Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (177 Viewers)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I think Alex should be realistic & accept a paycut. He was lucky not to get a card today after a Monteroish retaliation. Him falling all over the pitch & taking so long to get up just shows that the peak is past and please don't tell me the contract negotiations has installed a speed governor in his system?

May 22, 2007
So you think that Alex deserves, based on his performances, a guaranteed 5 mil € per year for the next 3 years? Thats 15 mil €.
He never hinted at that to be fair. Ill agree saying he should retire, when he didn't have a chance to get into the game today is completely mongtarded. He doesn't deserve all that money by the way.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
:lol2: Yeah right Del Piero needs to retire,he is an overrated and past his prime player. Despite we have Giovinco as his successor:rolleyes:

I love it how ppl say something like that and after he scores a freakin freekick he is god again.And btw he deserves every penny he is earning.Forza Del Piero.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
So you think that Alex deserves, based on his performances, a guaranteed 5 mil € per year for the next 3 years? Thats 15 mil €.
I usually don't enter into the wages discussions alot....but considering that he has accepted twice a paycut and considering his loyality and what he's done to the club and still doing, I wouldn't mind that, not to also mention the money he's bringing to the club from adv to media etc.

On the other hand, looking at the way Cobolli is treating our players, I'll stand with Alex no matter what, If he wants his 5m per year then i'm supporting him over un-qualified person like Cobolli.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I usually don't enter into the wages discussions alot....but considering that he has accepted twice a paycut and considering his loyality and what he's done to the club and still doing, I wouldn't mind that, not to also mention the money he's bringing to the club from adv to media etc.

On the other hand, looking at the way Cobolli is treating our players, I'll stand with Alex no matter what, If he wants his 5m per year then i'm supporting him over un-qualified person like Cobolli.

Well, club before player I say, for the amount we could save on his wages, if he accepted, say around 2,5 or 3 mil € a year, we could buy a new player.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The taxes in Italy are 50%.
These circa 5m eur he is getting per year are actually net money and what Juve pays for him is a figure close to 10m euro per year.
For three years this will give a number close to 30 m euro only for Del Piero.

But even though i disagree with someone who's not producing the goods to be payed so high, i really find it disrespectful towards Ale to be offered a wage lower than what Pavel Nedved (who signed his new contract just recently) is earning.

I don't know why it is so hard for both parties to come to an agreement :shifty:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002

What you say about Coboli is true. He has been disrespectful with many players but that does not mean that DP is worth 5 mil € a year.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Well, club before player I say, for the amount we could save on his wages, if he accepted, say around 2,5 or 3 mil € a year, we could buy a new player.
Thats not the case here.

It's not Juventus vs Del Piero, it's Cobolli and his people vs Del Piero, I say Del Piero before cobolli.

What lot of you are failing to see is that, what Cobolli is doing has nothing to do with Juventus vs Players.... but it's him.

Trezeguet with his 15th celebration towards cobolli was about to leave...

Buffon was on the verge to join another team

Nedved criticized the board for their treatment towards him

Chiellini was about to take a plane to man. city

Mauro, just like Pavel's story

and so on.... so i don't see why would anyone here stick with Cobolli and not Del Piero. Forget his performances, Trezeguet was passing through the same, and people wanted his transfer to take palce, but look what he's offering now, same dilemma with Alex, people wanted his head after few months he turned out to be their idol.

So to me, It's Cobolli vs Del Piero, I'll go with the Captain anyday, anytime without thinking twice.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Thats not the case here.

It's not Juventus vs Del Piero, it's Cobolli and his people vs Del Piero, I say Del Piero before cobolli.

What lot of you are failing to see is that, what Cobolli is doing has nothing to do with Juventus vs Players.... but it's him.

Trezeguet with his 15th celebration towards cobolli was about to leave...

Buffon was on the verge to join another team

Nedved criticized the board for their treatment towards him

Chiellini was about to take a plane to man. city

Mauro, just like Pavel's story

and so on.... so i don't see why would anyone here stick with Cobolli and not Del Piero. Forget his performances, Trezeguet was passing through the same, and people wanted his transfer to take palce, but look what he's offering now, same dilemma with Alex, people wanted his head after few months he turned out to be their idol.

So to me, It's Cobolli vs Del Piero, I'll go with the Captain anyday, anytime without thinking twice.
:tup:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
And if we had a good board we'd give him 19 mil € per year, a private jet and unlimited access to the playboy mantion?

They want to him to take a pay cut, as he should. Nothing wrong in that.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
And if we had a good board we'd give him 19 mil € per year, a private jet and unlimited access to the playboy mantion?

They want to him to take a pay cut, as he should. Nothing wrong in that.
Lets be realistic little bit. Both of us don't know what's going indoor, but considering that we all know Del Piero's loyality to the team, it's just more logic to stick with him than the other punk.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
What I would like to see is DP take a paycut, sign a one year contract, go to the gym or wherever he went in those Capello days, come back & show this management what they would be missing. At the moment he is not putting in a very convincing argument.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 173)