Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (109 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
i love dp, he is the whole reason why i support juve. BUT i support JUVE and juve is bigger than DP, its more than DP. he deserves a decent contract for his loyalty and who he is but we shouldnt piss our money up the wall.
FFS, for the 100 times, it's not like Juventus vs Alex, he's in a war with our current board.

Stop with this silly Juve bigger than Dp, stop turning this into Juventus club vs Ale and get your facts straight ffs.

If you can't argue the Del Piero vs Cobolli, DON'T... but don't put Alex in a situation vs the CLUB as all.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I have no doubt the situation will be resolved and Ale will finish his career with Juve.

However, I don't think either the board or Ale are going to come out of this affair covered in glory.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know if what Alen said is true or not, but Alex is asking 5 million and if that equals 10 million euros per year for him.
No, you got me wrong. I have no idea how much Ale is asking for.
In that article in Gazzetta it was said that he earns 4.8m eur net which equals 7.2m eur, including the taxes.
That's what he currently earns. I don't have a clue how muuch he's asking for. All i know is that he refused to accept a 30% pay-cut.
If my math is ok, then the board was offering him 3 340 000 euro/year. That's less than what they gave to Nedved only 2 months ago and that's wrong.

Men and women, i know we are not the ones who are paying his wages, but i completely understand why is the board offering pay-cuts.

At this moment :
Ale is earning 4.8m eur (7.2 including the taxes)
Boumsong = 2.5m eur ( 3.7m eur including the taxes)
Zebina = 2.5m eur ( 3.7m eur including the taxes)

Now, lets say they earn this money for the next 3 years. That gives the number 44 m euro only for the wages of these three.

Imo, all of them don't deserve these wages and they must take a pay-cut

Lets say Ale takes a 20% pay cut and he starts earning 3.9m eur/year ( 5.8 with taxes)
Boumsong = 1.2m eur ( 1.8 including the taxes)
Zebina = 1.5m eur (2.3 including the taxes)

If this is what they earn we'll have to pay them 29.7m eur for the next 3 years.

44 - 29.7 = 14.3m euro

We can buy a world class player with the money we've "earned" this way.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And this taxes thing is a big problem and many board members of Italian teams complained about it. Italian teams pay 50% taxes while Spanish teams pay 20% taxes.
In order Buffon to earn 5m eur net, Juve has to pay 7.5m eur.
In order Buffon to earn 5m eur net, Barcelona has to pay 6m eur.

So, Barcelona can pay Buffon 6.2m eur net and they will pay an amount of 7.4m eur including the taxes.

This way Buffon earns more and Barcelona pays less. That is why Spanish teams have an advantage over Italian teams.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If Italian clubs pay 50% taxes, that for a 5 mil € salary that would be 7.5 mil € in total, not 10?
I look stupid now, don't i ? :)
You are right, my estimation was wrong

So, we pay DP 7.2M eur/year , not 9.6

But we will still make more than solid profit with the pay-cuts

I've edited the previous posts

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And this taxes thing is a big problem and many board members of Italian teams complained about it. Italian teams pay 50% taxes while Spanish teams pay 20% taxes.
In order Buffon to earn 5m eur net, Juve has to pay 7.5m eur.
In order Buffon to earn 5m eur net, Barcelona has to pay 6m eur.

So, Barcelona can pay Buffon 6.2m eur net and they will pay an amount of 7.4m eur including the taxes.

This way Buffon earns more and Barcelona pays less. That is why Spanish teams have an advantage over Italian teams.
If Italian clubs pay 50% taxes, that for a 5 mil € salary that would be 7.5 mil € in total, not 10?
I look stupid now, don't i ? :)
You are right, my estimation was wrong

So, we pay DP 7.2M eur/year , not 9.6

But we will still make more than solid profit with the pay-cuts

I've edited the previous posts
Just blame it on the communist education system ;)
Yeah, bloody communists.
1+1 was 3 if the party said so.
No wonder we suck at maths :smoke:

:D

God, I love the Balkens. You people are fucking awesome.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Wow, tough time for Alex..

Troubles with the board, having a son soon, recently left out from the National Team, getting jeered by his own beloved Juve fans,not to mention he's out of shape and form...all this unnecessary pressure is just getting to him..

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Wow, tough time for Alex..

