is a lot of the problems with you "supporters".

Very True.

:tup:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
How come the wages of Del Piero are problem for the club , when they pay(ed) stupid amount of money to the players that didn't or don't play almost through the whole seasons, like Boumsong, Tudor, Oliveira, and many more that I can't think off in this moment. And another thins is that those things have to be settled in the club offices only , not through the press and media. It too late now , they made big circus out of it.
:pint:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
ßömßäяdîëя;1466772 said:
What? He is an over-the-hill used to be...a great player in his time, but still, his great days are gone. He was, in his day, one of the best players in Italy, arguably the world, but to say that he will continue to play and get better is just a biased short-sighted drivel thought. He MIGHT play for what, 2 more years? Yea, he's going to get better when he is 35, this is DelPie we are talking about, not flippin' Barry Bonds. Also, he is not playing a position like Candyman or Makelele where their positions don't need A LOT of physical attributes, they tackle or playmake, especially Candyman, he was never fast, he was just a well rounded mentally great player. Candyman could read the game like a picture book burned up in a structure fire with a blindfold and his eyes cut out 3,000 kilometres away while drinking hot tea spilled in saltwater out of his boat....with AC/DC blaring.

I'm the same exact way with Kahn, I think he should have been benched for Rensing 3 years ago. Ask anyone....
Don't cast your opinion on our captain, outlander. :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Bojinov Hails Del Piero

The Manchester City player spoke highly of the Juventus captain who is going through a difficult moment after being left on the bench with the Bianconeri and being excluded from the national team.

Valeri Bojinov gave his view on his former team-mate, Alessandro Del Piero, who is not going through a happy period in his career. The Juventus player has in fact not yet received a contract offer from the Bianconeri which satisfied him.

"I hope he signs a new deal, because he is a lad who does not talk much, but does it on the pitch," declared the former Fiorentina and Juventus player.

"Juventus must give him the contract because he is a flag and all of the Juventini love him, and just for this reason it would be fair to renew his contract."

Bojinov also spoke about another Italian player in difficulty, his team-mate Rolando Bianchi.

"I'm sorry for him because in Italy he scored and proved a lot. Scoring 18 goals in the Italian league is not easy.

"I don't know why he doesn't play, you should ask the coach," concluded Bojinov.

goal.com

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Burke,

Surely you can see why we want Del Piero to stay at Juve? Not because we believe he will finally get round to winning the balon d'or in 2010 (ok maybe some do, but speaking for the able-minded among us) but because at the moment he is the symbol of our club, he is our bandieria in every way, he's one of us living his dream, captain of Juventus FC, scoring important goals, setting records that will probably never be broken. In these days of Bosman free transfers, buy-out clauses for players over a certain age, to see Ale still at Juve, even as an underused sub gives us pride in the club, the shirt, our history. Your comment about Kahn - I cant tell if you were being sarcastic or not - you'd like him benched but still at Bayern till he calls it a day surely? He is the last of his kind, a player who could have left for his pick of clubs, the Madrids, Manchesters & Barca's came calling & he stayed loyal to Bayern, a mark of the man & the club. The same is true for Ale, Maldini, Totti. The honour with which they play for the shirt, the pride in wearing the colours of their boyhood heroes is enough for them, no matter who comes calling.

This has nothing to do with choosing Del Piero over the club I love, just a realiastion that he is the type of player we wont see too often in future. A life long fan giving his career to the old lady. Im honoured to have met him, seen him play, to have been in the curva sud & chanted the name of a legend as he carved his place into the history of his & our club. To leave as our longest serving player & top scorer is perfect. To ruin that by leaving early & playing for some other club is just wrong.

I know this sentimental post leaves me wide open to a real Burk-ing, but its how I feel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 221)