Troubles with the board, having a son soon, recently left out from the National Team, getting jeered by his own beloved Juve fans,not to mention he's out of shape and form...all this unnecessary pressure is just getting to him..
Don't worry about him.. He's been there before :) He'll show people who's Del Piero :)

David01

Aug 20, 2006
you guys have to keep in mind that he is nearing the end of his career. did you look at him against Fiorentina, he sucked. he obviously has problems but why should the board give him whatever he wants. we don't have the cash like we used to. he is a good player but no longer an excellent one. he shouldn't be paid like one.
thumbs up for the board, they think of what is best for the club not for DP.
I really hope they can sort this out but not at all costs.
Alex your time is almost up, you have got to face reality!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Here`s what channel 4 said about Del Piero and his contract.

Blog: Thanks & goodbye?

As the Alex Del Piero contract saga rumbles on, Antonio Labbate warns the No 10 to accept Juventus’ offer or face the consequences

It would be easy for Juventus to hand Alessandro Del Piero a new contract. After all, he’s a club legend, a loyal servant, a professional who has seen all the highs and lows imaginable in Turin since his 1993 switch from Padova. However, the club need to do what is right for their own future and Alex arguably belongs to the past.

I’m not saying that Juventus must show the No 10 the door at all costs and they are evidently willing to keep him – but, quite rightly, only on their own terms. The financial implications of Calciopoli are still being counted and Del Piero, who will turn 33 in November, can’t honestly expect the club to adhere to his reported salary demands of around £3.2m a season.

To be blunt, Del Piero is not worth that figure if we are assessing him purely on his ability as a footballer. He was probably the world’s best player during 1997-98, but you watch him today and he’s no longer that fantasista who seemed destined to become the Roberto Baggio of the 21st Century. He’s still a good player, but can he really be expected to make the difference in a body which can no longer consistently cope with what his feet want him to do?

Perhaps we expect too much of Del Piero, but the fact is that there have been concerns over his ability for some years now. While Alex will always have a special place in the hearts of the Juventus fans, he won’t always have a place in their team. Fabio Capello clearly had issues with him during his Turin stint, while Italy’s 2006 World Cup triumph was hardly based around ADP. He’s also not indispensable for either Claudio Ranieri or Roberto Donadoni these days seeing as both dropped him yesterday.

Del Piero needs to realise that his role at Juventus is changing and the club’s present contract offer is highlighting that reality. While Pinturrichio is right to feel that he should be rewarded for all that he’s done on his way to becoming a recognised flag-bearer for La Vecchia Signora, especially after demotion, he can’t live off his reputation alone in a career hampered by that knee injury in Udine nine years ago.

At the end of the day, Juventus are bigger than Alessandro Del Piero and always will be. They are also a club who have proved in the past that making unpopular decisions can sometimes pay. Del Piero should know that more than most, seeing as he really got his chance at Juve when they sold Baggio in 1995 due to a contract dispute. They said thank you and goodbye then, they seem prepared to do the same again if necessary…

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Me too:

SARÒ SEMPRE AL TUO FIANCO, (I will always be by your side)
IO DI TE NON MI STANCO, (I will never get tired)
SEI LA COSA PIÙ BELLA CHE C'È (you are the greatest there is)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO OOLEEE
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO,
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO OOLEEE
:weee:

Forza Del Piero - un Juventino Per Sempre !!!
me too.. forza ale.. we are not going to forget what you have gave us.. you are the best. you will get out of this diffecult time even stronger..

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
We must get rid of Secco......Can anybody fake a pic of him naked with a 10 year old boy ??
sure there are plently of capello pictures ready to be doctored

I have no doubt the situation will be resolved and Ale will finish his career with Juve.

However, I don't think either the board or Ale are going to come out of this affair covered in glory.
hate to say this but when alex signed his last contract the world was stunned at the amount he was earning, time to face facts that he will not get this sort of offer anymore. the club should be seen to be doinf all they can to keep him though there are no winners in this..........

well except the agents

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Monday 8 October, 2007

It is a tough time for Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero who believes his side should have beaten Fiorentina and misses out on the Azzurri call.

The Old Lady continued their unbeaten run against the Viola with a 1-1 draw at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, but they so nearly took all three points as a late Adrian Mutu penalty denied them.

“I have some regrets as we only got a draw when we were so close to maximum points,” he admitted on his personal website.

“Maybe we were helped by the fact that Fiorentina had played a tough UEFA game in midweek, but once we were ahead we failed to deliver the knockout blow.”

As well as facing an unclear future at club level as contract negotiations with Juve continue to stall, Del Piero’s future in the national side is up in the air.

Having issued Donadoni with an ultimatum that he would no longer play in the midfield, Alex has been dropped for the upcoming friendly with South Africa and Euro 2008 qualifier against Georgia.

“I’m disappointed to not be a part of the Azzurri squad for the game against Georgia,” he admitted. “But good luck to Italy.”

Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 104)